PC key pad help

DarenWasteland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DarenWasteland

Im looking for a gamepad with a good thumbstick. Some friends want to get me into MMOs but I have never liked the wasd or esdf configurations. I think that a gamepad with a good thumbstick would go a long way to making that hotkey based combat a little easier for me.

Any suggestions?

Edit: to clarify, I mean a keypad not a controler

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What MMOs are they looking to play? Because most MMOs aren't suited to gamepads. DCU Online is one that is suited to gamepads, but something like WoW isn't.

Xbox 360 pads for PC are the standard go to. They're cheap and they work right out of the box with the majority of PC games.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Are you thinking about something like the Razer Orbweaver or Logitech G13? You can map either of them (and I've owned both) so that the thumbstick can handle hotkey or WASD duties. It might be the middle ground between keyboard and gamepad you're looking for.

Personally, I prefer the Orbweaver but the G13 is an excellent device too.

DarenWasteland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dave_tacitus: yea something like that. I dislike having to multitask between movement and attack with the same fingers. Feels like playing twister with my hands. I'll look into those.

Thanks

Avatar image for deactivated-5a72087901fb1
deactivated-5a72087901fb1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I briefly tried a G13 and thought it was pretty cool both for games and I bet it's a useful tool for development/coding/production stuff.