• 121 results
#1 Posted by LucidDreams117 (343 posts) -

First off, I'm not here to deny PC gamers their place as best platform. I know all about the goodness that comes with playing games on PC.

Slowly, over the past year or so I've been noticing the "Master Race" getting higher and higher on that pedestal but yesterday I realised how out of hand this is getting. With all the news of Destiny being officially shown off (though let's not kid ourselves, there wasn't much) and platforms being announced, check out many of the articles across the internets and there'll be a flood of: No PC!?!? Or: PC version or no sale Bungie! Or: I don't want to play with crappy console controls Or "I have a 360 but I don't want the crappy console graphics and loading screens"

And of course people took the quote from a Bungie dev "Nobody plays shooters the way they used to." and misconstrued it to no end. PC players were angry and thought Bungie was saying how mouse and keyboard is not how to play an FPS. That a controller was superior! It's true what a lot of people say. Sony or Microsoft, or Nintendo fanboys can be bad, but there's nothing like a PC fanboy and the way they will make sure you know the meaning of "PC Master Race!"

It's all very snob like. I don't mind people wanting a game on another platform. I don't mind when people debate how their preferred platform is better or I don't even mind the console wars but lately PC gamers are getting out of hand with talking trash about consoles as if many of us don't know the goodness of PC gaming. The simple answer is this. For those of us who console game, we know the simplicity and assurance we get when popping in that disc. I think this all has to do with how long this console generation has run and how we're getting many cases of the PC version being the best. Games like Far Cry 3 have frame rate issues and screen tearing on the consoles and it gives PC gamers to opportunity to climb higher on their throne. It's funny. Whenever the console wars spark up, PC gamers are there belittling them calling them "peasants" but meanwhile they're flying their "console" flag just as high if not higher. After reading the comments from yesterday, I found myself actually gobsmacked and saying out loud, what the fuck happened! When did this all escalate to this level of assholeness? Maybe I'm blind and haven't noticed it's been like this forever but It's getting a little too crazy.

PS. Sorry about the length. Didn't know it'd get this long.

#2 Edited by Pr1mus (3518 posts) -

Well games are made for the lowest common denominator and that's the consoles. But they're getting so far behind where PC is relative to previous generations when a console cycle would last 5 years or so that it becomes increasingly frustrating when PC ports are trash or non-existent. Add the fact that there is an increasing number of devs that sees this and actually started doing some real quality work on PC in the last 2 years and it's understandable why some people would be pissed. That doesn't justify it but it explains it.

But anyway this will be a non-issue because it'a an Activision game and there's no way this won't be on every platforms. This is almost assuredly not coming out this year and there's no way they would try to launch a big new franchise like this exclusively on the older consoles AFTER the new ones have launched. At the very least this will be on PS4 and Nextbox.

#3 Edited by Branthog (7332 posts) -

It's fair to say that if it's not going to be on PC, you're not going to buy it. However, there are a lot of uppity PC jerks who completely detest console gaming and ridicule console gamers. Granted, there are probably more douchebags on consoles than PCs (simply because of the barrier of entry that filters some out on PC) and the console is responsible for a lot of poor gaming conditions on the PC for all the reasons we've hashed over a million times already, but they are not inherently awful platforms.

I've always been a die-hard PC gamer who spends thousands every 12-24 months to build a brand new high end rig from scratch just for gaming, with multiple top of the line GPUs and multiple 30" displays. I never even owned a console until the current generation. It took me a long time to get used to the controllers. In fact, I hated consoles and ridiculed them and people who played on them. Anything worth playing was on the PC. (Some of this feeling may also have also been due to how consoles were not, until recently, an HD thing -- so you had PCs which were running extremely high resolutions for the past decade, while consoles were largely still running at 480p or whatever).

After acclimating myself to consoles -- and especially after going through that recent drought where PCs were sort of short-serviced in comparison to the bounty of console games -- I came to really enjoy them. I own multiple of all of them and everything serves a purpose. Sometimes I want to sit in my home theater with my amazing sound system and 60" screen, kicking it on my big comfy 9' ComfySack. Other times, I want to hunch over my desk and intently stare into my 30" monitor with WASD+M. Some games are suited to one platform better than the other. I prefer COD on console. I prefer a lot of shorter RPGs and FPSes on console. I prefer big epic RPGs and western RPGs on the PC. I prefer Battlefield on the PC. Counter-Strike. Red Orchestra. Strategy games and RTSes. MMOs. Simulation games.

Dismissing consoles or PCs seems silly to me. There is an awesome world of games out there and you should make yourself open to as many of them as possible. Consoles are cheap. PCs are expensive. If you can afford the expensive PC Master Race life-style, then it should be reasonable to afford at least one or two of the consoles to expand your horizons.

Frankly, I look back on opening myself up to consoles as being a turning point as I aimed into my old age. The point where I sort of stopped and realized that I can be a real pompous dick and a total contrarian and that if I'd just shut the fuck up sometimes and give things and people a chance, I might be fucking delighted with shit and have less reason to be a bitter curmudgeon that hates everything.

I mean, I still hate most things. Just . . . slightly less. And remember to give a few things a chance now and then. :P

As to WHY PC gamers are sometimes such venomous pricks? I think it's because they always feel that, despite being the superior platform in most regards, they are always on the verge of becoming irrelevant due to market conditions that primarily seem to focus on the lowest common denominator development (which means consoles). The more PC gaming seems under attack or in a dire situation (whether real or perceived), the more I think PC gamers feel the need to rage against everything else, defensively.

#4 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

eh, don't let it bother you. They're just being whiny assholes

still don't get why they care about destiny though!

#5 Posted by Funkydupe (3293 posts) -

All humans have great potential for asshattery.

#6 Edited by believer258 (11046 posts) -

The PC gaming crowd can be snobbish and can overreact a whole lot, yes, but often the console crowd is completely ignorant of the underlying reasons why. Dismissing a huge group of people by casually remarking that "nobody plays shooters the way they used to" is frankly pretty stupid. If games like Halo 3 or Counter Strike or Quake 3 Arena were more prevalent than Call of fuckmothering Duty, then you bet your ass I would play more online shooters. Also, old-school style shooters with health and the ability to hold all of the guns and move at a decent pace are all but disappearing as well. I almost wouldn't be surprised if Half-Life 3, if it even exists, turns out to be an aim-down-the-sights slow-running health-regenerating shooter. And that would be a crying shame, because those old-school shooters tend to be so much more fun than jacking off behind cover to make your health go back up and then popping up for five seconds to shoot enemies that are about as intelligent as rocks with the same fucking assault rifle you've been using for fifty thousand games in a row.

I wish that whoever said that would clarify themselves, I'd like to know what they mean.

EDIT: I don't mean to imply that I hate regenerating health or hiding behind cover or whatever. Gears, Halo, CoD4, those are all great games and I've thoroughly enjoyed them, but it seems like every shooter that comes out does that same fucking thing. Set piece-shoot some dudes from behind cover-set piece-oorah, that pattern isn't fun anymore.

#7 Edited by Pr1mus (3518 posts) -
@animasta said:

That's quite the irony come to think of it. For all the scumbag PC elitist Bungie are the Halo guys and to them Halo is that "console garbage that only kids play" and now they're pissed that Bungie doesn't want to make their next shooter on PC?

#8 Posted by LucidDreams117 (343 posts) -

@Branthog I agree many times over. It's good to expand your horizons. Number one reason I go to sites like Kotaku and watch pretty much every quick look on Giant Bomb, is because I like not just being of one mindset or in this case one platform. I like being knowledgeable about several things across gaming so I'm not arrogant. I know how PC games are better but I'm happy with my consoles. Doesn't mean I'll be an ass about it.

#9 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -

I don't really see why you'd single out PC gamers here, there's just as much whining coming from supporters of every platform.

With the PC though, a big part of the problem is how long the console generation has gone on for. PC's are now capable of things far beyond what the current systems can do, so pretty much everything is being held back and buying a PC that can play current games at max settings is pretty cheap by this point, and with massive Steam sales and increased support, there's a lot more people doing it. If you have the choice, there's pretty much no reason to buy a game on a console, when you could play it on the PC, where it'll look better, will support your controller, can be played on a TV and be cheaper. I don't see any arrogance or elitism there, it's just common sense. When the new consoles hit and people will likely have to choose between upgrading or simply buying a console.. we'll probably see attitudes change.

When it comes to things like Destiny and GTAV, it's just a question of why not? If it were announced for the 360 and Wii U, I'm sure the PS3 fans would be going just as crazy to find out why they're being cut out of the market for no apparent reason. Some people want to play on consoles, some people prefer to stick to the PC. The problem for PC gamers, is that certain publishers are just outright ignoring the platform.

#10 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Who cares? Let them bitch and whine about it all they want.

#11 Posted by triple07 (1193 posts) -

As some one who has moved to mainly playing PC games, yes those people are super annoying. I wish they would be more quiet with their bitching.

Although is anyone else less excited for Destiny hearing its for the 360 and PS3? I mean by the time it comes out there should be new consoles out there and then who cares about games coming out for the old consoles.

#12 Posted by LucidDreams117 (343 posts) -

It'd be damn shame if shame if Half-Life 3 was in the same style as COD. I'm a console gamer and I know I still want that game to be like a classic PC shooter. No very modern day influences. I really doubt Valve would Codify it. They answer to no one. Just look at how much they listen to their fans and have told oh so much about HL3. Haha. And if they did in fact modernize it, I think people would actually march on their doors with torches and pitchforks in hand.

#13 Posted by Butano (1683 posts) -
Because we totally are

Jokings aside, it's pretty much always been that way. I'd pretty much been a console gamer til around 08-09 when I'd built my first PC. Consoles are totally OK by me, but after succumbing to Steam's sales, I much prefer PC gaming. Cheaper games and digital distribution means more games and more room in my apartment.

#14 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4281 posts) -

All I notice here are more people talking about building and switching to PC. I can sympathize with those who would want to play Destiny on PC, I wouldn't play it on consoles unless there was a next gen version.

Go to system wars over at gamespot if you want to see real elitist assholes.

#15 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

@pr1mus said:
@animasta said:

That's quite the irony come to think of it. For all the scumbag PC elitist Bungie are the Halo guys and to them Halo is that "console garbage that only kids play" and now they're pissed that Bungie doesn't want to make their next shooter on PC?

I'd class myself as a PC "gamer", but I fucking love Halo and would be chuffed to see any of Bungie's future offerings on PC as well as on consoles. It's not to say I won't just nab it on PS3 if it's not on PC, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't come to PC.

#16 Edited by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

#17 Posted by LucidDreams117 (343 posts) -

@WinterSnowBlind I am in no way defending the whining of console gamers. I know about them all too well. I'm talking about PC gamers because of how snob like they are as of late. I agree about how the main problem is how long this generation has gone on for. It just seems like it's given the PC crowd the opportunity to step in and really be vocal about how much they dislike "Crappy console controls and console graphics." And Destiny isn't the first game. Have you seen many of comments on some quick looks?

"why would you show the console version? PC is better." I'm generalizing obviously, but you get the picture.

#18 Edited by Jams (2956 posts) -

@butano said:

Jokings aside, it's pretty much always been that way. I'd pretty much been a console gamer til around 08-09 when I'd built my first PC. Consoles are totally OK by me, but after succumbing to Steam's sales, I much prefer PC gaming. Cheaper games and digital distribution means more games and more room in my apartment.

That goes with my theory that around '09 console gamers started getting tired of current consoles and starting dipping their toes into the wonderful world of PC gaming. Even the Giant Bomb crew would mock PC gaming (around '09) like it was a thing of the past, now they're all always talking about the PC and how it's better.

It seems everyone took it upon themselves to go next gen by building their own computer. What happened since then is people finding that they're enjoying playing on the PC and have fully committed to the idea of PC gaming. So when a game comes out on that "old gen console" they used before they converted themselves to the PC, they're disappointed that everyone else hasn't converted over yet.

Edit: I forgot to conclude what I think it means that people started PC gaming more since '09.

That's what I believe anyways.

#19 Posted by Grelik (133 posts) -

Why do people assume that people who game on PC's haven't, or will never game on a console? It's not like once you boot up your first PC game you suddenly don't have consoles. It's very possible and probable to have both...

Regardless. It's mostly the fact that people look at this game, and see how it's perfectly suited to PC, and that mouse and keyboard IS superior for FPS games. Is not elitist, is common sense to be baffled they wouldn't release this on PC (especially wot all the social integration they were showing).

Anyways. As stated above, it's activision, I see no reason why they won't make this available on every platform possible just to get more money out of it.

#20 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

It's science. PC is better than consoles. Science!

#21 Edited by LucidDreams117 (343 posts) -

@DaMisterChief that's an awesome photo! First time I've seen it.

#22 Posted by TyCobb (1924 posts) -

It's science. PC is better than consoles. Science!

Science. Science. Science.

It's really dumb that more games aren't released day 1 for PC. With PC being back in full glory and the combination of Steam (and Origin I guess), it just doesn't make sense for games to not also be on PC. Especially when the game is already built for the 360. They are just losing sales, but whatever, not my problem. If the game wasn't worthy enough to be on PC, then it wasn't worthy enough for me to buy it ;)

#23 Edited by AlexW00d (6061 posts) -

You're just being as generalising in your post as you claim people who own PCs are. People who don't own PCs will moan about things just as ridiculous as this, but you don't see people making dumb threads about that do you?

I won't be buying Destiny because if it's not on PC either. (I won't be buying it either way but ignore that for now) Is this because of some implied snobbery, or is it just because I don't really like playing games (FPS especially) with controllers or at sub PAL SD resolution upscaled?

But srs, you very handily ignore the fact that people will moan about shit regardless of if they play PC games or xbox games or wiiu games etc etc etc.

#24 Posted by Scrawnto (2413 posts) -

It just seems silly to me, if this is a game that is going to be supported for years (10 years? Or is that including full sequels?), that anyone would tie themselves to a static and outdated hardware platform. If the game does come out on either a next generation console or PC, I will be much more excited for it.

#25 Posted by Aetheldod (3342 posts) -

I play in all so no worries here , yet lately I prefer the PC (much more flexible etc) also I worry about next gen console and their desire to be entertainment hubs rather than gaming machines. As of destiny erll I hope it comes out on currente systems ... I do not wish to buy a next gen console soon D:

#26 Posted by Humanity (7958 posts) -

The difference is you hardly ever see console gamers talk down pc gaming. How many times have you seen a console fan drop a snarky line about spending $5000 on a new pc only to not even get to play the game because of driver issues? How many times do we have to see that 3 year old Escapist screen of the Glorious PC Master Race? I was a hardcore PC gamer too in the 90's. So hey, grow up. Some people don't give a shit about x8 antistrophic filtering, is that such a crime? The common lowest denominator..the reason PC gaming is subjected to this common lowest denominator is because people hacked and pirated the shit out of PC games until developers noticed they can be more in control of their own product on consoles.

#27 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

I'm just mad that Bungee won't be making a Marathon style with M+KB controls.

#28 Posted by Scrawnto (2413 posts) -
@humanity said:

The difference is you hardly ever see console gamers talk down pc gaming. How many times have you seen a console fan drop a snarky line about spending $5000 on a new pc only to not even get to play the game because of driver issues? How many times do we have to see that 3 year old Escapist screen of the Glorious PC Master Race?

That Escapist screen is usually posted by a snarky console gamer, so I don't really see your point. The console gamer snark has certainly diminished recently as the PC gaming community has grown, but it used to be all over the place. The fact is that the criticisms against PC gaming have gotten less relevant as it's gotten cheaper and easier to put together a PC and the consoles have fallen farther behind.

#29 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2167 posts) -

Here's the thing Bungie have always been a console developer so why on earth are PC gamers getting themselves riled up that Destiny won't be coming to PC when clearly that was never going to be the case.

#30 Posted by TheHT (10286 posts) -

If Destiny doesn't come out on a PC I won't buy it. That's not me being spiteful or snobby. I play games mostly on my PC is all.

Were people getting seriously upset about it?

#31 Posted by CrazyRah (20 posts) -

Pretty much both the console people and the PC people have been asshats for a while about a wide variety of stuff and reasons. I've stop getting bothered about it, asshats are going to exist and they're not going to go silent any time soon. It sucks that Bungie don't want to develop Destiny on PC but that's their choice. Just as it's my choice to not buy it due to the same reason. The quote was perhaps not the best thing ever said though so not suprised a lot of people got really angry

#32 Edited by EXTomar (4125 posts) -

Isn't this topic the opposite snobbery? I would think both console and PC elitism is bad and we probably shouldn't worry about it. Or in other words, why worry about what someone else is doing?

#33 Posted by mandude (2667 posts) -

You paint with extremist colours. I must not visit the same websites as you do.

That said, PC whiners are always going to be more prevalent than console whiners, because the fact of the matter is, PC development is an afterthought, and PC gamers genuinely do have more to be upset about.

#34 Posted by Nilazz (606 posts) -

Here's the thing Bungie have always been a console developer so why on earth are PC gamers getting themselves riled up that Destiny won't be coming to PC when clearly that was never going to be the case.

Actually, Bungie's first 10 games were pc/mac games.

#35 Posted by Pr1mus (3518 posts) -

I gotta say, the one thing that really pisses me off as a primarily PC gamer is when devs don't bother making their games functional with the keyboard and mouse. I use the controller plenty of times but if the Batman Arkham games work as well as they do with the keyboard and mouse you have no fucking excuse not to have functional K + M controls. Functional is the key word here. Some games will always work better with a controller but if a minimum amount of efforts is put towards making the K+ M controls any good in most cases any types of games can work great.

Especially in menus. Bullshit like Mass Effect 2's menu navigation is just gross. Especially when they didn't even include controller support.

#36 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -
#37 Posted by EXTomar (4125 posts) -

Yes how odd people forget that Bungie used to do a lot of games on the Mac and some on the PC. Which type of snobbery is it that causes people to believe that?

#38 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (1855 posts) -

This is one very specific reason I hate the internet. The fact that people feel it necessary to align themselves with either side of this stupid, stupid scenario. Neither side can bring this argument up without some amount of snobbery.

Also, it's an argument to begin with. That shit is dumb.

#39 Posted by EXTomar (4125 posts) -

I would rather discuss the "What if Microsoft never bought Bungie?" instead of this topic.

#40 Posted by MikkaQ (10225 posts) -

One thing I never got about the PC-gaming-master-race-blah-blah (ugh how I hate Yahtzee for coining that) types, is their giant whopping case of pre-2000 amnesia. If you talk to some of them about mouse and keyboards it's like controllers never existed for PC and were never meant to be near them. Yet I remember back in the day controllers, wheels, and joysticks were basically essential to enjoying some of the best games they had to offer. Mouse and keyboards were only for adventure games, RPGs, and strategy games. I was playing Doom and Quake with a controller. It was only after like Quake II or something that I started using M+K for shooters.

Plus I never really understood the idea of valuing imprecise digital controls meant for data input and a pointing device designed to navigate menus for playing a game. A controller is way more ergonomic and I value that more than accuracy, unless I'm playing online which is never because fuck people.

#41 Posted by EXTomar (4125 posts) -

It should be noted that Microsoft help usher in the rise and fall of all of that plastic junk for PCs. There is probably a landfill in the desert full of Sidewider Ultra Pro Whatevers out there. :)

Controllers are necessary in so much some HMI work out better than another. People who play Battlefield at "hardcore levels" can tell you how much better the PC experience is because the multiple controls they can configure where the accuracy comes with the interface.

#42 Edited by jakob187 (21503 posts) -

Personally, I want to play Destiny. However, I'm not going to go buy another dedicated box like a Microsoft or Sony console in order to play it. The only upgrading I plan on doing is upgrading my video card, RAM, processor, etc. Moreover, OP should also consider just how hard PC gamers got shit on for the last five or six years when it came to getting games. They would be ported over, and they were half-assed and horrible. The original Borderlands immediately comes to mind, as Pitchford went on and on during press events that the PC version was awesome and they were building the game with PC in mind...and then it was one of the worst UIs followed by some of the worst options for a PC gamer ever. The game even looked dull and flat, very little color.

In turn, PC gamers are feeling a little fucking scorned, man. Finally, in the last year or so, PC gaming has been able to come back to the forefront because people aren't treating us like the red-headed stepchild of the video game industry.

With all that said, if Destiny isn't on PC, I just don't know if I'll bother playing it.

#43 Edited by jsnyder82 (685 posts) -

@mikkaq said:

One thing I never got about the PC-gaming-master-race-blah-blah (ugh how I hate Yahtzee for coining that) types, is their giant whopping case of pre-2000 amnesia. If you talk to some of them about mouse and keyboards it's like controllers never existed for PC and were never meant to be near them. Yet I remember back in the day controllers, wheels, and joysticks were basically essential to enjoying some of the best games they had to offer. Mouse and keyboards were only for adventure games, RPGs, and strategy games. I was playing Doom and Quake with a controller. It was only after like Quake II or something that I started using M+K for shooters.

Plus I never really understood the idea of valuing imprecise digital controls meant for data input and a pointing device designed to navigate menus for playing a game. A controller is way more ergonomic and I value that more than accuracy, unless I'm playing online which is never because fuck people.

I love my mouse and keyboard, but man, trying to play DmC or Mark of the Ninja on PC without my 360 controller is a fucking nightmare.

#44 Edited by GrantHeaslip (1357 posts) -

Preferring PCs to consoles is totally fine — it’s when console gamers are implied to be ignorant, less cultured, or (especially) ruining PC games that my eyes start rolling.

PA Report published a story today entitled “Destiny, Bungie, and the PC: Why the ambitious game is likely coming to our favorite platform”. I’ve seen and heard a lot of this kind of thing in the western games media lately — a sort of tacit assumption that the PC is the preferred platform. When a flawed PC port is put out, the story isn’t “this was probably farmed out because the PC market for a console-style shooter isn’t that big,” it’s “[company X] is giving up a huge opportunity to tap into the huge Steam market!” Stories about Valve are nearly always breathlessly fawning, even though the company is going down a few questionable roads that deserve to be critically examined.

Of course, the larger issue behind this is that there’s very little hard data on how well PC games sell. Considering how often top-tier games end up being given away for pennies on the dollar on Steam, I have a hard time believing the market (outside of Blizzard, Valve, League of Legends, Korean MMOs, and other PC heavy-hitters) is as big or robust as it’s made out to be.

#45 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

I think consoles and pc have their share of ass holes. However console people tend to be ass holes to other console people

From what I have seen pc people tend to come down and I after the console people and not each other. That is why you notice it more because they go out of their way to be dicks to console people.

#46 Posted by DarthOrange (3498 posts) -

Man those asshole PC gamers are the worst, bitching about the minute details but never about the actual gameplay.

#47 Edited by Zlimness (504 posts) -
@mikkaq said:

I agree. I rarely use mouse and keyboard at all when I play games on the PC. Mainly because most games these days are built with gamepad in mind and it makes more sense, but it's so easy to play with a gamepad nowadays. I mean to be fair, using a gamepad for the PC 10-15 years ago was kind of a hassle. You had to setup every button and still had to tweak some settings after you started playing. Before plug-and-play was a thing, it was even a bigger hassle. The gamepads available were rarely comfortable or nice to hold. Compare that to using a 360 controller in a PC port today. Just plug it in and everything just works, including the 360 controller interface in the game.

#48 Posted by Pezen (1469 posts) -

Who cares what a bunch of neckbeards and manbabies say? PC gaming has it's perks, just like consoles.

Besides, we all know all the cool kids play consoles.

#49 Posted by tourgen (4236 posts) -

People are excited for the game and want to play it on their preferred hardware. For many people these days that's a PC. It just doesn't come out of their mouth that nice.

My only real concern about the console target is that if they are serious about current gen targets it will drastically limit the environment sizes. Yeah, sure, they'll be different games for next gen. Whatever. I don't believe that. I don't believe that the environments they design for current gen release won't have a significant impact on EVERYTHING down the line.

I wish they would just target 2013 consoles and PCs. I'm ready to box up current gen consoles and forget about them. It's time! Can you feel it!

#50 Edited by Humanity (7958 posts) -

@scrawnto: Must be REALLY snarky gamers to post a screen that quite obviously belittles their gaming platform of choice. Also you must be really out of touch if you think there was ever as much "snark" directed from console gamers towards pc gamers as the other way around. If visiting some terrible corners of the gaming world like GameTrailers comments sections or, God forbid YouTube, you'd find your classic console wars between the PS3 and 360 users with occasional PC gamers chiming in how both sides are gay and a good "rig" beats them both out.

Hardly matters anymore though. With new console hardware we'll finally get better looking games on consoles that even out the playing field a bit more which will be nice for both sides. Ideally everyone should be happy and I'd love to play 60 frames per second on my console as much as the PC gamer wants to get proper graphic options and good M+WASD support.