#51 Edited by Thandurin (19 posts) -

Personally I plan on waiting until they show something more than a concept art slideshow before I work myself into a frothing rage over Destiny's console exclusivity.

#53 Posted by BeachThunder (13141 posts) -

PCs are for spreadsheets

#54 Posted by Jams (3043 posts) -

PCs are for spreadsheets

PCs are for spreadlegs

#55 Edited by Fattony12000 (7943 posts) -

It's the games that matter, not what you play them on or how you play them, so long as they're good/bad/whatever you want out of the experience.

#56 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4201 posts) -

@beachthunder said:

PCs are for spreadsheets

Yezzir. My CPM's feel itchy.

#57 Edited by Grimluck343 (1176 posts) -

Let's all generalise and bitch about people for generalising and bitching, yeah!

It's the only way to feel superior, really.

#58 Posted by Subjugation (4785 posts) -

For me it stems from the fact that video games are developed on PCs, were initially developed for PCs, yet in many cases lately they get a poorly done port of the game if they get the game at all. Some great games aren't ever given a PC release, the first one to mind being Red Dead Redemption. It just feels like game development has turned its back on its roots and forgotten where it started and who made that all possible.

#59 Posted by Funkydupe (3458 posts) -
#60 Edited by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1958 posts) -

For me it stems from the fact that video games are developed on PCs, were initially developed for PCs, yet in many cases lately they get a poorly done port of the game if they get the game at all. Some great games aren't ever given a PC release, the first one to mind being Red Dead Redemption. It just feels like game development has turned its back on its roots and forgotten where it started and who made that all possible.

While games are developed on Macs and PCs most of the time, there's still a lot of coding that happens on a dev kit. From what I can imagine anyways, anyway it's not a simple thing to port a game over from the console to the PC. It doesn't excuse the lackadaisical attitude that some developers have towards the PC. I think that Red Dead hasn't gotten a PC version because the game was in a pretty bad development hell for awhile, and the potential sales of a port don't necessarily justify the cost of a port.

#61 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1774 posts) -

@subjugation said:

Developing games on a workstation (many of which, to my knowledge, are just interfacing with a dev kit, not rendering the game) is a very different thing than releasing a polished, broadly-compatible, fully-supported product.

Game publishers run a business, and as such, don’t care about respecting their roots. You’re basically making the “Square betrayed Nintendo for releasing FFVII on the PS1” argument. You’re also ignoring that early PC games were mostly a North American and British thing.

#62 Edited by Kidable (130 posts) -

It is pretty true though that it seems that the Keyboard/Mouse is being phased away more and more as PC games come distributed with native 360 controller support AND the introduction of Steam's Big Picture mode and Steam Box. Maybe it won't disappear entirely, but for now there seems to be a calm equilibrium between the two.

#63 Edited by owl_of_minerva (1485 posts) -

It would be nice if we weren't continually subjected to threads like this (ie. lame pseudo-sociological observations). But since somehow it's led to decent discussion, my view is that the rage is largely justified. Publishers and concomitantly devs want to see players on console for a number of reasons, and will make up any number of rationalisations as to why PC gaming should no longer exist. For those that are committed to playing games on the PC it's irritating white noise.

#64 Posted by Scrawnto (2496 posts) -

@humanity said:

@scrawnto: Must be REALLY snarky gamers to post a screen that quite obviously belittles their gaming platform of choice.

I don't understand how you could have that so backwards. By calling the PC gamers the "Master Race" one is comparing them to white supremacists and particularly the Nazi's who considered Aryans to be the master race. That's where that phrase comes from. It's obviously mocking the high and mighty attitude of those PC gamers.

#65 Edited by Slaegar (792 posts) -

@darthorange said:

Man those asshole PC gamers are the worst, bitching about the minute details but never about the actual gameplay.

Actual gameplay like trying to control a game with a such a horrid thing like a joystick?

If the awkward and massive deadzones or the inaccurate acceleration they use for thumbstick aiming wasn't bad enough, you have to deal with auto aim that pulls your reticule away before you can fire the last shot.

First person shooting isn't fun on an analog stick for me. Saying this game won't be on PC means it won't be fun for me.

Being on a console in 2013/2014 also means it will likely run at around 20 fps, making it super hard to focus on. If I can't see clearly, I'm not having fun. I was playing new vegas yesterday and for a couple seconds my framerate dipped to 50 and I could easily notice.

Destiny sounds cool, but if all I do is sit there on my couch wondering what could have been while I'm playing it, I'd rather pass. I'll go play Crysis, which is now five years old and still looks and runs better than console games in 2013.

#66 Edited by Humanity (11580 posts) -

@scrawnto: I think you're reading into it a little too much..

#67 Posted by Jimbo (10209 posts) -

The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.

#68 Edited by gogosox82 (441 posts) -

Its really not hard to understand why pc gamers are upset. They're upset because this is another developer who started on the pc and now is basically abandoning the platform. You just don't get a lot of games that are made with the pc in mind like they are for the consoles so when a game that seems like its made to be played on the pc is announced and then the devs say there are no plans as if yet to release it to consoles, even if it is pr speak since they can't talk about next gen consoles, its kind of irritating.

Personally, i think people should calm down a little bit since we've only seen concept art and no gameplay, but its understandable that people will be upset. People wanna play on their preferred system and when they don't get that option for a game they are interested in, people will get upset about it.

#69 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1530 posts) -

I'm not denying anything in your observation of shitty elitism within the PC community, but just to add a little something into the conversation: there is something a bit more special and prideful when it comes to spending your own cash (hundreds to thousands) on computer parts, then building it yourself. It becomes "your" system; built by you, to play anything that, for the most part, consoles could not even hold a candle to. I'm not saying that it's an excuse, but I feel that part of the negative vibe from that corner comes from a special relationship with custom-built PCs.

#70 Edited by Sooty (8195 posts) -

I'm not sure what this says about me but one of my favourite things about PC gaming is I don't have to get up and turn my TV + console on. If I want to game I alt+tab to Steam and pick something, play it. Simple.

Although my main reasonings are quite simple:

- PC games are cheaper

- They look better

- Multiplayer is better

- They load quicker

- Again I don't have to get up and turn another machine on, my PC is where I do work, it's where I do a lot of learning and it's where I browse the net. It's just there and ready to play a game whenever I want. A good PC is a better experience not just for gaming, but for general use and productivity, so the higher cost of a gaming PC isn't at all a turn off in my little world.

I'll probably always have the setup of one console, one PC and one handheld, that'll change to two handhelds (buying another 3DS, an XL soon) but I'm doubtful I'll invest in two next gen consoles, I'm going to guess the PS4 will have more exclusives than the next Xbox so that'll be a good companion. (and besides, I don't like what Microsoft has done with the Xbox brand this generation)

It doesn't bother me what people play on, it only annoys me when people get misinformed and slate something with no idea what they are talking about. A lot of the time PC gamers are trying to show off about better graphics, whatever, what does annoy me though is when console gamers try to justify their owning consoles by acting like PC gaming requires a $1500 PC which is absolutely insane to me. It simply isn't the case.

#71 Posted by SpudBug (707 posts) -

I'm just upset that they're not making a PC version because that's where I would like to play it.

#72 Posted by RollingZeppelin (2283 posts) -

@humanity said:

No, that's pretty much exactly what that joke is based on.

#73 Posted by jdh5153 (1097 posts) -

A controller is a million times superior to mouse in keyboard in everything but an RTS in my opinion (and a touch screen out does a mouse in keyboard in those even). Long live the controller!

#74 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (928 posts) -

It's pretty obvious to me... why would I want to play the inferior version?

#75 Posted by Stonyman65 (3028 posts) -

As I've said before many times on this forum - it really just depends on the game. There are tons of games that I play on console because I don't want to play them on PC, and a ton of PC games that I would never want to play on consoles. It's really that simple.

The problem we're having now (and have been having for the past few years at this point) is that the PC versions of the console games are running better and playing better on the PC than on the consoles they were designed for. Add a 360 controller to the mix and you have a complete console game on the PC that (gameplay wise) is identical to the console version but running at sometimes twice the resolution with twice the frame rate with better textures to boot. And now with Steam doing all of their deals and being able to directly download a game onto your system just by clicking a button.... The current consoles can't even come close to that. Until the new consoles come out in the next year or two and level the playing field a bit, the PC is the clear winner here. Not because it's a PC specifically, but because the current hardware PC's use now are like 6 or 7 generations ahead of what the PS3 and 360 are running. That 8-year-old hardware just isn't cutting it anymore.

That's not being elitist, it's being realistic. Hopefully the new consoles will balance things out a bit.

#76 Edited by Cloudenvy (5874 posts) -

@stonyman65 said:

As I've said before many times on this forum - it really just depends on the game. There are tons of games that I play on console because I don't want to play them on PC, and a ton of PC games that I would never want to play on consoles. It's really that simple.

It really is. Secondly, as much as I like my PC and all the pretty HD visuals and particle effects I'll always own consoles due to games that only exist on that platform that are incredible even without all the bells and whistles. I just fired up Persona 3 again yesterday, it looks pretty crappy for the most part but guess what? It's still awesome.

#77 Edited by Sooty (8195 posts) -

@stonyman65 said:

The problem we're having now (and have been having for the past few years at this point) is that the PC versions of the console games are running better and playing better on the PC than on the consoles they were designed for.

I don't understand what you are saying. It's not a problem, it's the way it should be.

PCs are more capable machines, so they get better visuals and framerates, it has been like this time and time again. It's not a "problem".

Max Payne looked pretty bad on console, was amazing at the time on PC. Same with Half-Life 2 and Doom 3. The fidelity differences in those games between console and PC were huge.

Saying it a problem makes it sound like you're a console fanboy who is annoyed his less powerful machine is being outclassed by a more powerful one, which is a ridiculous stance to have and selfish too. (I'm not saying you are one, but that's how it comes across)

I get what you are trying to say but it's something that won't go away. The exact same will happen next generation, PC will be ahead time and time again, it's the nature of the platforms; one evolves, one doesn't. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. With PC you get benefits to framerates, mods/customisation, cheaper games, multiplayer player count (usually), loading times and visuals. With console you get ease of use and peace of mind, you will never have to upgrade it. (although, if you buy smart you generally don't have to upgrade PC parts more than every 3-4 years)

#78 Edited by Sooty (8195 posts) -

@jdh5153 said:

A controller is a million times superior to mouse in keyboard in everything but an RTS in my opinion (and a touch screen out does a mouse in keyboard in those even). Long live the controller!

Yeah good luck playing something like League of Legends or StarCraft II on a touchscreen. You will get absolutely dismembered.

and what the hell? It is an absolute truth that a mouse is more accurate than a controller for an FPS, that's not even being a fanboy, I use my controller for many FPS on PC (not on multiplayer, obviously) but I still acknowledge when a mouse is better. I don't mind giving up the more precise aiming for a single player game but I don't like feeling neutered by my control scheme when playing vs people, the deadzone on the 360 sticks is pretty bad.

I literally can't comprehend where people are coming from with stuff like that, saying you prefer something is fine but saying something is actually better when it obviously isn't is nuts.

#79 Posted by Hippie_Genocide (895 posts) -

@jdh5153 said:

Can't....tell......if serious.

But really in 2013 PC's, even fairly inexpensive ones will have much better graphics at higher resolutions and smoother framerates than most console games. So if you own a PC of course you'd want any multiplatform game to be released on PC. I don't see that as "PC Master Race". I can't think of a good reason for Destiny not to come to PC.

#80 Posted by DaMisterChief (612 posts) -
COME AT ME NOW MOUSE AND KEYBOARD

#81 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5904 posts) -

@luciddreams117: People really want to play their game. Especially people who remember a Bungie that was all about PC, until they were bought up by MS.

And at this point, I spend all my gaming time on the PC. I'm getting rid of my consoles, because honestly? It's fucking hard to go back. Not because of the visuals, although the resolution issue is pretty jarring. It's because of performance, and more importantly, how that performance affects the way the game controls. And there's the last thing. There are about three games I would rather play on a gamepad than mouse. By a huge margin.

So yeah, it's a bummer that they aren't coming to PC, and I think people are in their right mind to complain. It's one thing when an exclusive doesn't make it to PC, but when multiplatform games don't, it's kind of just them saying "we don't want to put the work into a PC game because we don't think it'd be worthwhile."

Also, I think Bungie really does think consoles are where "it's at" for first person shooters, specifically multiplayer ones. Because of the user base and community.

@humanity: This thread is an example of "snark" put towards PC gamers. Some guy on the internet sees a bunch of whiners and thinks that it's just the PC guys that whine. Every corner of the internet has these people, and it's totally ridiculous to say that a bunch of really passionate gamers who really want to be able to play a top tier, multiplatform game being dicks means that the PC "Master Race" (something I never hear PC users say except jokingly, yet see console users throwing around in total seriousness on a regular basis.)

More games should come to PC, and there's no good reason for Bungie not to bring Destiny to the PC. Especially as it's exactly the kind of game that'll be much harder than usual to pirate and play, due to it's connected and online nature.

Also, that particular image? It's a fuckin' JOKE. Consider the source here duder. It's not supposed to be taken seriously, because it's from The Escapist.

I don't know any actual PC gamers that think they are better or that PC is inherently better. They do however know that it is generally a more enjoyable experience, especially now that things like online matchmaking are the same across platforms and there's no such thing as a game you can't play with exactly the input device you want to.

Anyone who talks about the "PC Master Race" is either being a smart ass about dumb kids jealous of the awesome thing that is a $2500 gaming PC, or it's a dumb kid that's jealous of the awesome thing that is a $2500 gaming PC. We aren't the KKK of the gaming industry. The few who truly act like that are just dumb trolls.

Long story short, don't take people on the internet seriously, and remember most of them are either trolls, or just bummed gamers who don't get to enjoy a kick ass game.

I'd also like to point out the recent deal with Rayman Origins. A wonderful thing for 90% of gamers occurred: the new Rayman game went multiplatform. All you heard were people bitching and whining that they had to wait for it. Even though it's a good thing.

We should always support games coming to as many platforms as possible (within reason).

#82 Posted by Humanity (11580 posts) -

@humanity said:

No, that's pretty much exactly what that joke is based on.

The joke, in the context of the original video, is making light of console gaming. It's a joke of course so I didn't froth at the mouth when I viewed it. I realize the joke is partially based on the Aryan race propaganda perpetrated by Hitler in WWII as a rallying point for Germany - I too graduated from middle school. What the original poster was implying, which I was arguing against, is that the picture is actually mocking PC users based on the fact that it is inspired by the Aryan race elements as opposed to just making light fun of the fact that PC gamers are more advanced than console users. Either way it's a tired old meme I wish people would stop pasting into every thread. If you feel otherwise then you're entitled to your opinion of course, but this isn't really that important to divert so much time into discussion an image macro - so I'll just agree to disagree and move on.

#83 Edited by Vinny_Says (5911 posts) -

I question people who deny themselves a gaming experience because it's not on their platform of choice. A game is a game and it'll be fun or shitty regardless. Will having a higher resolution really make that quest more fun or shooting that alien more enjoyable?

I can sympathize with those who would want to play Destiny on PC, I wouldn't play it on consoles unless there was a next gen version.

case in point....if Destiny happens to be an amazing experience that blows people's minds and changes the whole gaming landscape you won't play it just because it's not on PS4 & Xbox Infinity? (This is just an example btw, I'm pretty sure Destiny will be on next gen systems).

#84 Posted by Humanity (11580 posts) -

I question people who deny themselves a gaming experience because it's not on their platform of choice. A game is a game and it'll be fun or shitty regardless. Will having a higher resolution really make that quest more fun or shooting that alien more enjoyable?

@colourful_hippie said:

I can sympathize with those who would want to play Destiny on PC, I wouldn't play it on consoles unless there was a next gen version.

case in point....if Destiny happens to be an amazing experience that blows people's minds and changes the whole gaming landscape you won't play it just because it's not on PS4 & Xbox Infinity? (This is just an example btw, I'm pretty sure Destiny will be on next gen systems).

Especially if you already own the console. I liked Borderlands 2 a lot. It had some God awful texture pop-in when played on the 360. Sometimes it actually distracted me from the game cause I kept seeing it and concentrating on it. That said - still had a blast with the game. I had a pretty powerful PC that could run it no problem - but oh well cause I rather play it on 360 where my friends are at. It's not that huge a deal.

#85 Posted by Binman88 (3707 posts) -

Used to care about stuff like this, but now it just seems dumb as shit. Still - I'm surprised everyone's forgotten how people who happened to choose the PC as their primary platform were vilified for years in the 360/PS3 hey-days here on GB and elsewhere. Couldn't even talk about PC gaming without being told your platform of choice was dead and that you were pretty much the biggest idiot to not want to play everything on a console. But now some big meanies are talking about how much they enjoy playing on their PC lately. OH THE FUCKING HUMANITY. QUICK CALL XBOX AND HAVE DON MATTRICK COME TO MY HOUSE AND HUG AWAY THE PAIN.

#86 Posted by OfficeGamer (1120 posts) -

@fattony12000 said:

It's the games that matter, not what you play them on or how you play them, so long as they're good/bad/whatever you want out of the experience.

Well having moved from the Xbox to PC a while back, I gotta disagree. You're basically saying it doesn't matter what monitor you watch a movie on and in what quality as long as the movie itself is good. My friends come over to watch blu rays on a flat screen TV and they go home and watch avi movies on their computer monitors and believe me, it's a different experience. I don't know what I've been doing on an Xbox for so long, I wasted precious time I could've spent on Steam shooting with a mouse and loading instantly!

Let's all generalise and bitch about people for generalising and bitching, yeah!

yeah!

#87 Posted by Devildoll (948 posts) -

First off, I'm not here to deny PC gamers their place as best platform. I know all about the goodness that comes with playing games on PC.

Slowly, over the past year or so I've been noticing the "Master Race" getting higher and higher on that pedestal but yesterday I realised how out of hand this is getting. With all the news of Destiny being officially shown off (though let's not kid ourselves, there wasn't much) and platforms being announced, check out many of the articles across the internets and there'll be a flood of: No PC!?!? Or: PC version or no sale Bungie! Or: I don't want to play with crappy console controls Or "I have a 360 but I don't want the crappy console graphics and loading screens"

Over the years, the consoles have grown older and older, and the image quality they output is getting less acceptable.

Bungie made games on PC before being exclusive to Microsoft.

Now that they are with Activision, people expect Bungie to make games on all relevant platforms.

Destiny looks cool, the presistent character and world, co-op etc. That sounds awesome!!!

I don't want to miss out on that, neither do I want to play a shooter with a gamepad, or at a resolution of 1280x720 @ 30 fps in the year ~2014

of course i'm going to get pissed if there isnt a PC version.

And of course people took the quote from a Bungie dev "Nobody plays shooters the way they used to." and misconstrued it to no end. PC players were angry and thought Bungie was saying how mouse and keyboard is not how to play an FPS. That a controller was superior! It's true what a lot of people say. Sony or Microsoft, or Nintendo fanboys can be bad, but there's nothing like a PC fanboy and the way they will make sure you know the meaning of "PC Master Race!"

Honestly, I almost went ballistic when i read that, i got so mad, i was actually yelling at people on IRC and was generally pissed off that entire day.

then i read this however, and it seems that i luckily misinterpreted what Jason Jones initially said.

It's all very snob like. I don't mind people wanting a game on another platform. I don't mind when people debate how their preferred platform is better or I don't even mind the console wars but lately PC gamers are getting out of hand with talking trash about consoles as if many of us don't know the goodness of PC gaming.

Do many console gamers really know the "goodness" of PC gaming though?
I've got the feeling that alot of people dont know what they are missing out on.

I'm pretty sure 360 and PS3 owners would start shitting on the wii if all games had to have visual and game-play parity across the three platforms.

For those of us who console game, we know the simplicity and assurance we get when popping in that disc.

I can understand this, Personally, i could never sacrifice game quality for that level of convenience, but everyone has their own thresholds.

Personally though, i am okay with downloading a graphics card driver now and then, and getting dirty with config files
in order to have a 10% frame rate increase in battlefield 3 compared to the prior month.

It's funny. Whenever the console wars spark up, PC gamers are there belittling them calling them "peasants" but meanwhile they're flying their "console" flag just as high if not higher. After reading the comments from yesterday, I found myself actually gobsmacked and saying out loud, what the fuck happened! When did this all escalate to this level of assholeness? Maybe I'm blind and haven't noticed it's been like this forever but It's getting a little too crazy.

PS. Sorry about the length. Didn't know it'd get this long.

well, i try not to get into those scuffles unless i have valid arguments, even i cant say that PC's are superior in every way,question is too subjective, and depends entirely on what the consumer is looking for.

#88 Posted by deathstriker666 (1349 posts) -

Why would any PC gamer give a fuck about a Bungie game? Even if it does come to PC it'll be another console port anyway.

I don't really see how they're acting entitled, obviously developers build their games on the PC. Even if there isn't a retail version in stores there will still be plenty of dev builds in the Bungie offices. It's utterly nonsensical for a multi-platform game to exclude an entire platform that's perfectly capable of running it.

This sense of "entitlement" isn't even exclusive to PC gaming either. If you look at the comments section on any video about DayZ you'll see plently of people asking whether or not it'll be consoles. Not to mention all the requests that it be on consoles in the DayZ forums.

#89 Posted by Beaker (97 posts) -

It's probably best not to let it get to you.

#90 Posted by zenmastah (1058 posts) -

Ive read some really good comments by some here that i personally identify myself with, like tweaking .ini and config files to alter the game somehow, i really like that stuff and can completely understand why someone would like to avoid that stuff and settle with console gaming and its easines but myself personally ive found that i really like all the tweaking and because of that could never again go back to consoles.

And ive own many many consoles before this generation mind you.

That i think is one big difference in console gamers and PC gamers, you cant do anything to the game on consoles once youve bought it, but with PCs you can interact with it more with mods and tweaks and such. Some people dont care about those things and some do. I can remember back when i was younger messing with a computer on DOS just for the heck of it, for some reason it interested me and computers have been an interest of mine ever since to a degree.

With the technical side of games, i mean they are software running on hardware and some people dont care how it runs and i get that, but calling someone an elitist master racer just because you have different ways of looking at games is, and always will be, childish. Same goes to someone calling a console owner a peasent or whatever. Its quick, its ignorant and its just plain dumb.

Its hard to see things on other peoples perspective when that thing is close to your heart but its really something we all should try to practise more i think.

But in these days of aggressive marketing its harder and harder i guess.

#91 Edited by Quarters (2104 posts) -

Mainly, all the "PC gaming is the best" stuff just bums me out. Look, I get it; you guys have the better platform. I'm fully aware of all that cool stuff that comes from it, and how it's better. However, I just don't have the money to take advantage of it. Also, trying to get everything up and running is stressful on top of expensive, and after a long day of work, as well as the various other stuff I deal with throughout the week, I want something where I can just pop in a game and play without having to worry about everything breaking. Due to this, every time certain segments talk about how junk the consoles are, it's basically just crapping all over the only experience I have available, only to make themselves feel better. It's part of the reason why it's really hard to listen to Brad nowadays. He's the ultimate killjoy in this area. I just want people to be able to game how they want, without people constantly criticizing them for not being in the same camp as them. This applies to console and PC players. Gaming is moving so far away from fun in the fan community that it's just absurd. It's only about criticism and superiority now.

As for Destiny itself...eh, even with the consoles I have, it sounds like it's going to end up being lame. I have a bad feeling about it, that it won't be half the revolution they make it sound like.

#92 Posted by Oldirtybearon (5204 posts) -
#93 Edited by WasabiCurry (430 posts) -

If you get offended by a vocal minority, then something is wrong with you.

That goes for both PC, Consoles, IOS, Android, etc.

Honestly, I would not care what platform you play on. As long as you know that the PC is the MASEH RACE! :p (Additionally, I would love to point out the sarcasm before I hurt your precious feelings.)

#95 Edited by Aterons (207 posts) -

I have always been on the "PC master race" side mainly because i know how to build and maintain a PC more cost effectively than a console and even if I couldn't I would still not give a crap about consoles because you can't play strategy games on them.

That said i think it's retarded to complain about a product not coming to PC, if it ain't coming on the platform you like and with the controller you like than fell free not to buy it, if not enough people buy it than it will fail, since it's an mmo ( very expensive and "all in" kinda thing ) not only will it fail but the devs are likely to be without a job. So that's that, you were responsible, you didn't buy it, it failed, things went bad for the devs and other companies will not make their mistake once gain => you get the games you want.

If it makes bank ( which it likely will ) than guess what ? The devs don't need your money and you don't have a right to complain about a product you didn't buy.

If Bungie was an indie company which got big via word of mouth and quality fans that helped them than id understand a felling of "entitlement" to get the game on better platforms with more control option. But guess what ? They are not, bungie makes good games for a profit, that's that... they never tried to "appeal" to the PC gaming crowd, they never went out of their way to be the "good guy" or the "bad guy" when it comes to DRM, porting and being honest.

They make games for what their publisher wants them to make games because their publisher pays them to do so and believes that will make back the investment. The only way to disprove that is to not buy the game, complaining on the internet is pointless in this case even if we assumed the devs care about your opinion.

#96 Edited by Zelyre (1372 posts) -

As someone said earlier, their game of Fallout fell to 50fps. He could feel it. I've been playing with ENB settings in Skyrim. At one point, I thought the game was playing at 20fps. It was running at 40fps. Once you get used to silk smooth gameplay, dipping below 60 becomes very obvious.

Once you're used to something natively rendered at 1920x1200 @ 60+fps, 1280x720 and lower upscaled to 1080p @ 20-30fps is incredibly jarring. Once you've got a box running XBMC for your home media needs, navigating the crossbar UI and waiting for streaming apps to load is not fun.

And as much shit talking PC gamers do on consoles, XBox and Playstation folks do it as well. They simply turn their eye towards each other's consoles and the Wii. Console folks rage just as hard as PC gamers do. (Bayoneta 2, anyone? The 360 version of FF13 dragging down the PS3 version? PS3 gamers feeling shit on for Skyrim despite the PS3 having the lowest amount of system ram?)

Most folks invest into one ecosystem. Be it financial matters or personal choice or a mix of both. iOS. Android. Sony. MS. PC. Mac. They want their choice to be "right". They want their choice to be the "best". And they'll make that defend their choice with as much bias as one can possibly muster.

#97 Posted by Jams (3043 posts) -

@luciddreams117 said:
For those of us who console game, we know the simplicity and assurance we get when popping in that disc.

I can understand this, Personally, i could never sacrifice game quality for that level of convenience, but everyone has their own thresholds.

Personally though, i am okay with downloading a graphics card driver now and then, and getting dirty with config files

in order to have a 10% frame rate increase in battlefield 3 compared to the prior month.

I always love when console gamers or Apple fanboys say this. Then they get RRoD or their macbook air freezes or their favorite app keeps crashing and locking up their computer/system. Then they'll still act like their system, "just works".

I think someone was trying really hard to add a bullet point on a should I or shouldn't I buy X list. Nothing ever just works. At least not for long. I could strain the truth and say my PC just works too. Because there's nothing I haven't been able to fix on it yet and it's always worked when I needed it to.

#98 Posted by Funkydupe (3458 posts) -

Oh PS4 please be good.

#99 Edited by ArtisanBreads (4649 posts) -

Yeah you will find annoying PC people, just like you will with any platform. The length of this gen has made it worse.

The pedestal has gotten higher. And I do think PC is a pretty awesome platform right now but I get why it's not for everyone, totally.

#100 Posted by Funkydupe (3458 posts) -

Tell that to the people who have decided they hate the Origin service, boycotting games because of it. It just goes to show that when it comes to hate, the generosity knows no boundaries.