PC Monitor

Dark_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Dark_Shadow

So... here I am, trying to connect my PS3 to my monitor, though, I don't have a HDMI connection... So, I have a problem here. What should I do? Buy a HMDI/VGA Cable? (Does it even work? Connecting PS3 with a cable like this? - I won't go for DVI because I'd have some issues... I'd have to turn off my computer/monitor cable, because my cable is a DVI one.) Or should I just buy a new monitor? (I have a problem with speakers too - Can't put my speakers working with PS3/Xbox... And I have some speakers here that I can make it work  because It's kinda "Plug and play", they start working as soon as I plug in the sound cable (Yeah I know, every speaker starts working as soon as you plug it in, what I mean is, I don't have to configure anything)  but  then, I won't be able to mix the volume. And it so loooouud... I can always turn the game sound a bit lower  - but that sucks - or I can always play without sound (but that is even worse).

If you recommend me a Monitor could you please give me a link with it? - (Don't forget, HDMI connection and speakers.)

Thank you.

jimbojones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jimbojones

You can connect your ps3 to your monitor. You have to buy a specific sony cable for this probably. It outlets to the hdmi on the monitor and probably splits off the audio (like the 360 one) that you would connect to an audio setup. These audio setups require a sound box and then you plug the speakers into the sound box. Do some research. Google is your friend. So am I :-*

jimbojones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jimbojones

If you're looking for a monitor go to a ncix.com and look up a samsung in your price range. They produce the best monitors

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By granderojo

I'm planning on buying a small HDTV, like a 20 inch and use it as a PC monitor, I am always sitting in my computer chair so I might as well hook my consoles and computer up to the same source and just use that.

Definitely going to be 1080p, it is hard to find good small HD tv's though, that are not ripoffs.

EDIT: can someone find HD monitors with tv inputs that are not overtly expensive.

jimbojones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jimbojones
thabigred said:
"I'm planning on buying a small HDTV, like a 20 inch and use it as a PC monitor, I am always sitting in my computer chair so I might as well hook my consoles and computer up to the same source and just use that.

Definitely going to be 1080p, it is hard to find good small HD tv's though, that are not ripoffs.

EDIT: can someone find HD monitors with tv inputs that are not overtly expensive."
That would be a bad idea. You won't be able to tell the difference of 1080p unless the size of it is 46" inches or higher

If you're getting 20" tv just get an lcd monitor
Dark_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dark_Shadow

Thanks Jimbo

jimbojones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jimbojones
Dark_Shadow said:
"Thanks Jimbo"
Glad I could help
granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By granderojo
jimbojones said:
"thabigred said:
"I'm planning on buying a small HDTV, like a 20 inch and use it as a PC monitor, I am always sitting in my computer chair so I might as well hook my consoles and computer up to the same source and just use that.

EDIT: can someone find HD monitors with tv inputs that are not overtly expensive."
That would be a bad idea. You won't be able to tell the difference of 1080p unless the size of it is 46" inches or higher

If you're getting 20" tv just get an lcd monitor"
I'm calling bullshit on this buddy, my friends got a 32 inch 1080P tv and I can totally tell a drastic difference.

I sit close to my TV anyways, it's called a small room, us poor fowks got small rooms.
jimbojones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jimbojones

If you're poor you shouldn't be wasting your money on 1080p. You won't tell the difference with a small monitor

Most games don't use 1080p. They use 720p or less (mgs4,halo3,gta4) and movies cost 20 bucks each. I don't think you'll be buying them

Take the advice or leave it at that. I don't care what you do with your money

Maru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Maru
Dark_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dark_Shadow
granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By granderojo
granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By granderojo
jimbojones said:
"If you're poor you shouldn't be wasting your money on 1080p. You won't tell the difference with a small monitor

Most games don't use 1080p. They use 720p or less (mgs4,halo3,gta4) and movies cost 20 bucks each. I don't think you'll be buying them

Take the advice or leave it at that. I don't care what you do with your money"
I'm not entirely poor, I am a college student, so spending a thousand on a TV is out of the question.
jimbojones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jimbojones

My point is you should spend you money wisely. If you go with a 720p monitor you'll get a better bang for your buck. Higher quality image...

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By granderojo
jimbojones said:
"My point is you should spend you money wisely. If you go with a 720p monitor you'll get a better bang for your buck. Higher quality image..."
yeah, I might just do that, at least 720p.

It all depends on budget, I want it to be able to play my 360/ps3 on it and pc compatible.
Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Giantsquirrel

I'm running a new Samsung 26 inch T260HD.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Touch-T260HD-26-Inch-Monitor/dp/B001AYCNIW/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1231652659&sr=8-1

Pricy, but if you're looking for a monitor with TV inputs, plus component, HDMI, DVI, VGA, optical, and regular audio, the HD series is great. Samsung also makes smaller models. Here's a 20 inch.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-T200HD-20-inch-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B0019HDAP0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1231652758&sr=1-1

The set also looks wonderful sitting on a desk, the aesthetic is definitely awesome. My only problems with mine are the viewing angle and the boot time. If you're a PC enthusiast the monitor takes a few seconds to display a signal, which may cause you to miss the BIOS boot sequence.

I would definitely recommend these sets.