#1 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

What's the opinion on this game, been interested in it for awhile and I thought about grabbing it for 7.50 euro

I remember hearing about how the biggest problems with this game were technical but that the PC version was superior

So, worth it?

#2 Posted by Shineichimaesendo (20 posts) -

Yeah i had alot of fun playing it

there is also a shit ton of content and a great combat system

#3 Edited by Durakh (35 posts) -

The Last Remnant ist a fantastic game, i cant recommend it enough. You need some patience though as the game is very long. I played it for 100 hours (on the xbox360)... it was awesome.

Just bought the Steam Version to play through it again

#4 Posted by Mikemcn (6996 posts) -

Try the demo, the PC controls are horrible.

#5 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5276 posts) -

@Mikemcn said:

Try the demo, the PC controls are horrible.

If you have a 360 controller, it's fine, but yes the PC controls are no fun.

#6 Posted by DocHaus (1348 posts) -

@Venatio: PC version is infinitely superior to the 360 version. Grab it if it's on sale.

#7 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

Yep, definitely get it if you're into JRPGs and are willing to give something different a chance. The PC version is great, the game is really fun but sadly under-rated. Just play it with a gamepad, and be sure to consult a wiki while playing. The combat system has some hidden "features" that the game doesn't tell you about, and knowing about them will come in handy later on.

#8 Posted by BisonHero (6665 posts) -

Is there something the game is roughly comparable to, either in gameplay, character customization, or interesting storytelling conventions?

#9 Posted by mosdl (3229 posts) -

@BisonHero said:

Is there something the game is roughly comparable to, either in gameplay, character customization, or interesting storytelling conventions?

There is a demo on Steam, not sure what it contains though.

#10 Posted by VoshiNova (1697 posts) -

Anyone know if it has Games for Windows Live achievements? I think that would be the cherry on top ^_^

#11 Posted by excido (200 posts) -

I bought it a long time ago when it first came out on pc so i don't remember if there are cheevo's, but i just wanted to chime in and say that the game is great and it worked well for me using a dualshock style logitech controller.

#12 Posted by Beforet (2927 posts) -

Apparently it's the version to have. I kinda wish Square put more of their games of PC.

#13 Posted by DeF (4921 posts) -

Bump'd because the game is currently on sale at GamersGate.co.uk/.com (5 GBP /7,50 EUR/ can't see the $ price) and you get a steam key!