#2 Posted by zegolf (224 posts) -

I believe, but don't quote me on this, that there are rumors swirling around of Steam possibly coming up with some sort of trade-in service that will allow you to trade in Steam-purchased games for Steam credit.

#3 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Do whatever you feel is necessary.

#4 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@zegolf said:
" I believe, but don't quote me on this, that there are rumors swirling around of Steam possibly coming up with some sort of trade-in service that will allow you to trade in Steam-purchased games for Steam credit. "
i read about that, im pretty sure its just rumors, but i suppose we can hope
#5 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -

You can find boxed PC games for cheaper than console, don't buy new or undiscounted stuff on Steam. Trade-ins and other such wankery are scams.

Also, it will be better on PC.

#6 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
@zegolf said:
" I believe, but don't quote me on this, that there are rumors swirling around of Steam possibly coming up with some sort of trade-in service that will allow you to trade in Steam-purchased games for Steam credit. "
It could be kind of broken though since you could buy something on sale or from a cheap retailer and trade it back in for more money. But it sure would be nice.
#7 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -
@zegolf said:
cool, if true. i never heard of this but still. 

yeah, PC gaming isn't what it was like. we use to get great ports but now not so much.
#8 Posted by Max_Antrax (107 posts) -

no no no  trade in Steam games thats just bullshit they are doing a online wallet but they are never gonna let you trade in games

#9 Posted by zegolf (224 posts) -
@Jack268: Those guys are pretty smart.  I'm sure they'd database how much you paid for a game and only give you so much back.  Plus, I believe, the rumor was that it was steam-only games.
#10 Posted by MikkaQ (10288 posts) -

Eh, I never trade any games anyway. What's the point? You're just shrinking your collection, and more money will always be made. 

#11 Posted by ComradeKritstov (693 posts) -

I've always regretted trading in games.

#12 Posted by jackbag (209 posts) -
The Steam trade-in thing was just Pachter talking out of his ass. There's no way it would ever happen, because it doesn't make any sense. Valve would basically be giving people money for nothing. 

Anyway, I'll take Steam's sales over shitty trade-in "deals" any day. 
#13 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@jackbag said:
" The Steam trade-in thing was just Pachter talking out of his ass. There's no way it would ever happen, because it doesn't make any sense. Valve would basically be giving people money for nothing.  Anyway, I'll take Steam's sales over shitty trade-in "deals" any day.  "
This. That guy needs a thorough ass kicking for suggesting this idea, as it makes 0 sense.

However I would like to remind OP that there are other benefits to the PC. Aside from the graphical upgrades, you have mod support, the mouse and keyboard option, a certain amount of "freedom" from the whims of hardware developers (For example, I refused to update my Ps3 past 3.15 when Sony pulled Otheros support. Not a PC issue), free online play, and probably some other things that I haven't thought of.

I'm not saying that you should go either way, but these things are worth considering.
#14 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@ComradeKritstov said:
" I've always regretted trading in games. "
also this.