People in online games are crazy

Tangeu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Tangeu

So here's my story: I can't play games online, the people are just too insane for me.  First I though "Gee, I like RPGs maybe I should try an MMORPG."  So I did, and it was pretty cool at first, I found some neat people to group with and all was well.  I come back after maybe a day and a half break and I notice Dude is online so I send a message asking to try that quest we were having trouble with the other day.  Ignored.  Well I later find out I was not ignored, he was not only 15-20 levels ahead of me now but also running a macro to repeatedly kill a certain creature a certain way to maximize his percent drop of a specific item he was looking for.  I am just here to have fun.  This happened (or a similar faximilie thereof) over and over.

So then I thought "Gee, I like RTS maybe I should play some of those online."  Mistake, not one match lasted over 5 min. where I had a unit and a building and was attacked with a fully teched up entire battalian of top tier units (exagertation, but the point is made).  That didn't bother me so much but what did is everyone, ever last person (not an exageration) did the same attack, in the same way.

Next I was thinking "Well, maybe I could try FPS."  That also didn't go well.  It seems that no matter which game, or class I choose I am 'supposed' to preform a specific task such as throwing gernades down a hallway for the whole round (I kid you not I was told to do that so that no one could come down it) or else I would just be kicked.

Is it just my bad luck that finds these people?

Is it just the nature of online games that make people completly insane, or insane people just drawn to them?

Is there any place for a sane person who has a full time job and just wants to have fun, not maximize his score or loot or ladder rank, to play games online?

Avatar image for parrapatehrappa
ParrapatehRappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ParrapatehRappa

Play the Wii online.

Not only is it not serious at all, but you don't have to worry about people going crazy over such trivial things. The only down side to it is the whole Friend Code thing, that and the lack of being able to really talk to anyone, unless you have Wiispeak that is.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Bullet_Jr

If you get good at online games, you can hold your own.

Tangeu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Tangeu
Bullet_Jr said:
"If you get good at online games, you can hold your own.
"
If by get good you mean play one game for 40+ hrs a week, memorizing drop table percentages, and creating macros so a game can play itself when I am not there.  Or maybe following a faq to the letter so that I can defeat any opponent in less than 5 min on what is supposed to be a strategy game.

No thanks, like I said, I am just looking to have some fun.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

ParrapatehRappa said:
"Play the Wii online.

Not only is it not serious at all, but you don't have to worry about people going crazy over such trivial things. The only down side to it is the whole Friend Code thing, that and the lack of being able to really talk to anyone, unless you have Wiispeak that is.
"
Yeah agreed, the Wii has some casual yet awesome games, Mario Kart and Super Smash Bro's come to mind, the only down side is the stupid friend code.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

MMORPG's are more fun with people you know in real life. Online RTS's are only for insane people. FPS's, on the other hand, can be good. I dunno what FPS you were playing, but it sounds like it sucks. in order to keep spamming nades for the whole match you must have had unlimited nades, which totally breaks a game.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By BigBoss1911

PSN players arent bad at all,at least from the games Iv played.Besides not many people on there have mics.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
BigBoss1911 said:
"PSN players arent bad at all,at least from the games Iv played.Besides not many people on there have mics.
"
Agreed. Some of the Wii online games are pretty good too, when it comes to the community. I usually find that Xbox Live has the worst community out there, but even then it depends on what game. I thought the community for the first Gears of War was fantastic. Halo on the other hand... now thats a different story.