• 75 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19346 posts) -

Saw this on NeoGAF and though it was incredible, so I decided to share.

This is the auction. For approximately $1.2 million, you can own the biggest video game collection I've ever seen.

From the lengthy description (make sure to read it):

  • 100% Complete Famicom Cartridge Fullset
  • 100% Complete Famicom Disk system fullset
  • 100% Complete Virtual Boy Fullset
  • 100% Complete Super Famicom Fullset

And oh so much more.

I encourage any and all Giant Bomb users to buy this. For science.

#2 Posted by Toxeia (729 posts) -

I wouldn't buy anything from someone who would dare daisy chain power strips.

#3 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11039 posts) -

That's a lot of stuff.

Moderator
#4 Posted by Dalai (7031 posts) -

I'll take 8!

#5 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -
  • 100% Complete Famicom Cartridge Fullset
  • 100% Complete Famicom Disk system fullset
  • 100% Complete Virtual Boy Fullset
  • 100% Complete Super Famicom Fullset
  • Not impressed with anything so far.

    #6 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19346 posts) -

    @SomeDeliCook said:

  • 100% Complete Famicom Cartridge Fullset
  • 100% Complete Famicom Disk system fullset
  • 100% Complete Virtual Boy Fullset
  • 100% Complete Super Famicom Fullset
  • Not impressed with anything so far.

    Good job on not reading the description like I stated, because that's not even 25% of what he's selling.

    #7 Posted by NegativeCero (3003 posts) -

    The only thing I think of is how much of a pain in the ass that would be to ship. I'm sure some crazy person will go for it.

    #8 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -

    I've got 10 on it. C'mon guys, we can buy this

    #9 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1727 posts) -

    3) All games ever released on NEC systems, ALL FACTORY SEALED!

    Madness. 
    #10 Posted by matti00 (668 posts) -

    1000 euro postage? Is there not a collection option?

    #11 Posted by stinky (1549 posts) -

    like to know more about the dr. pawaro. some kind of up skirt camera game?

    not paying 1.2 mill to find out though.

    #12 Posted by Maginnovision (487 posts) -

    I don't want over 99% of what he's selling. Serious collectors won't either due to them having most of it. Who knows, maybe someone decides they really need to start collecting video games.

    #13 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

    It's not actually selling for that much, he is taking offers on it.

    #14 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19346 posts) -

    @PeasantAbuse: Yeah, but he's declined every offer so far. Wonder what his actual threshold is. Hell, I wonder what the actual value of the collection is if one was to observe each item individually.

    #15 Posted by emem (1968 posts) -
    @matti00 said:

    1000 euro postage? Is there not a collection option?

    I doubt that the person who wins it cares about a lousy 1000 bucks. ;)
    #16 Edited by Akyho (1654 posts) -

    I think is worth 999,999.99 euros just for this!!

    My thoughts are is a Famicon launch title.

    #17 Posted by Patman99 (1585 posts) -

    @wmaustin55 said:

    I've got 10 on it. C'mon guys, we can buy this

    I'll chip in 10 as well. If we can pull this off, it will be the best "Mailbag" ever.

    #18 Edited by Xymox (2088 posts) -

    So around 6581 games give or take?

    I think you know what has to be done.

    We're buying this for GB.

    Think of all the throwback quicklooks that NEED to be made?

    Actually, you know what, on second thought... how about we don't do that.

    Ps: I got $10 on it as well.

    "As an example, for the PC Engine factory sealed fullset, i got sometimes more than 50 copies for a precise title, and i kept the BEST one out of the 50 for myself.

    That gives you an idea of the mintiness of such collection. You get the best of the best."

    ^Jesus Christ, is this guy for real? I thought I was doing pretty good when I was bagging my comics..........

    ............... this shit needs to get put into a video game museum or something. What the hell.

    #19 Posted by Hunter5024 (5689 posts) -

    I don't understand why someone would sell this. If they were able to buy all of it in the first place they can't be hurting much for money, and if it's something they've been collecting over the course of decades you'd think it has some sentimental value.

    #20 Posted by Akyho (1654 posts) -

    @Patman99 said:

    @wmaustin55 said:

    I've got 10 on it. C'mon guys, we can buy this

    I'll chip in 10 as well. If we can pull this off, it will be the best "Mailbag" ever.

    Oh god. Think off Jeffs face as a collector? He would be shocked and stunned...then depressed...cos HE didnt do it himself....HE wanted to do it all by hand and even if it never happend he would be happy for the thrill....but to have it just dropped on his door step...I think it would kill him...........SO uh this?

    #21 Edited by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

    .

    #22 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

    @FluxWaveZ said:

    @SomeDeliCook said:

  • 100% Complete Famicom Cartridge Fullset
  • 100% Complete Famicom Disk system fullset
  • 100% Complete Virtual Boy Fullset
  • 100% Complete Super Famicom Fullset
  • Not impressed with anything so far.

    Good job on not reading the description like I stated, because that's not even 25% of what he's selling.

    And like I said, I'm not impressed with anything so far. If those four bullet points are the main selling point, the rest of the collection is even less interesting to me.

    #23 Posted by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

    What's the giant Koei box on the top right shelf?

    #24 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4525 posts) -

    @Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

    3) All games ever released on NEC systems, ALL FACTORY SEALED!

    Madness.

    Sparta.

    #25 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4525 posts) -

    @boocreepyfootdoctor said:

    What's the giant Koei box on the top right shelf?

    All the creativity that goes into a Dynasty Warriors game.

    #26 Posted by dudeglove (7862 posts) -

    No offense to the guy, but anyone who buys that is a fucking tool. You won't end up playing every single game, and you'll have blown 1 million euro for the pleasure.

    #27 Edited by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

    You should have posted Jeff directly.

    Edit: 1.2 million... mmk

    #28 Posted by Peanut (954 posts) -

    I thought really hard about grabbing one of the fullsets off of him, but then I came to my senses and asked myself what the fuck I was thinking.

    #29 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (498 posts) -

    Jeff Gerstmann used Impulse Purchase!

    Jeff Gerstmann has fainted!

    #30 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

    @wmaustin55 said:

    I've got 10 on it. C'mon guys, we can buy this

    We should start a kickstarter or something.

    #31 Posted by cmblasko (1242 posts) -

    @Hunter5024 said:

    I don't understand why someone would sell this. If they were able to buy all of it in the first place they can't be hurting much for money, and if it's something they've been collecting over the course of decades you'd think it has some sentimental value.

    Maybe he used to be able to afford to buy tons of games, but is now hurting for money and needs cash? Or maybe it is all taking up too much space and he wants to get rid of it.

    I'm sure there are tons of individual games that I would love to own in that collection; too bad it doesn't seem like he wants to sell anything separately.

    #32 Posted by Cyrus_Saren (536 posts) -

    Jesus Christ that's a lot of stuff.

    #33 Posted by Fascismo (118 posts) -

    I don't think I understand what he means by "fullset." There HAS to have been more than 200 games for the N64.

    #34 Posted by Jeust (10655 posts) -

    That's one great collection!

    #35 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

    @Fascismo said:

    I don't think I understand what he means by "fullset." There HAS to have been more than 200 games for the N64.

    N64 had 387 games, that includes Japanese games.

    #36 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

    You know... it would literally be cheaper to rent out a semi truck, a few plane tickets for people you truly trust and willing to do it. Buying some chloroform to knock the guy out, buy some workman clothing from a costume store and literally just steal everything from the guy... like... 1% of the money really. If I was this guy I would have MASSIVE security if he has a collection like this. Like... I would keep a gun by my bed at all times... even though he is in paris and it is illegal... kinda need a gun when it comes to a collection of this awesomeness.

    Besides no one would think that you are stealing things if you do it right. I mean, there IS a buy it now option so that would make it seem like a very easy steal... okay... just to say this so no one thinks I would do this. I have very limited motivation to do such a thing and I don't like hurting people and stealing stuff (I stole tictacs to my brother and I felt guilty about it for a week... yeah, that bad.) However I am just saying that this guy better be careful because his address is RIGHT THERE at the bottom!

    #37 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

    Shipping is 1,200 dollars. I think I'll pass, I had my credit card ready until I saw that.

    #38 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

    @ChadMasterFlash said:

    Shipping is 1,200 dollars. I think I'll pass, I had my credit card ready until I saw that.

    You had your credit card ready for a 1.2 million dollar purchase until you seen 1200 dollar shipping?

    #39 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

    @CL60 said:

    @ChadMasterFlash said:

    Shipping is 1,200 dollars. I think I'll pass, I had my credit card ready until I saw that.

    You had your credit card ready for a 1.2 million dollar purchase until you seen 1200 dollar shipping?

    That's the joke.

    #40 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

    @Bwast said:

    @CL60 said:

    @ChadMasterFlash said:

    Shipping is 1,200 dollars. I think I'll pass, I had my credit card ready until I saw that.

    You had your credit card ready for a 1.2 million dollar purchase until you seen 1200 dollar shipping?

    That's the joke.

    #41 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

    @Toxeia said:

    I wouldn't buy anything from someone who would dare daisy chain power strips.

    Clearly you've never owned a large games collection. Unless you havea custom built space you NEED to daisy chain strips or you'll spend forever fiddling with plugs whenever you want to boot something up.

    I would enjoy to own this collection.

    #42 Posted by Toxeia (729 posts) -

    @nintendoeats: No, I have. It just seems that when the house I was in had been built, they were smart enough to put more than one outlet in a room so I didn't have to daisy chain power strips from one corner of the room to the other.

    #43 Posted by Raethen (180 posts) -

    I really hope this collection goes to a museum or archive. Having this much of video game history preserved would be amazing.

    #44 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -

    Someone should start a Kickstarter to buy it.

    #45 Posted by Strife777 (1583 posts) -

    It seems weird to me that someone who took all the time to collect all of these games would suddenly want to sell it all. Also, who would buy the whole thing, unless somebody suddenly decides he's into video games and is plenty rich.

    #46 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

    @Toxeia said:

    @nintendoeats: No, I have. It just seems that when the house I was in had been built, they were smart enough to put more than one outlet in a room so I didn't have to daisy chain power strips from one corner of the room to the other.

    Your house obviously wasn't built 100 years ago. Like mine.

    But even so, I have 30 different items plugged in around my AV system. Of those 30, only 7 are things not part of the AV system. Unless you had a space custom wired to accommodate that much hardware daisy chain is your only option.

    #47 Posted by MikkaQ (10294 posts) -

    At the pristine condition that everything is in, this is definitely something that belongs in a museum, or some kind of sealed archive for future generations.

    #48 Posted by Cubical (637 posts) -

    I got most of that crap already..

    #49 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

    @Toxeia said:

    I wouldn't buy anything from someone who would dare daisy chain power strips.

    I totally didn't notice that. That whole collection is about to go up in flames.

    #50 Posted by jking47 (1211 posts) -

    @Toxeia said:

    I wouldn't buy anything from someone who would dare daisy chain power strips.

    This. 1 spark and that whole collection goes up in flames!