#1 Posted by RazielCuts (2942 posts) -
#2 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3023 posts) -

This is kinda really awesome.

#3 Edited by Kidable (127 posts) -

Really cool for UK fans of the Persona Series, and also fighting games, who have vinyl players.

#4 Posted by Happenstance (462 posts) -

I was tempted to switch my preorder over to this but in the end I think I'd rather just pay less and get it a day or so earlier from ShopTo

#5 Posted by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

I have a gramophone in the garage. I'm totally gonna rock this bitch!

#6 Posted by Bocam (3681 posts) -

Why?

#7 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2205 posts) -

If I had a record player and cash to spare I'd totally be up all over that!

#8 Edited by Video_Game_King (36103 posts) -

@bocam said:

Why?

What I said, only with a groan.

#9 Posted by Petiew (1333 posts) -

I realy wonder how many people, interested in Persona/Arc fighting games, that are still interested in a 9 month delayed game have record players capable of playing this?

It's a neat collectors item though, but I'd advise against pre-ordering from GAME. Ever since they went under the first time, their preorder delivery times have become very poor. I didn't get Ni No Kuni until about 9 days after they apparently sent it out.

#10 Posted by Vanek (381 posts) -

Isn't that the same price they had when they thought it was coming out last year? I'm sure it is ...

If so they had the options of releasing the game at a lower price or keeping the same price and adding some bullshit item barely anyone wants in and somehow they went with the latter. Awesome.

#11 Posted by mwng (923 posts) -

Ah, didn't spot this thread as it's under general discussion... Still, might come in handy.

#12 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -
#13 Posted by RazielCuts (2942 posts) -

@bocam @video_game_king @cloudenvy: Only on the internet can getting a 'free' (as @vanek puts it) cool collectors item be seen as a downside and be bitched about, you keep fighting the good fight my pessimistic brothers.

#14 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@razielcuts: Calling it cool is really pushing it, it's more pointless than anything.

#15 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1032 posts) -

I personally think it is really cool but then again most people won't ever really get to use it...

#16 Edited by SirOptimusPrime (1959 posts) -

Sorry, that's pretty awesome.

#17 Edited by Vanek (381 posts) -

@razielcuts: I never said free or even cool. And I don't see how I'm being I'm being pessimistic either. I think it's a great idea to do something to apologise to the fans for the insane delay but including an item most people likely wont be able to use is hardly the best answer. I'm going to make the bold assumption that given the choice most people would rather they shaved off £5 rather than getting that item.

#18 Edited by Azteck (7449 posts) -

SOLD!

#19 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@vanek said:

@razielcuts: I'm going to make the bold assumption that given the choice most people would rather they shaved off £5 rather than getting that item.

Bingo.

#20 Posted by RazielCuts (2942 posts) -

@vanek said:

@razielcuts: I never said free or even cool. And I don't see how I'm being I'm being pessimistic either. I think it's a great idea to do something to apologise to the fans for the insane delay but including an item most people likely wont be able to use is hardly the best answer. I'm going to make the bold assumption that given the choice most people would rather they shaved off £5 rather than getting that item.

@vanek said:

Isn't that the same price they had when they thought it was coming out last year? I'm sure it is ...

That's where I got the implied 'free' from. And I think the only bold assumption you've made is that they would've charged £5 less without it.

#21 Edited by Bocam (3681 posts) -

@razielcuts said:

@bocam @video_game_king @cloudenvy: Only on the internet can getting a 'free' (as @vanek puts it) cool collectors item be seen as a downside and be bitched about, you keep fighting the good fight my pessimistic brothers.

I'm not really bitching about it, I just don't see the point of it. I think my UK brothers should get something better. Like I don't know... free guidance voice unlocks? Also paying $50 for something that's now going for $30 online is pretty fucking dumb.

#22 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

I want it. I never got ps4 arena yet and I have the SC2 vinyl from blizzcon 2010.. I want that to go with it!

#23 Posted by Video_Game_King (36103 posts) -

@razielcuts:

Because my issue is with the giving away of free items, not the specific item being given away.

#24 Posted by Vanek (381 posts) -

@razielcuts said:

@vanek said:

@vanek said:

That's where I got the implied 'free' from. And I think the only bold assumption you've made is that they would've charged £5 less without it.

I can see this going on forever and quickly descending into more of a fight than a discussion. So, final thoughts ...

It's a year late and being priced notably higher than it costs in the US to buy today and they're apology is a "unique" item that most people won't use or want. The idea should have been to give us something everyone the majority could use and want and if they couldn't find an item like that a reduced (be it £5 or £15) cost should have been the answer. A vinyl is certainly an interesting idea for collectors but to the average person it's another packed in item that will go in the closet and never be used.

As someone previously pointed out it now sells in the US for $30 (£19.79) and we get it for £13 more with an item several people have already questioned. I might have bought it for £20 but not for £32.99.

#25 Posted by Chibithor (574 posts) -

It's not like I have any use for a vinyl but I'd totally go for that. Too bad it's UK only. Hopefully they'll come up with something for all of Europe

#26 Posted by Beforet (2912 posts) -

I'm not gonna lie: I read that as 12" Vinny OST. And I was really hoping for a cover album of Vinny singing all the J-Rap/Pop from the game,

#27 Posted by RazielCuts (2942 posts) -

@vanek: I don't know where you're living in the UK (if you are) but the average price of a new game released to the market is between £35 - £40, £32.99 is already a price cut and it being the Limited Edition version already has the added value, this is something extra. It's the same price on Amazon without the 12". It may not be a thing you want but it's a bonus free thing which I thought was cool, I like vinyl.

Arguing about the release date is apples and oranges in relation to price, like it or not this is still a new game to the UK (there was the possibility of it not even coming out over here so yeah, supporting this is saying 'yes, we want more of this.') It's why I bought all the Project Rainfall games, even though I've only put about 25 hours into Xenoblade I wanted to show support for games like those to be released in the UK.

£20 for a new game, I don't mean to sound rude, is kind of childish attitude to have and never would've been a possibility, in a month or so yes, not day one. They'd have no room to manuveur for a price drop if it started at £20, £15 is when games start dropping from clearance now as it is.

/rant

I thought it was a cool thing, posted it in the forums to let others know and ended up arguing about it. Let's just both agree its good thing it's being released here finally :D

#28 Posted by MikkaQ (10269 posts) -

Well I guess I'm going to find a way to buy it and ship it to Canada.

#29 Posted by el_tajij (708 posts) -

Sold and sold!

#30 Edited by Vanek (381 posts) -

@vanek: I don't know where you're living in the UK (if you are) but the average price of a new game released to the market is between £35 - £40, £32.99 is already a price cut and it being the Limited Edition version already has the added value, this is something extra. It's the same price on Amazon without the 12". It may not be a thing you want but it's a bonus free thing which I thought was cool, I like vinyl.

Arguing about the release date is apples and oranges in relation to price, like it or not this is still a new game to the UK (there was the possibility of it not even coming out over here so yeah, supporting this is saying 'yes, we want more of this.') It's why I bought all the Project Rainfall games, even though I've only put about 25 hours into Xenoblade I wanted to show support for games like those to be released in the UK.

£20 for a new game, I don't mean to sound rude, is kind of childish attitude to have and never would've been a possibility, in a month or so yes, not day one. They'd have no room to manuveur for a price drop if it started at £20, £15 is when games start dropping from clearance now as it is.

/rant

I thought it was a cool thing, posted it in the forums to let others know and ended up arguing about it. Let's just both agree its good thing it's being released here finally :D

I somehow didn't register that it was only at GAME, which was down to me being lazy and exhausted earlier (naps make everything clearer), so now I completely get it being added value and that was a really silly oversight from me on that one, my bad.

I think the release date/price relation thing is really hard to say. I can completely understand both sides and can't really argue that you're wrong, but I can't accept I'm wrong either. We can easily agree to disagree on that one I think. I will say as someone that has put a large amount of hours into Xenoblade Chronicles that you do make a good point about the Project Rainfall games and when I think about that I can absolutely get on board with that.

In the end I'm just being grumpy because I wanted the game so badly last year and feel like I got burned. You are right though so I'll happily concede with a respectful tip of the hat and happily celebrate the fact it's finally got a release date so the UK can enjoy the game. I hope you enjoy it especially if you can get your hands on a vinyl player. =)

#31 Posted by MeganeAgain (123 posts) -

That's very slick. And it's about time P4A had a proper European release date.