#1001 Posted by SupernormalStep (198 posts) -

1000 comments! Thanks to everyone who liked these! and Boo to the TWO PEOPLE in the entire thread who didn't.

#1002 Posted by AssInAss (2400 posts) -

1000 comments! Thanks to everyone who liked these! and Boo to the TWO PEOPLE in the entire thread who didn't.

Yeah fuck those guys! :P Your art is sharp, so good.

#1004 Edited by Aegon (5118 posts) -

Lol, drama.

#1005 Edited by Carlos1408 (1462 posts) -

C'est incroyable! Amazing work duder! :D

#1006 Posted by ProfessorK (797 posts) -

Any chance you'll throw in Alexis or an honorary Kessler?

#1007 Edited by Mezmero (1646 posts) -

We need another thread for suggesting personas. Patrick should have a dinosaur that spits dubstep suffering from animation priority. Drew would have either an automaton with a video camera for a head or a North Korean tank. Ryan would have a lactating demoness sitting on a cake.

Dave would have, I don't know, some greasy grognard in an office chair? You have formed a bond that cannot be broken. You now have the ability to create Grognard, the war machine.

#1008 Edited by Oobir (63 posts) -

@mezmero: You could also go the typical SMT route of looking at myth/folklore/history for Personas...and that's what I'll do, since university classes are out for now and I have nothing better to do with my free time.*

Jeff: Plutus, the Greek god of wealth. In Dante's The Divine Comedy, he was the overseer of the Hoarders and Wasters in the Fourth Circle of Hell.
Brad: Herr Korbes, the title character of a Grimm fairy tale. A bunch of bad shit happens to him at the hands of farm animals for no adequately explained reason. The story always amuses me. Evolves into Phaëton, who was confident he could pilot the chariot of the sun but ended up breaking everything. "Although greatly he failed, more greatly he dared."
Ryan: Judas, history's greatest snitch.
Drew: I think whoever suggested the Red Baron had an inspired choice.
Vinny: Gremlin, the imps that caused fighter pilots to crash their aircraft. Evolves into Horme, Greek personification of eagerness and action.
Patrick: Wicker Man, which gets burned by people who dislike what it represents. Evolves into Lemminkäinen, a Finnish man who was killed and torn into pieces but then put back together and given life again.
Alex: Pythagoras, philosopher of numbers and harmonics.
Matt: Cassandra, prophetess whose competency in her field never worked out for her. Evolves into Tiresias, who had a much better time of things than Cassandra.
Dave: Cincinnatus, the Roman consulate and one-time dictator who willingly gave up his power after his martial duty was fulfilled.

If someone wants to make a new thread for the topic instead of cluttering this one, I would shift this post over there.

*Literally anything else would be a better use of my free time. I felt really weird typing this all out.

#1009 Edited by Ennosuke (59 posts) -

I see this for the first time. This is amazing! Great work!

#1010 Posted by selbie (1781 posts) -

@oobir said:

@mezmero: You could also go the typical SMT route of looking at myth/folklore/history for Personas...and that's what I'll do, since university classes are out for now and I have nothing better to do with my free time.*

Jeff:

Plutus

, the Greek god of wealth. In Dante's

The Divine Comedy

, he was the overseer of the Hoarders and Wasters in the Fourth Circle of Hell.

Brad:

Herr Korbes

, the title character of a Grimm fairy tale. A bunch of bad shit happens to him at the hands of farm animals for no adequately explained reason. The story always amuses me. Evolves into

Phaëton

, who was confident he could pilot the chariot of the sun but ended up breaking everything. "Although greatly he failed, more greatly he dared."

Ryan:

Judas

, history's greatest snitch.

Drew: I think whoever suggested the

Red Baron

had an inspired choice.

Vinny:

Gremlin

, the imps that caused fighter pilots to crash their aircraft. Evolves into

Horme

, Greek personification of eagerness and action.

Patrick:

Wicker Man

, which gets burned by people who dislike what it represents. Evolves into

Lemminkäinen

, a Finnish man who was killed and torn into pieces but then put back together and given life again.

Alex:

Pythagoras

, philosopher of numbers and harmonics.

Matt:

Cassandra

, prophetess whose competency in her field never worked out for her. Evolves into

Tiresias

, who had a much better time of things than Cassandra.

Dave:

Cincinnatus

, the Roman consulate and one-time dictator who willingly gave up his power after his martial duty was fulfilled.

If someone wants to make a new thread for the topic instead of cluttering this one, I would shift this post over there.

*Literally anything else would be a better use of my free time. I felt really weird typing this all out.

This makes perfect sense.

#1011 Posted by avantegardener (1090 posts) -

These are absolutely terrific, I hope they do use them on reviews.

#1012 Edited by Solh0und (1680 posts) -

Damnit, supernormalstep, You're making me wish I worked for Giant Bomb :(

#1013 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (4445 posts) -

I love that these pictures are in the background of the GB studio now during live shows. Fucking fantastic!

#1014 Posted by Jedted (2258 posts) -

Love the one of Matt!

#1015 Posted by Irvandus (2643 posts) -

@oobir: That's probably the best list we would see anyway.

#1016 Edited by sonicrift (288 posts) -

Just got a Vita so I can finally play Persona 4 for myself without having to hook a PS2 up to something. This new Rorie-inclusive wallpaper will be my Vita's wallpaper.

#1018 Edited by PsiKick (11 posts) -
#1019 Posted by SupernormalStep (198 posts) -

@psikick: Been seeing it on tumblr. Go for it!

#1020 Posted by JeanLuc (3518 posts) -
#1021 Posted by Mezmero (1646 posts) -

@oobir: As a fan of world history those all feel like very inspired choices. I just find it hard to take anything attached to these goofballs seriously so I personally would opt to use made up stuff. Also it feels like there's a high possibility that a lot of the imagery has been milked across the various SMT games. For some reason I was thinking Sisyphus for Jeff because the man just can't stop. If we stick to the made up persona route I'd give him three copies of Samurai Showdown.

@psikick said:

So I kinda made three lines of a Vinny Visual Novel as a joke and now everyone expects me to make a Giant Bomb visual novel. So if that does end up happening is it okay if I use the Persona portraits @supernormalstep? It'll probably just be game jam size, Jurassic Heart was like what, 10 minutes long?

Vinny post that started it

Ryan interaction

Brad interaction

Dumb idea list that probably won't happen

These are pretty funny. Brad's story reminds me of a horror story from Keith in Deadly Premonition. One of the ending paths should take you to The Raid on used game stores.

#1022 Edited by gelatinabomination (181 posts) -

@psikick: Do it! Do it for glory and honor!

#1023 Edited by the_devastator (2 posts) -

There should be a Patrick with the facial hair, also these are amazing

#1024 Posted by metalsnakezero (2269 posts) -

There should be a Patrick with the facial hair, also these are amazing

That his shadow self.

#1025 Edited by spacedongle (7 posts) -

Just thought I'd share this

Kinda the same style :)

the original covers:

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/2/25628/2240060-p4a_boxart_ps3_rated.jpg

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/5128/835681-p4_illust01.jpg

#1026 Edited by DualFayte (127 posts) -

This is the greatest forum post I've ever seen

#1027 Posted by kerse (2040 posts) -
@dagbiker said:

@supernormalstep It would be cool to do the ending scene with Dave as Charlie, riding off into the sun set, while the bombcrew wave goodbye. Just an Idea.

Someone needs to do this

#1028 Edited by Rotnac (525 posts) -

These are really great though I feel bad Alexis gets no love being Personafied.

#1030 Edited by Nezza (312 posts) -

The awesome is strong with these.

#1031 Posted by Chalian (216 posts) -
#1032 Posted by selbie (1781 posts) -

Skinny Ryan and Jeff are creeping me the F out 0__o

#1033 Posted by super2j (1611 posts) -

@selbie said:

@spacedongle said:

Skinny Ryan and Jeff are creeping me the F out 0__o

Vinny is creeping me out personally...

great post though, lots of style here.

#1034 Posted by Zaapp1 (654 posts) -

Were there prints, I would pay money for them.

#1035 Edited by Wogglebeast (32 posts) -

You, dear sir, are the greatest. Amazing work.

#1036 Posted by spacedongle (7 posts) -

Just a quick sketch :)

#1037 Posted by spacedongle (7 posts) -

@zaapp1: If you want to print them yourself, the original size is 4398 x 6220px 350dpi but the golden duder logo is low res..

#1038 Posted by Aegon (5118 posts) -

@psikick said:

So I kinda made three lines of a Vinny Visual Novel as a joke and now everyone expects me to make a Giant Bomb visual novel. So if that does end up happening is it okay if I use the Persona portraits @supernormalstep? It'll probably just be game jam size, Jurassic Heart was like what, 10 minutes long?

Vinny post that started it

Ryan interaction

Brad interaction

Dumb idea list that probably won't happen

Someone want to explain how tumblr works? Is it like youtube but with blogs? The whole thing with the notes and no comments is what's weird to me.

#1039 Posted by Zero_ (1970 posts) -
#1040 Posted by LandonRobinson (71 posts) -

Where are the higher-res versions? All I see are thumbnails.

#1041 Posted by Wikitoups (713 posts) -

So I took all the pictures, add some music in live movie maker and vola! I made this. Don't know why it looks that way??? ( I saved the pictures as png.) If I can figured it out more I might fixed it. Hope You enjoy!

#1042 Posted by Mcfart (1426 posts) -

Amazing thread! That wallpaper saying "Giant Bomb, a site about Video Games" needs to be showcased in some way the day Persona 5 comes out!

#1043 Posted by BakerMikeRomeo (13 posts) -

This is one of the finest things in history.