Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Persona 4 Golden ON sale for $20 [PSN]

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bigjeffrey

Have a Vita and never played Persona 4 Golden and are a crazy person?

No Caption Provided

Persona 4 Golden (VITA) $19.99/$29.99

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Damn it : / - not in the EU, at least not yet.

I'll probably pick up another copy of P3FES since portable didn't quite scratch the same Persona itch, unlike P4G. Something about not having polygonal models just made it feel a bit too... sterile.

Don't know if I'll ever buy or play Persona/2 - they're such different games.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

It's time for Sony to test the viability of Atlus titles on their platform before they decide to buy them before Nintendo. The time is now.

(Maybe I'll buy a digital version of Persona 4 Golden)

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woah, this is weird. I was just thinking about picking up P3P for my vita as a way to replay P3 last night. Good timing I guess.

PD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By PD

Persona 4 Arena and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment also seem to be on sale for $30 and $10 respectively.

I've never played P1 or P2 since I've heard they're pretty different from P3 and P4. But $30 bucks for all 3 games? I might just spring for them. It seems like a pretty good deal.

Edit: Links.

smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's still killing me that Golden isn't on PS3. And what about Arena?

Whatever, I just hope this is a prelude to some P5 news. It's been five years dammit.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smcn: Probably won't have anything to do with P5 news. They had a sale like this on PSN last year too.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bigjeffrey

@smcn said:

Whatever, I just hope this is a prelude to some P5 news. It's been five years dammit.

This is probably Index trying to get as much money as they can before they sell ATLUS to Nintendo. Please FUCK NO

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@periahdark: @selfconfessedcynic: Having played P4, P3P and P2:IS I'd say P2:IS is the most mind blowing and totally worth playing.

I will probably take advantage of this sale. Either FES or the first game most likely.

PD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosespippy: That makes me feel better about my purchase then. I bought them soon after I posted that message and then worried I might hate myself for it :P

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By MetalGearSunny

@smcn said:

This is probably Index trying to get as much money as they can before they sell ATLUS to Nintendo. Please FUCK NO

No

I hope you meant Sony

If it's Nintendo I'll be really sad

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I bought FES when it first released on PS3N. Tried to play it like twice... just can't bring myself to play it. =\

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

EVERYONE GO BUY THESE GAMES IF YOU DON'T HAVE THEM! They are fantastic and support Atlus and Persona Team

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Every time I look at P4 Golden, I want to go out and buy a PSV. Then I realize that will make it the most expensive game I've ever bought.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bigjeffrey

Every time I look at P4 Golden, I want to go out and buy a PSV. Then I realize that will make it the most expensive game I've ever bought.

I did it, so far it's awesome. Really the most expensive game i've ever bought, and i got the solid gold edition.

PD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukeweizer: That was the reason I bought a Vita. While it's a really dumb idea, I don't regret it. I loved going through Persona 4 again plus seeing all that new content was great. And now that PSN has some great indie games for the Vita. I now have more games for my Vita than I have for my 3DS. And I LOVE my 3DS. I never thought that would happen.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Already own all of these, which I love because ly Vita is a Persona and PSP/PS1 game machine. Anyone who doesnt should absolutely go for it.

TAFAE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigjeffrey said:

@smcn said:

They had a very similar sale to this one last year around this time too, although that was shortly before both P4A and P4G released so it could have been to build hype. I buy that this could be Index trying to make a little bit of cash before they're no longer the owners of Atlus, but all of this selling them to Nintendo business seems to be coming solely from dudes speculating on forums, not any sort of reputable source. If this is just a lead up to Persona 5's announcement as a WiiU exclusive, I'd eat my hat regarding my doubts about the speculation (and I'd have a reason to buy a WiiU, too), but I really think the signs point to them going to a third party. Too many system-exclusive games for both Sony and Nintendo in the works for it to be otherwise.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tafae said:

@bigjeffrey said:

@smcn said:

They had a very similar sale to this one last year around this time too, although that was shortly before both P4A and P4G released so it could have been to build hype. I buy that this could be Index trying to make a little bit of cash before they're no longer the owners of Atlus, but all of this selling them to Nintendo business seems to be coming solely from dudes speculating on forums, not any sort of reputable source. If this is just a lead up to Persona 5's announcement as a WiiU exclusive, I'd eat my hat regarding my doubts about the speculation (and I'd have a reason to buy a WiiU, too), but I really think the signs point to them going to a third party. Too many system-exclusive games for both Sony and Nintendo in the works for it to be otherwise.

Yeah, still to early to call if they are going to get sold off, i'd just like them to stay as they are. But Index gone and done some shady shit.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@lukeweizer: I bought P4G last month and a Vita last week. Turns out that I already have Limbo, Motorstorm RC and Retro City Rampage for Vita, plus some PS Plus stuff. That makes the price an easier pill to swallow. I'm really liking the vita so far.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@lukeweizer: I bought P4G last month and a Vita last week. Turns out that I already have Limbo, Motorstorm RC and Retro City Rampage for Vita, plus some PS Plus stuff. That makes the price an easier pill to swallow. I'm really liking the vita so far.

It's a really great piece of hardware, such good build quality. My only gripe is the screen seems to attract moisture far more than any other touchscreen I have used.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Picked up Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3 Portable. Honestly with PS+ the Vita has been a great purchase for me. I ended up buying my Vita used on eBay. It included Vita 3G/WiFi Version, 8GB Memory Card, Rayman Origins, Lumines and Power Cord/Case and I paid $140+Ship ($152 total). I ended up selling the 8GB Memory Card for 15 bucks on eBay and purchased a 32GB Card for 80. Look into eBay if you are interested in a Vita, plenty of good deals on there. Wish my 32GB Card was a 64GB Card as I am already out of space on the thing!

Yodasdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Yodasdarkside

I also cannot complain about my impulse purchase of a sexy white Vita, I have gotten so much use out of it in the months since buying it, it's honestly been a welcome surprise. Picked up Golden last night (never played it, or any other game in the series, so I'm hoping I'm in for as big a treat as t'interweb would seem to suggest) at this price, I couldn't hold off any longer. Plus really makes the case for the Vita though, it has to be said.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should probably buy Eternal Punishment, since it wasn't out when they had last year's sale.

Does wanting to buy a digital version of P4G so I don't have to screw with the cartridge that I already own and have finished once, make me a crazy person?

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ervonymous

Might've bought Eternal Punishment for $5 but the old localization seems pretty dumb. I got P3P and Innocent Sin last year in a similar summer sale, great pickups for anyone the least bit interested.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bigjeffrey

On sale again

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.