My take on the PES QL:
1. QL did demonstrate some serious technical issues with this version of PES; it might not matter for hardcore player, but nonetheless disappointing and worth noting.
2. QL did show Jeff (and probably Vinny) have no experience playing this or previous version of PES; this is unlike NBA or Madden, which there were "an era when they still enjoy those games", I am guessing PES or FIFA were never part of their video game vein.
3. This is why some people (me included), were disappointed not only by the game itself, but this QL; even when a reviewer dislike a game, RE6 for example, some comments to explain why a game fall short would be appreciated.
4. I think my problem also raise from fact that QL now serves as an introduction to game (instead of video review); you might argue sport games are not what GB is for, but listening to Jeff's "Jar talk" made me believe GB shouldn't just be fun without bottom-line standard.
5. I felt sad that, PES 2013 are treated with harsh dismiss, when Tokyo Jungle were welcomed with open arms: I think they are both "foreign" to GB crews, why not try to evalute it instead of saying "don't care"?
I believe when GB crews have some basic understanding of a sport game (see NBA QL), their comment often sound both funnier and less like total dick...