#1 Posted by jonnyp (193 posts) -

My cat has single-handedly devoured the left analog stick for my 360 controller, and she's well on her way to destroying my ps3 sticks as well.  She will even find ways to fish them out of drawers and chew to her hearts content!!  Until I get home from work and go "OH dear god why? WHY?!" 

Anyone else have animals that think game peripherals are actually just tasty chew toys? 
#2 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

My dog never even goes near my controllers. The only time he interrupts me is when he walks over controller wires or what not. Maybe it's the fact he is lazy? Always sleeping.

#3 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

My cat has never gone anywhere near my controller or anything game related ever. Though my cat kinda is cooler than all other cats...

#4 Edited by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

LOL

My dog chewed one of my sixaxis controllers. Asside from feeling quite rough around the handles, she bit off the rubber grips on the sticks without damaging them and chewed the plastic underneath pretty bad. I put the rubber grips back on with glue and they work as good as new. The controller feels weird because there is teeth marks on the handles but it plays good still and not bad at all lol. definitely need to buy some new controllers. 

the only reason she did that was because i wasn't home all day and my dad was sleeping, she gets all lonely and probably could smell a strong scent of me on the controllers so she started chewing on it. 

When I first got her she chewed my PSEye camera, still need to fix that thing. She chewed right through the wire. 

She never does this anymore, because she knows what not to touch anymore. Sometimes if i forget to leave her in a cage when I go out, she'll chew papers, like junk mail i leave on the couch or something, but thats it. She is a pit bull btw, so shes a good chewer. 

Just make sure you leave chew toys or bones around and their fine. As for cats, just buy some toys or like a baby toy that is similar in size and materials to the controllers. 
#5 Posted by jonnyp (193 posts) -

Yeah leaving toys around is definitely a good way to go, although I think my cat knows what's up and any time she was some attention she'll go strait for whatever controller is closest.  I'm constantly like "dude you have toys, look!" and she just gives me this look like "yeah, i know, and fuck you"

oh but i love her so...er...in a non-bestiality kinda way.
#6 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Like 10 years ago, I had a dog that tripped over my N64 controller wire while I was playing and it ripped the controller out and chipped off a piece of the plastic around the first player controller port. My dog and the console were okay, though. That's all I can come up with.

#7 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"My dog never even goes near my controllers. The only time he interrupts me is when he walks over controller wires or what not. Maybe it's the fact he is lazy? Always sleeping."

^^That. My dogs are the most peaceful creatures in the world. Unless of course, they see a squirrel. When that happens...OH GOD, NO! PLEASE GOD, HEL-.
#8 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -
#9 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

My cat diced my mic cord... my dogs are afraid of the controllers because they have seen them vibrate on the table. haha

#10 Posted by TekZero (2665 posts) -

My biggest problem used to be the damn dog running through the cable and yanking 1. The controller out of my hand an having it smash on the floor. 2. The console from my entertainment center and making that crash to the floor.

Either way it was bad and wireless controllers solved all that garbage..

Yay wireless.

#11 Posted by TomA (2531 posts) -

Lol that's pretty funny, but know my cats don't use my controllers for toys.My one cat uses me as a scratching post though.

#12 Posted by Kazona (3060 posts) -

My cat is too lazy to chew on my controller

#13 Posted by jonnyp (193 posts) -
TomA said:
"Lol that's pretty funny, but know my cats don't use my controllers for toys.My one cat uses me as a scratching post though."
yup.  right when i get home from work i get a nice claw in the leg.  its like a friendly hello, except instead of making you feel good it makes you say "what the..auch..ah.shi..why? why?!"  
#14 Posted by MisterSpiffy (880 posts) -

The only time my dog has interfered with my gaming was a couple years ago.  She ran and tripped over the power cord, which turned off my game of The Emperor's New Groove on the PS2. :[

#15 Posted by Gameboi (653 posts) -

Wow... I feel lucky. My cat used to enjoy watching me play Resident Evil 2. Never tore anything up, though. These days, she doesn't seem all that interested in video games. I catch her viewing TV once in a while  though. That, and squinting at me for no reason.