#1 Edited by Aegon (5405 posts) -

Note: User JoakimMogren uploaded the following video to gametrailers.com

Edit: The morse code is: G E N E R A T I N G I M A G E H O L D S C E N A R I O L O A D I N G H O L D A C T I V A T I N G P H A N T O M P A I N D O T M E M E H O L D E R R O R E R R O R E R R O R E R R O R

Generating image hold scenario loading hold activating Phantom Pain dot Meme (mme) hold error error error error

Alright, time to analyze and decode this sh**

Here's a still image of the pic being flashed:

Project Omega appears in the Ground Zeroes video:

#2 Edited by psylah (2162 posts) -

The video is the inside of a nuclear reactor, which is signified by the glow at the beginning. It is Cherenkov radiation.

Edit: it seems to be this nuclear fusion reactor:

Tokamak Nuclear Fusion Reactor

The glow isn't Cherenkov radiation as I had thought, it is a superheated plasma being contained by a powerful magnetic field.

#3 Edited by cmblasko (1127 posts) -

Big Boss gets captured trying to rescue Chico and Paz from Camp Omega?

#4 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (987 posts) -

Anyone else think that island in the omega sign looks like Cuba?

#5 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

But is it real or CG?????

#6 Edited by Zella (704 posts) -

Yep that's Cuba alright

#7 Posted by N7 (3573 posts) -

It's Costa Rica.

#8 Edited by psylah (2162 posts) -

The video is spliced together from pieces of this video starting at 4:43

#9 Posted by Aegon (5405 posts) -
#10 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

Oh Kojima, I fucking love you...

#11 Posted by EuanDewar (4771 posts) -

UHHHHHH GET LOST IF YOU ARE CYNICAL ABOUT KOJIMAAAAA

#12 Posted by psylah (2162 posts) -

Fusion is pretty cool, you guys. 2:33 for an "internal" view.

#13 Edited by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

And people don't like Kojima, you kidding me? This shit is great

#14 Edited by wumbo3000 (938 posts) -

I fucking love everything about this shit. Such a breath of fresh air. More people need to do weird stuff like this. Kojima is so creative/insane/drunk with power, and I love him for it.

#15 Edited by Quarters (1633 posts) -

The Omega reference, Memes(an important theme of MGS2 and the series as a whole), nuclear reactors(nuclear business being very important in the Metal Gear series), and morse code(which is actually used in MG2 for a puzzle).

Nope, this obviously has nothing to do with Metal Gear.

Delicious.

I do have a theory about the plot now, though. Keep in mind, this is extremely light in evidence(mainly going off the VR program and AI mention in the grab). But, what if Ground Zeroes is indeed the prologue to MGS5, which is The Phantom Pain. But perhaps it is a prologue in the sense that TPP takes place far after Ground Zeroes, possibly not even with Big Boss as the main character, and something about Ground Zeroes pings forth later on in the timeline which becomes important for The Phantom Pain? Possibly even MGS4-era?

It would be weird, but who knows. All I know is that Keighly said that TPP was not a previously announced game, which means it probably isn't just straight up Ground Zeroes. I think it's way more complex than that. Plus, Kojima recently mentioned that an idea he had for this generation was to make a "pilot episode" for a new game idea, so that people could play it and show if they are interested or not before a studio devotes several years and millions upon millions on the idea. What if this is the start of that practice, like a test run?

#16 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11484 posts) -

Yes Kojima, I will buy into your weird marketing.

#17 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

@quarters said:

I do have a theory about the plot now, though. Keep in mind, this is extremely light in evidence(mainly going off the VR program and AI mention in the grab). But, what if Ground Zeroes is indeed the prologue to MGS5, which is The Phantom Pain. But perhaps it is a prologue in the sense that TPP takes place far after Ground Zeroes, possibly not even with Big Boss as the main character, and something about Ground Zeroes pings forth later on in the timeline which becomes important for The Phantom Pain? Possibly even MGS4-era?

I totally thought of that as well at some point. Like, what if one of the games takes place in the past, and Snake Eater style, Big Boss is at the center of some kind of event that has repercussions that Solid Snake would have to deal with in the future? That would be pretty cool.

#18 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1355 posts) -

This is more than i could ever dream for.