• 137 results
#1 Posted by TranceQuina (149 posts) -

I feel like at least once every gamer wishes for an arcade cabinet of their own. If you had to pick one *game* (as in not a combo cabinet), what would it be? It's a hard choice; alternates are okay too. I'd personally really love a 1942 cabinet, but would be tempted by a Galaga cocktail cabinet or an Area 51 machine.

BTW, where's a good place to actually get one? Maybe 1942/1943 is just super hard to find, but I feel like I can't find a great source for cabinets...

#2 Edited by GreggD (4486 posts) -
#3 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
There is no other right answer to this question
#4 Posted by A_Dog (744 posts) -

Smash TV, duh.

#5 Posted by Daneian (1226 posts) -

The Japan only Half Life 2 cabinet with memory stick slot

#6 Posted by JudgeDread (572 posts) -

Out Run

Would fit it out so I could sleep in it listening to the music.

#7 Posted by Naked_Snake (22 posts) -

I'd want the castle crashers cabs they made for pax last year. http://arcadeheaven.wordpress.com/2010/09/04/a-little-bit-of-arcade-fever-pax-2010/

#8 Posted by solidejake (484 posts) -

Jurassic Park railshooters, or House of the Dead railshooters.

#9 Posted by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -
#10 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I don't really want one. I have no strong feelings for any arcade game. It also takes up a lot of space for one game.

#11 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

I wanted a weird top-down shooter where you control a plane and there is that girl whose special is a flower bomb. But since i don't remember the name... I would love a Castle Crashers cabinet.

#12 Posted by Grimluck343 (1149 posts) -

A Street Fighter II cabinet.

#13 Edited by JusticeJanitor (145 posts) -

I'd have four Hydro Thunder machines and a Marvel Vs Capcom 2 cabinet.That would make me very happy.

Edit : I meant Hydro Thunder, sorry.

#14 Posted by Brontes_Muse (187 posts) -

Id like this custom MK9 cabinet

For more info and a sweet video of it in action.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13645

#15 Posted by Redbullet685 (6031 posts) -

I answered this question in another thread a few days ago. Crazy Taxi or one of the NFL Blitz.

#16 Posted by LoveSpuds (114 posts) -

Dont even have to think twice, for me it would be

http://www.findarcademachines.com/atari-star-wars-cockpit-original-arcade-machine-p-1073.html

#17 Edited by FoxMulder (1665 posts) -

Hydro Thunder all the way. As a kid I got much satisfaction out of the boost trottle and driving my water craft with one hand! I felt badass!

#18 Edited by ShaggE (6402 posts) -

Time Traveler, of course.

Or Carnevil.

#19 Posted by TooWalrus (13155 posts) -

@Jack268: Seriously? Phantom Menace shit?

Fuckin' Galaga, dude.

#20 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

Either Centipede or Dynomite Cop!

#21 Posted by bartok (2458 posts) -

A Neo Geo arcade cabinet with Samurai Showdown 2, Metal Slug 3, Bust-A-Move, and Street Hoops. Or if it is only for one game then WWF Wrestlefest.

#22 Edited by Wrect (315 posts) -

In order of preference: Rygar, Black Tiger, Ikari Warriors, Ghosts n Goblins, Return of the Jedi.

#23 Posted by TobbRobb (4589 posts) -

I want a Pac-Man cabinet. Galaga would be cool as well.

#24 Posted by gakon (1952 posts) -

Galaga, because I'm 20 and incapable of having memories of arcades. (Note to older folks: there are people who have existed for two decades and yet can't claim to have lived during the glory days of real arcades.) But I like Galaga quite a bit; it tends to be my game of choice when faced with a Ms. Pac-Man/Galaga cabinet.

#25 Posted by Tesuto (22 posts) -

DDR 4th mix, or maybe DDR Max. So much "dancing" in high school.

#26 Posted by plainplease (187 posts) -

Even without a combo cabinet I'd still take Ms. Pacman

#27 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

simpsons arcade game. 

i don't remember a lot of arcades because there weren't a lot where i was. i do have a pinball machine already. 

judge dredd. it's not my picture though.

#28 Posted by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

Since this isn't the dream cabinet thread, and I'd have to pick something universal that everyone could enjoy....

#29 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (1990 posts) -

Third Strike, Smash TV, Guilty Gear Accent Core, Galaga...

This is why I want to be successful; the ability to buy stupid shit because I can. The American Dream, right.

#30 Posted by PenguinDust (12483 posts) -

Déjà vu! Anyway the answer is still a Centipede or a Millipede cabinet with trackball, of course.

#31 Posted by JeanLuc (3577 posts) -

I've always dreamed of a Mortal Kombat 2 machine as a kid. My more recent pick would be a (not released as of now) Persona 4: The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena machine. That's assuming the cabinet looks kickass.

#32 Posted by zus (67 posts) -

Virtua Fighter 4,

#33 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

The only fond memories I have of arcades are that old T2 Aerosmith light gun game, but if I owned it I would beat it and be tired of it in no time. Would like to have a pinbal machine though. No one in particular.

#34 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1177 posts) -

Food Fight or Lucky and Wild

#35 Posted by mmzOne (276 posts) -

I think Sega R360 would be nice to own. It would be cool if you could somehow rig a modern flight sim to it.

#36 Posted by Bribo (598 posts) -

Stargate (AKA Defender 2) or Smash TV.

#37 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

Street Fighter II Champion Edition

#38 Posted by weegieanawrench (1937 posts) -

I have fond memories of a Galaga cocktail cabinet at a restaurant at Queen's Quay in Toronto. I would really like to get my mits on of those.

#39 Posted by AjayRaz (12424 posts) -

Third Strike or DOA2

#40 Posted by TooWalrus (13155 posts) -

@gakon said:

Galaga, because I'm 20 and incapable of having memories of arcades. (Note to older folks: there are people who have existed for two decades and yet can't claim to have lived during the glory days of real arcades.) But I like Galaga quite a bit; it tends to be my game of choice when faced with a Ms. Pac-Man/Galaga cabinet.

I'd go with Galaga as well, for personal reasons. My dad died when I was 6, and one of my fondest memories of him was watching him play Galaga at our local arcade (which is now a barns & noble). I specifically remember him showing me the double ship trick and stuff... good times.

#41 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Gotta be this, nostalgia overdrive.

#42 Posted by Sergotron (482 posts) -
#43 Posted by President_Barackbar (3448 posts) -

Ms. Pac-Man cocktail cabinet.

#44 Edited by Commisar123 (1790 posts) -

I would get either a Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, because I really like that game, or an original Mortal Kombat

#45 Posted by Dagbiker (6957 posts) -

time cop

#46 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

There was this Spped Racer racing game I saw once that was really cool because it had this entire seated enclosure- in essence a little car- that you sat in and that was super dope, so either that or Lucky and Wild.

#47 Posted by rentfn (1279 posts) -

Adams Family Pinball or APB

#48 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

Not technically an arcade machine, but I'd love to have a Star Trek: TNG pinball machine! There was one in the hotel where I had my first job, and I lost hundreds of quarters to that thing!

#49 Posted by Zurgfrog (153 posts) -

Killer instinct

#50 Posted by me3639 (1747 posts) -

Asteroids, or Gauntlet.