• 0 results
#1 Posted by Fbomb (1167 posts) -
#2 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

I vote district 9.

Then I think you should take Knowing and make a fire.

#3 Posted by JoelTGM (5591 posts) -

District 9 and Public Enemies

#4 Posted by Fbomb (1167 posts) -

Typically I don't buy DVDs, because I rarely will re-watch a movie, but these averaged about $3 per, so I just grabbed a bunch that were left.
Also, for those counting, there are 20 DVDs on that list... I've owned Street Kings for over a year now, and still haven't watched it, so I thought I'd add it in.

#5 Posted by Fbomb (1167 posts) -
@Ineedaname said:
" I vote district 9.  Then I think you should take Knowing and make a fire. "
It's really that bad? I'm pretty sure there's going to be some terrible picks in there (Management, Whiteout, Fighting, for example), but I thought, what the hell...
#6 Edited by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@Fbomb: Street kings isn't a bad film, it would actually be really good if it wasn't for a certain terrible actor.

(You were in before my post!)

To answer, I thought it was pretty terrible, and I don't mind good old Cage, I just thought it was fairly crappy, there's a few good effects though.
#7 Posted by PerryVandell (2100 posts) -

Distirct 9 and The Hangover are pretty good.

#8 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

District 9, Hangover, Ninja Assasin

#9 Posted by MonetaryDread (1951 posts) -

You will probably enjoy Knowing more than Fighting, although, it does have a few somewhat-decent fight scenes.

#10 Edited by Fbomb (1167 posts) -

Holy hell... District 9 is running away with this one. 
Funny thing is, I paid for a movie ticket to see it, then had to leave before the movie started. When it came to DVD, I rented it, but never had a chance to watch it before taking it back. At this point I'm not even all that pumped up about it anymore, but if that's what's picked, I think I'll finally watch what I've now paid for 3 times.

#11 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

everyone likes district 9 a bunch... when i rented it i couldnt stand watching it i thought it was really dumb and boring... 

i voted for public enemies though!

#12 Posted by Fbomb (1167 posts) -
@MonetaryDread: Fighting is the one I'm almost dreading. I've been into Martial arts my whole life, understand boxing & MMA at a very technical level, so am easily offended by bad movie fighting (unless it's Chuck Norris fighting a bear). Still, I'm willing to gut it out to see if I can be entertained. 

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Tunnel Rats--it's directed by one, Uwe Boll. I didn't know that until I got it home and read the box, but man, that one is frightening.
#13 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

In The Loop is the best one there. Whiteout, Public Enemies and District 9 are some of the worst films I saw last year.

#14 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

District 9. That movie is amazing.

#15 Posted by Karmum (11509 posts) -

Some good choices in there, but I'd start with District 9. Very, very solid movie, imo.

#16 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@shadows_kill said:
" everyone likes district 9 a bunch... when i rented it i couldnt stand watching it i thought it was really dumb and boring...   "
Agreed. 

I vote The Invention of Lying. it was hilarious and had a brilliant idea.
#17 Posted by I_smell (3926 posts) -

Fighting.

It's called "FIGHTING". It must be awesome!

#18 Posted by Xolare (1257 posts) -

District 9. I also heard 500 Days of Summer was a nice movie to watch with a girlfriend.

#19 Posted by Evilsbane (4332 posts) -
@Fbomb:  I voted Hangover because I just watched that movie again last night and it is fantastic A classic in modern times. District 9 was really really good to though. Oh and just a bit of advice take Funny People and throw it like a ninja star into the nearest trash compacter.
#20 Posted by JDUB_XL (460 posts) -
@Fbomb said:
(unless it's Chuck Norris fighting a bear)  
You ain't seen nothing until you seen Lou Ferrigno fight a bear! 

Also, you should totally go with District 9 dude :)
#21 Posted by Jimbo (9708 posts) -

Wow, no wonder they went out of business with stock like that.

#22 Posted by Fbomb (1167 posts) -
@JDUB_XL:  Hahaha.. That was incredible. I don't even know where to start... I wish that was one of the movies that I had bought now.
#23 Posted by Fbomb (1167 posts) -
@Jimbo said:
" Wow, no wonder they went out of business with stock like that. "
Well, to be honest, I had no idea the rental place was going out of business. I wandered into a mostly empty store, and saw that they had a shelf of DVDs for ridiculously cheap, and said why not? It had already been picked through quite a bit, and I took 5 minutes to create a pile from what was available still that I hadn't seen, and bam! That's the list. In any other circumstance there's a bunch of those that I never would have seen, but now I will. Like Ryan's TANG, this is the mountain I built for myself, that I'll have to face myself.
#24 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Street Kings and Ninja Assassins.

#25 Posted by raiz265 (2232 posts) -

Uwe Bolls Tunnel Rats? 

Tunnel Rats.

#26 Posted by Fbomb (1167 posts) -
@raiz265 said:
" Uwe Bolls Tunnel Rats?  Tunnel Rats. "
Yeah--I didn't know it was pumped out by the Boll factory until I got it home. If I did--who am I kidding, I would have still bought it, but for all the wrong reasons.
#27 Posted by Shocker (2339 posts) -

District 9 for sure. DO NOT WATCH FIGHTING. Horrible horrible horrible.

#28 Posted by HatKing (5557 posts) -

(500) Days of Summer is probably the best movie of the bunch.  Away We Go is pretty good too, and a unique style for Sam Mendes.
#29 Posted by Fbomb (1167 posts) -
@Shocker said:
" District 9 for sure. DO NOT WATCH FIGHTING. Horrible horrible horrible. "
The problem is, that I like Luiz Guzman, so it's his fault that I decided to buy this movie. If he can deliver, it'll be worth it despite Tatum Channing being involved.
#30 Posted by JJOR64 (18782 posts) -

Ninja Assassin because I like ninjas.   :)

#31 Posted by Thrae (50 posts) -

500 Days of Summer. Not sure why I liked it so much.

#32 Posted by Chyro (353 posts) -

District 9.

Ninja Assassin is probably one of the worst movies I've seen this year.  It's a action movie that predominately uses CGI and it looks horrible.  Fuck that movie. 

#33 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

(500) Days of Summer, I just watched it and it's the best movie of 2009 easily, freakin amazing. 

#34 Posted by jakob187 (21503 posts) -

Tunnel Rats.  We need to know how genuinely bad that movie is.

#35 Posted by OneManFreakShow (98 posts) -

I'm just going to throw this out there: The Hangover isn't funny. The closest I got to laughing was a grin.

#36 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11000 posts) -

The Hangover is one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long while.  Other than that, the only other movies that I would consider "good" are District 9 and (500) Days of Summer. Really, from what I have seen, everything else on that list... not so great.

#37 Posted by cravins90 (118 posts) -
@Fbomb said:
" @Ineedaname said:
It's really that bad? I'm pretty sure there's going to be some terrible picks in there (Management, Whiteout, Fighting, for example), but I thought, what the hell... "
I actually liked it better than most people. Sure, it's got problems, like a terrible ending, but there are a few pretty intense moments. Anyway, it's not as bad as Next.
#38 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6788 posts) -

Dude, District 9.  Amazing movie.

#39 Posted by Jeust (10334 posts) -
@raiz265 said:
" Uwe Bolls Tunnel Rats?  Tunnel Rats. "
î
#40 Posted by ozzdog12 (845 posts) -

District 9

#41 Posted by Fbomb (1167 posts) -
@cravins90 said:
" @Fbomb said:
" @Ineedaname said:
It's really that bad? I'm pretty sure there's going to be some terrible picks in there (Management, Whiteout, Fighting, for example), but I thought, what the hell... "
I actually liked it better than most people. Sure, it's got problems, like a terrible ending, but there are a few pretty intense moments. Anyway, it's not as bad as Next. "

This is exactly why I picked up some of the movies I've heard are bad. I might be one of the people that enjoy them.
#42 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@cravins90 said:
" @Fbomb said:
" @Ineedaname said:
I actually liked it better than most people. Sure, it's got problems, like a terrible ending, but there are a few pretty intense moments. Anyway, it's not as bad as Next. "
Oh God, I actually forgot about the ending, that's a sign in itself.
#43 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -

The Hangover and District 9, then chuck the rest of that shit out. Especially Invention of Lying.

#44 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -
@Fbomb:  I actually watched Management and thought it was alright. Nothing mindblowing, but okay for what it was.

Anyway, D-9, 500 Days of Summer and The Hangover are top priority. For the rest, just go with what you feel most interested in.
#45 Posted by rjayb89 (7713 posts) -

Man, I loved seeing those two dudes you want to see dead in District 9 fucking die.  I yelled "fuck yeah" each time.  True story, guys.

#46 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

Holy hell, you got a ton of great movies there. District 9 was my favorite movie last year, so I'd go with that one. With the exception of Ninja Assassin (which is garbage) and Whiteout (which I hear is pretty bad as well), all of the movies there are of good to excellent quality. Knowing is also awesome- yes, it has its haters, but it's a damn fine movie with a fantastic disaster sequence that was better than anything in 2012. Funny People is a very interesting, funny, sweet movie, In The Loop I hear is hilarious, Public Enemies is solid...man I'm excited for you to get through all these films!

#47 Posted by Red12b (9044 posts) -

Fuck everything else, see In the Loop now, it is one of the smartest funniest movies I have seen in a looong time, the writing is superb,  

Mary Antoinette and her lubricated Horse cock, let them eat Cock,  

I told you to fuck off, what are you still doin' here? Kid, if I tell you too fuck off what will you do? err, eff off sir? good boy, you'll go far, now Fuck Off,   

You can fuck off, oh that’s right you don't like swear words do you well you are a eff star star Cunt! 

All coming from the mouth of a very pissed off Scotsman, 

Awesome. 

#48 Posted by DarknessMyOldFriend (179 posts) -

That really is a fantastic haul.  I mean, half of them are trash, but a bunch are owners.

As you can see from the voting though, District 9 is the easiest win of the bunch.    District 9 is one of those movies where if you don't like it it's not an indication that something is wrong with the movie, it's an indication that something is wrong with you.

In The Loop, Invention of Lying, Funny People, 500 Days of Summer, and The Hangover (in order from most to least British) are all solid owners though.

#49 Posted by dutch42 (533 posts) -
@Fullmetal216 said:
"Distirct 9 and The Hangover are pretty good. "

these are the only two on the list that I've actually seen so I guess these would be my recommendations also
#50 Posted by natetodamax (19136 posts) -

I chose The Hangover.