#1 Edited by DetectiveSpecial (464 posts) -

Hey everyone - I'm posting some images from last nights Chicago gathering in this new thread. It was a great time, and I am silently ashamed with myself for having never gone to Headquarters in the decade I've lived in the city. Everyone who came out was great, with a special thanks to @clarkers for masterminding the whole shindig. If anyone wants a higher resolution file of an image, shoot me a message and I can send it your way.

EDIT: This is not a question, and I obviously have no idea how to work forums. So it goes.

The only caveat is that the lighting was not optimal, and the majority of the pictures were blurry garbage. Some of the ones I'm posting are still a little fuzzy, but we'll do the best with what we've got.

#2 Posted by mrpandaman (872 posts) -

Loving those beards and this looked like a great time :D

#3 Posted by MarkOnFire (72 posts) -

+1 for including a shot of that can of Old Chub. I was trying to remember the name of that beer later in the weekend and all I could come up with was "Husband's Bulge," which seemed like a less likely name for a scotch ale. Or anything, really.

#4 Posted by spookytapes (269 posts) -

This place looks awesome.

#5 Posted by Zaccheus (1805 posts) -

I'm jealous as fuck.

#6 Edited by Ono_Sendai (82 posts) -

These photos are great, you have much skill!

Can't wait to do it again, guys!

@detectivespecial can I get the whole batch in high-res?

#7 Posted by DetectiveSpecial (464 posts) -

@ono_sendai: Yes sir - message me your email and I'll send them your way.

#8 Edited by mtfikhan (115 posts) -

These are amazing. Long Live Taswel

#9 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3808 posts) -

Looking good guys, I think @rorie mentioned something about getting a pm of any pics of these meetups in one of his previous posts.

#10 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6402 posts) -

Man, this looked awesome. Wish Patrick would have showed up.

#11 Edited by Brackynews (4094 posts) -

If I didn't know better I would've thought this was a Brad Muir cosplay party. ;)

Cool duders.

#12 Posted by The_Grindilow (433 posts) -

Looked awesome duders. What a community we have here. UK meetup anyone.....

#13 Posted by Slique (132 posts) -

Damn, that's fantastic. I'm envious I couldn't be there. Nicely done, chaps. Nicely done.

#14 Posted by BaconBuTTy (175 posts) -

I'd probably go to a UK meet up.

#15 Posted by Brenderous (1103 posts) -

Awesome. Let's do this, Edmonton.

#16 Posted by Gamer_152 (14109 posts) -

Nice pictures, looks like you guys had a great time.

#17 Posted by ottoman673 (568 posts) -

This makes me want to start organizing a Michigan meetup. Looks like a great time, guys!

#18 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1832 posts) -

Oh man, thanks for posting these. I had a great time hanging out with all you guys! Plus, that place we were at is fucking AWESOME. I definitely need to go back there before the summer's over.

#19 Posted by MutieLover (36 posts) -

How does one join?

#20 Edited by fetchfox (1360 posts) -

This looked like a lot of fun, I wish I could have participated (but living on the other side of the world is kind of a hindrance).

#21 Posted by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

Awww.... That poster's fucking awesome!

#22 Posted by Clarkers (26 posts) -

So glad someone had the bright idea to bring a camera! If it weren't for @detectivespecial, the event would be lost to memory. Big thanks to everyone for coming out, and for everyone who couldn't, August plans are in the works!

#23 Posted by mitchell486 (115 posts) -

I'm really sorry I missed this. I was in town that night but my flight was SO close to it, I couldn't make it. I drank quite a few beers in the airport waiting on my plane though. I miss you Ryan. Glad everyone remembered him for us all. Great job guys!

#24 Posted by Nightriff (5335 posts) -

Looked like a fun time, wish i could've gone but I'm not in Chicago

#25 Posted by Grilledcheez (3957 posts) -

Awesome stuff, looks like a high quality group of people!

#26 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

I think my beard would have fit in perfectly.

#27 Posted by Zero_ (1977 posts) -

Damn... the Melbourne PAXAus one had more people, but we need to step up our game with the photos!

#28 Edited by TehBuLL (613 posts) -

Ugh sucks I had to work. If I'd known I could meet 7 different Will Smiths I would have called off.

Edit: keep me posted on August!

#29 Posted by kalmia64 (100 posts) -

Oh man, the dude in the blue shirt is definitely channeling his inner Brad Muir!

#30 Edited by ajamafalous (12147 posts) -

Looks awesome guys.

#31 Edited by Agent_Eli (140 posts) -

What?! this happened? I totally would have gone!

I gotta keep my on the forums more.

Edit: also, did anyone consider going to Emporium (AKA that arcade bar in the middle of hipster central)?
It's pretty fun as well.

#32 Edited by big_jon (5782 posts) -

That's awesome guys

#33 Posted by YOUNGLINK (552 posts) -

Damn I could have totally made it if I didnt work that day. I just live in Aurora, so I can make it to any future meet ups.

#34 Posted by BigJeffrey (5173 posts) -

I love them Beards

#35 Posted by EnemaEms (162 posts) -

@clarkers said:

So glad someone had the bright idea to bring a camera! If it weren't for @detectivespecial, the event would be lost to memory. Big thanks to everyone for coming out, and for everyone who couldn't, August plans are in the works!

I would love to go to the next one. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

#36 Posted by seanord (111 posts) -

Nice work gents.

#37 Posted by DudeSupreme (214 posts) -

I need to check this place out when I fly back home this month.

Have you guys tried to get Patrick to show out for something like this?

#38 Posted by johannes (59 posts) -

Awesome. Just awesome.

#39 Posted by SecondPersonShooter (619 posts) -

Damn I could have totally made it if I didnt work that day. I just live in Aurora, so I can make it to any future meet ups.

Just had the crazy realization that I am not the only Giant Bomber in my city. A-town represent.

#40 Edited by GaspoweR (3489 posts) -

@clarkers: @detectivespecial: Thanks for sharing guys ;_;

I was pretty bummed that I missed out on the meet-up and I wasn't able to go this time. Hopefully I can go on the next meet up! It looked like everyone had a grand time. :)

#41 Posted by csl316 (9428 posts) -

I could've went and did not. But this was probably super awesome.

#42 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2120 posts) -

I would love to join you guys for the next one, it looked super awesome! I am a couple hours away which stinks, but on top of that, work has been kind of crazy.

#43 Edited by Disaya (290 posts) -

Cool that you ladies and gents got to meet up, seemed like a good time.

#44 Posted by armaan8014 (5443 posts) -

Good pics!

#45 Edited by MarkOnFire (72 posts) -

@bigjeffrey said:

I love them Beards

In this time of uncertainty and woe, having affirmations about my life choices fills me with hope and joy.