• 79 results
Posted by Babylonian (837 posts) -

Hey, how do you guys feel about competitions? Do you feel pretty good about 'em? Please say yes.

Basically, we're holding a totally ridiculous intern event called the Internalympics. It'll be a one-off video series wherein the other three Whiskey Media interns and I compete in four-player, free-for-all local multiplayer games. We're not ready to commit quite yet to which games you'll see (we've made our decision on which games we'll potentially play, but a lot of it comes down to availability), but expect a moderately wide variety of genres to be represented.

So where do you guys come in? I'm glad you asked, actually! This office is practically brimming with weird, cool, game-related things, and we've been looking for an excuse to mail some of that stuff far, far away from here. So yeah! Prizes! For you guys! For free!!

How do you qualify to win these glorious prizes? Well, we're going by Scrub League rules, gents. That means this: simply vote right here on which intern you think will win the competition right here, and we'll select our winners from those of you shrewd enough to pick the winningist intern. Winners begetting winners. Isn't that beautiful?

Anyways, yeah! Expect the first episode of Internalympics to go up on the official Giant Bomb YouTube channel beginning next week. Hugz 'n kissezzzz!

#1 Posted by Babylonian (837 posts) -

Hey, how do you guys feel about competitions? Do you feel pretty good about 'em? Please say yes.

Basically, we're holding a totally ridiculous intern event called the Internalympics. It'll be a one-off video series wherein the other three Whiskey Media interns and I compete in four-player, free-for-all local multiplayer games. We're not ready to commit quite yet to which games you'll see (we've made our decision on which games we'll potentially play, but a lot of it comes down to availability), but expect a moderately wide variety of genres to be represented.

So where do you guys come in? I'm glad you asked, actually! This office is practically brimming with weird, cool, game-related things, and we've been looking for an excuse to mail some of that stuff far, far away from here. So yeah! Prizes! For you guys! For free!!

How do you qualify to win these glorious prizes? Well, we're going by Scrub League rules, gents. That means this: simply vote right here on which intern you think will win the competition right here, and we'll select our winners from those of you shrewd enough to pick the winningist intern. Winners begetting winners. Isn't that beautiful?

Anyways, yeah! Expect the first episode of Internalympics to go up on the official Giant Bomb YouTube channel beginning next week. Hugz 'n kissezzzz!

#2 Posted by Mento (2415 posts) -

I bet on Ben figuring there's always going to be weightlifting in anything Olympics related. I should've read the rules more carefully.

Well, hopefully there'll be some trivia games in there. Not that I'm not 100% certain that Ben will win every game now, since I'm backing him.

Moderator Online
#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (35833 posts) -

Not sure how this works. Do I have to pay anything? It sounds a bit like I'd have to pay, from what the website says.

#4 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5137 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
Not sure how this works. Do I have to pay anything? It sounds a bit like I'd have to pay, from what the website says.
Just click on Betting Window and Create a new Bettor.  They only ask your name and e-mail. 

My bet is on you Kessler.  Do not disappoint me.
#5 Edited by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

Ben all the way. I have no idea how good at video games he is, but I'm hoping if he starts losing he'll just kill everyone in real life and win by default.

#6 Posted by Animasta (14637 posts) -

Nick, you goon, DON'T LET ME DOWN

#7 Posted by RTSlord (1198 posts) -

PACK MAN 4 LIFE!!!!! ben's gonna rock it, although i feel like kessler would be a strong favorite. If ranger steve wasnt doing something amazing and were available, i would bet on him

#8 Posted by Vager (1653 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Doesn't require any money. Everyone gets 1 point to bet on whom ever they think is going to win.

#9 Posted by MEATBALL (3017 posts) -

Go Babylonian!

#10 Posted by L1GHTN1N (436 posts) -

Putting my faith into Lemon, let's hope it's well-placed!

#11 Posted by Fripplebubby (1027 posts) -

Stevie boy, you win me some useless internet spacebucks! 

#12 Posted by ShaggE (6295 posts) -

Always bet on Nick. 

#13 Posted by Natedogg2 (444 posts) -

I put all my money on this Matt Kessler guy. Seems like the right thing to do.

And for some odd reason, I want to see them play Mario Party. That also feels like one of the right games to play.

#14 Posted by crusader8463 (14411 posts) -

I just went all in on Kessler. I also voted for Kessler in this betting thing.

#15 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -

Thanks everyone who voted for me.

I apologize in advance.

#16 Posted by Tebbit (4447 posts) -

My pseudo-internet-money is on Ben, he's got the steely glint of a winner in his eyes.

#17 Posted by Trace (3543 posts) -

I'm sticking to my moderator-driven strategy of betting for one of the least popular choices, which looks like it might be Lemon at this rate.

It's a tried and true tactic. I've lost every time!

#18 Posted by tsiro (214 posts) -

@GlenTennis said:

Thanks everyone who voted for me.

I apologize in advance.

This is the kind of confidence that I'm looking for! Too bad I already voted for Kessler.

#19 Posted by MattyFTM (14328 posts) -

I've bet for Kessler. Not because because I think he'll win, but because it'll give me a good reason to berate him when he loses.

#20 Edited by Thor_Molecules (732 posts) -

Don't let me down, Ramirez!

Also, I want them to play Power Stone 2 on the Dreamcast. It's the best multiplayer brawler of all time.

#21 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

Gotta go with Ben. Don't fuck this up for me, man. I need this.

#22 Posted by EuanDewar (4690 posts) -

Ben pronounced my name Euan Deahoraw.

SO HE GETS MY VOTE

#23 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5374 posts) -

You can do it, Matt!

#24 Posted by rmanthorp (3854 posts) -

BENMASTERBEN! DO IT!

#25 Posted by Matoya (416 posts) -

Steve for life

#26 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1639 posts) -

Don't fail me Mr. Robinson. I want free stuff.

#27 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

Voted for Ben. Here's hoping Lemon doesn't cheat us out of the competition...

#28 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3001 posts) -

Don't let me down, Kessler!

#29 Posted by A_Dog (743 posts) -

All the marbles on Big Ben.

#30 Posted by Redbullet685 (6021 posts) -

C'mon Kessler!

#31 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

Steve has shown that he is not afraid to get his hands dirty to win, I bet on Steve.

#32 Posted by Thor_Molecules (732 posts) -

@Little_Socrates: All is fair in love and war! *wink*

#33 Posted by Devoid (429 posts) -

C'mon Nick, daddy needs a new..-oh, to hell with it, just win!

#34 Posted by NathHaw (2760 posts) -

Kessler gets my vote, and he better be practicing. I hope he isn't spending too much time on Farmville.

#35 Posted by Soffish (139 posts) -

Always bet on Lemon.

#36 Edited by Yummylee (21208 posts) -

Nick's a fast talking squirrelly motherfucker, and I'm hoping that'll play into his reflexes. Although there is Lemon and his nefarious scum-baggery cheating ways... Ben is clearly ready to just blow a fuse and massacre everyone, and Kessler... well Kessler will give it his all and just try his best. And still lose. 

Ehhh, I'll give it to you, Nick.

#37 Posted by Thor_Molecules (732 posts) -

Related to "Sex Olympics"?

What did I just bet on?

#38 Posted by sirdesmond (1234 posts) -

I went with Kessler on this one. I'm definitely not confident that he will win, but I wanted him to have my vote regardless.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see Steve pull it off.

#39 Posted by Maystack (902 posts) -

I basically know nothing of any of the interns, but I went for Steve. His latest sabotagery made me think that he has the motivation to win at anything.

#40 Posted by Turambar (6641 posts) -

Crush'em Kingtern,

#41 Posted by dungbootle (2454 posts) -

Ben 4 lyfe.

#42 Posted by Keenblaze (469 posts) -

I don't really know why, but I bet for Nick. 

I'VE GOT MY LIFE SAVINGS RIDING ON YOU NOW, NICK.

#43 Posted by Babylonian (837 posts) -

Whoa! Impossibly enough, I've moved up to second and I'm only two votes behind Ben! Thanks, guys! <3

#44 Posted by Suedehead (110 posts) -

Does Kessler wear the same god damn polo shirt every day?

#45 Posted by SSully (4118 posts) -

I vote Kessler. After the shit Lemon pulled on him on bettering the farmville he better get retribution for all of us rooting for bodega butt barn.

#46 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

Will be neat to watch, I just wish I cared about the personalities of the interns. They seem like they are trying to hard to act in front of the camera. I don't mind their articles or anything, those are great, but when the camera is recording either their image or voice it seems like playacting.

Still, will be fun.

#47 Posted by Management (596 posts) -

"Ramirez!" "Something from Modern Warfare 2"

I have no idea how good any of the interns are at actually playing video games, we'll see.

#48 Edited by Lightningproof (111 posts) -

Ben, harness that warrior blood and tear the sky asunder.

Also, win, please.

#49 Posted by Banggoo (109 posts) -

Ben is the tallest therefore he will win!

#50 Posted by Sparklykiss (1935 posts) -

Oh gosh, Neckbeard or famous British landmark?

...Hm. Sorry, Kessler, I'm going to have to go with Big Ben again.