Play Asia.com

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Captain_Insano

I am getting pretty sick of games prices here at home ($100 AUS for Left 4 Dead even still now) so I'm looking at other locations.
Coming across play asia.com I have heard some good things but just have a few inquiries and questions. I am not too worried about region locking, they seem pretty clear on the information about that but I just want to know a couple of things.
1) Will the games arrive to me in English? Other languages won't be helpful
2) Are these guys reliable or not? How are your experiences with them?

Cheers

C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By C2C

1) depends on the language of the game you ordered.  Last time I chesked they had lots of games in English.

2) From my experience, they are very reliable.  All of the stuff I ordered from there arrived to me in a timely manner and in good condition.  I do live in the US though, so I don't know if Australians would have to wait longer or something.    
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By vidiot

I've only bought game soundtracks from them, and from what I can tell, they are pretty reliable. The only issue I've had is that it takes a while for the stuff to get here, but that's due to me not wanting to shell out for a crazy shipping fee.

I would assume that the English language versions of the games you would purchase there are the same as regular English language versions. NTSC versions and such, I think it should be listed.

Everything that I have heard from friends who are gamers who reside in AUS, in terms of prices and your hilarious rating system, I think looking to start importing games is a smart move. Unless of course, I am deeply mistaken.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By 71Ranchero

Well the website is called PlayAsia, so its not likely your best place to find english games. They may have some english games but they are a store designed to sell import games(and other import merch) so I can only imagine that most of there games are not in english.

As for reliability, yes they are. They are one of the biggest import title dealers around.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By oldschool

I just received my latest game from Playasia today, Magical Starsign for the DS.  I am a very satisfied and regular customer.  If you want any extra information, PM me.

Here is what I do know as an Australian who imports from Playasia:
  • The PS3 has no region coding, so you can order anything.  Many Japanese games do have English subtitles and are usually stated.
  • The 360 has a mixture of region and non region coding.  They have a list to work from.  Like the PS3, there are many Japanese games that have English subtitles and they areusually stated.
  • The Wii has full region coding.  Unless you have a modded Wii or a Freeloader plus no updates done on your Wii, you cannot play any imported games on your Wii.  (I have an American Wii, so I import my NTSC Wii games).
  • The DS has no region coding, so you can import anything.  The vast majority of Japanese games are very difficult to navigate and extrememly few have English subtitles (some Phoenix Wright do for example).  Any DS game that has Wii connectivity will not work if you import a NTSC DS game and try to connect it to a PAL Wii game (I found out the hard way when my NTSC Animal Crossing data could not be used on my PAL Wii game).
  • The PSP is the same as the DS.
  • The site has US and Japanese games (plus Korea and China).  They clearly state which country they are for.
  • Pick the cheapest postage.  I do and have never had a problem - $3 to $4 US.
Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Captain_Insano

cheers for the advice everyone, it's greatly appreciated