I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By I_smell

Yo dawgs.
I made this game recently that tokk me like 3 or 4 months to make. It's FINALLY finished now and up on the net. I'm gettin alot of user reviews from the site that it's on an they're startin to get me down. So I just thought I'd throw it out to a different audience, and see what you guys think.

CRUNCHDOWN
It's a side-scrolling brawler that's basically a cross between Streets of Rage and Kirby.
Anyone wanna tell me what ya think I'd appreciate it.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail

I'm gonna give it a shot.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

It's pretty good. I like the art a lot, and the music is fantastic. The only gripes I have are that the combat is a little wonky at times, and it's pretty easy to get locked into seemingly infinite combos and die. Other than that, cool game.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the game NEEDS a block button.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kush

First of all...I'm not a dawg, nor am I your dawg. Secondly...I find your concept to be interesting, but I don't think the game pulled it off successfully. I find the writing to be laughably horrible and the game runs a bit slow in my opinion too. It just wasn't as responsive as I would have liked...and I just didn't find it to be all that fun.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By I_smell

Thanks for the review dawg.

drsalvador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By drsalvador

just watched the intro, it made me laugh (in a good sense not saying i laughed at it cause i thought it was bad I found it funny).

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Snail

I'm gonna be honest with you, I didn't like it. the game is really slow paced, the text is awful, the cutscenes suck. Sorry.

Shasam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Shasam

I don't mean to cause offense...but did you test this? Because the eating mechanic seems a little wonky (I couldn't get stuff half the time) and the combat just turned in to me being surrounded by 4 guys getting pummeled on without being able to fight back. The design is nice, the concept is cool, but the actually mechanics and game play just don't seem to work well enough to be enjoyable, which is what you want really.

drsalvador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By drsalvador

Yeah combats a little slow but i found the dialog funny... guess I'm just immature

drsalvador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By drsalvador
Shasam said:
"I don't mean to cause offense...but did you test this? Because the eating mechanic seems a little wonky (I couldn't get stuff half the time) and the combat just turned in to me being surrounded by 4 guys getting pummeled on without being able to fight back. The design is nice, the concept is cool, but the actually mechanics and game play just don't seem to work well enough to be enjoyable, which is what you want really."

agreed.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By brukaoru

i don't know if it was just me, but I found it extremely hard to pick up items, I was just randomly able to pick them up after trying many times pressing one of the main buttons. The art, sound effects and music are great, but the gameplay needs to be tweaked.

MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By MisterSpiffy
brukaoru said:
"i don't know if it was just me, but I found it extremely hard to pick up items, I was just randomly able to pick them up after trying many times pressing one of the main buttons. The art, sound effects and music are great, but the gameplay needs to be tweaked."
Yeah, I had that problem too.  I dig the music/art, though.
theshadow027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By theshadow027

I like the concept a lot but I'd like it a bit more if you tweaked the gameplay as people said above me. The intro made me laugh and I loved the music though.

whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By whackmypinata

It was awesome. Not perfect, but awesome.
I liked the ideas of munching things. The combat is a little slow, but it works. And the dialogs/cutscenes were great.
 By the way, I wouldn't listen to half the people on the net; especially Newgrounds.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By jakob187

Couldn't get it to launch.  Most Newgrounds stuff does that to me.  Sorry I couldn't offer a critique for ya.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Emilio

Gameplay is a bit slow for me, but it was okay for all 5 mins that I played. I skipped the intro, so thank you for adding a skip button.

I just think you need to make it a bit more efficient so it runs better and really come down with a good design.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tekmojo

all flash and no substance, good start tho, just needs to be faster

Carlos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Carlos

Yo dawg that was nice I liked the abilities you can gain, they be tight, I destroyed that ruck with my mingun yo :D

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Player1
Kush said:
"First of all...I'm not a dawg, nor am I your dawg. Secondly...I find your concept to be interesting, but I don't think the game pulled it off successfully. I find the writing to be laughably horrible and the game runs a bit slow in my opinion too. It just wasn't as responsive as I would have liked...and I just didn't find it to be all that fun.
"
Exactly my problems with the game. Make it faster, the combat for interesting, get rid of the whole "ghetto dialogue, and you may have something. The SHIT and FUCK's are just over the top. 
Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bulldog19892

The art, the music (although very repetitive), the concepts, and the sound effects were great. The writing was terrible though, and the gameplay was waaay too slow. Needs to run faster, the character needs to move faster, the animations need to finish quicker, (I frequently found myself repeatedly pressing A to do my one and only combo, only to find that I misjudged my position in relation to my enemy and I'd have to sit and wait for him to stop punching before I could move again. Which brings me to my next point)

I hate that I have to stop moving in order to attack. He just stands in place and punches, why can't I run and do it at the same time? That simple change would make things so much more fun. However, eating stuff and turning into whatever I ate was pretty great, and frequently humorous. In short: awesome concept, great art, but clunky gameplay, and horrible writing.

deadpoool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By deadpoool

dude, i definitely think you should continue what you are doing, the games not excellent, but everyone starts somewhere, and i think theres definitely potential.

keep it up man, and don't let the lazy ass haters bring you down, how many of them have made a game?

=andy=