Playing: Minecraft and BioShock 2

yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By yoctoyotta

Building forts and playing with LEGOs are two of my favorite childhood activities, two itches that Minecraft scratches in a really crazy way. There's no actual game to be played here, but if digging staircases deep underground, discovering crazy water and lava filled caverns, and building gigantic towers in the sky isn't some of the most fun I've had in years, I may be losing my mind.

I've been digging BioShock 2 so far. I bought it on launch day and then never got around to playing it thanks to a ton of other games coming out around then. I'm happy to find I'm enjoying it more than some reviews would have led me to believe. I was blown away by the original BioShock, but I'm coming into 2 not expecting same, so I've been able to enjoy it for what it is, which is a pretty fun shooter. I'm playing through on Hard and with VitaChambers disabled, and its surprisingly almost more enjoyable than I remember the gameplay from the original BioShock being when I was taking advantage of the Normal difficulty and VitaChambers. There's something about being forced to use the tools at hand instead of the good old lightning/wrench combo that adds a lot of depth that's easy to otherwise avoid.

Next up on my list is the final Alan Wake DLC and possibly finish up Resonance of Fate if I run out of things to do before Fallout: New Vegas drops next week. Gran Turismo 5 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood are also must buys for me, but there's a least a dozen games starting with Enslaved and Castlevania: LOS and continuing to be released through the end of November that I'd really like to play.

yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By yoctoyotta

Building forts and playing with LEGOs are two of my favorite childhood activities, two itches that Minecraft scratches in a really crazy way. There's no actual game to be played here, but if digging staircases deep underground, discovering crazy water and lava filled caverns, and building gigantic towers in the sky isn't some of the most fun I've had in years, I may be losing my mind.

I've been digging BioShock 2 so far. I bought it on launch day and then never got around to playing it thanks to a ton of other games coming out around then. I'm happy to find I'm enjoying it more than some reviews would have led me to believe. I was blown away by the original BioShock, but I'm coming into 2 not expecting same, so I've been able to enjoy it for what it is, which is a pretty fun shooter. I'm playing through on Hard and with VitaChambers disabled, and its surprisingly almost more enjoyable than I remember the gameplay from the original BioShock being when I was taking advantage of the Normal difficulty and VitaChambers. There's something about being forced to use the tools at hand instead of the good old lightning/wrench combo that adds a lot of depth that's easy to otherwise avoid.

Next up on my list is the final Alan Wake DLC and possibly finish up Resonance of Fate if I run out of things to do before Fallout: New Vegas drops next week. Gran Turismo 5 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood are also must buys for me, but there's a least a dozen games starting with Enslaved and Castlevania: LOS and continuing to be released through the end of November that I'd really like to play.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By LackingSaint

Nice job with those; they're both pretty superb games.

Voldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Voldy

Minecraft is great.

Bioshock 2? I completed the first one in a matter of days, picked up the second one recently but could never really get into it... no idea why, just didn't seem to click like the original did. I can see myself installing it again soon but we'll see... would need to complete it before New Vegas!

FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FlyingRat
@Raymayne said:
" Who do you think gives a fuck? :| At least make this a blog post if you think anyone out there gives a damn  "
Is it just me or is every single post i've seen of this guy in the last two days or so been nothing but bitching and insulting people?
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#5  Edited By LordAndrew
@Raymayne said:
" Who do you think gives a fuck? :| At least make this a blog post if you think anyone out there gives a damn  "
It is a fucking blog post, cross-posted to the forums. You might be interested in disabling the display of blogs in the forums. Click the rainbow and choose to hide the blog topics you find so offensive.
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By BraveToaster
@Raymayne said:
U mad?
Chirag4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Chirag4
@Raymayne said:
Calm down there buddy.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax
@FlyingRat said:
" @Raymayne said:
Is it just me or is every single post i've seen of this guy in the last two days or so been nothing but bitching and insulting people? "
More than the last two days, actually.
Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Axxol said:

" @Raymayne said:

U mad? "
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iam3green

minecraft is alright. i play the free one that is browser based. it is pretty fun when i'm bored. i usually just make forts and then leave. i think i'm going to go play the game. 

i never played bioshock 2. i still need to finish the first one. i have a habit of buying games and never finishing them. i'll buy more games and more and never finish them. the only games that i finish are the ones that are like 5 hours long like modern warfare 2. i do enjoy longer single player games though.