#1 Posted by spyder335 (287 posts) -

most games where there is a choice whether to be evil or not i usually polay good guy, and on second play go evil.

What are the best bad guy games?

ive been playing overlord, I can see what they were going for but they really didnt go evil enough

#2 Edited by Tennmuerti (8012 posts) -
  • NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer
  • C&C games (NOD side)
  • Fallout 1&2
  • Baldur's Gate 2 + expansion
  • Syndicate (original)
  • Dungeon Keeper 2
  • Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
  • God of War games
  • Blood 2: The Chosen
  • GTA: Vice City
  • Hitman/Riddick games (tho their "badness" is debatable)
#3 Edited by Pie (7058 posts) -

Spec ops

#4 Edited by RonGalaxy (2908 posts) -

The Last of Us

#5 Posted by Maajin (1052 posts) -

You're pretty evil in Manhunt.

Also Shadow of the Colossus.

#6 Edited by TowerSixteen (542 posts) -

Guys, if he's looking at overlord and thinking "not evil enough" he doesn't want a morally complex character study, he wants a game where he can play as anywhere from Sauron to Captain Planet Villain, so " The Last of Us" and "Spec Ops" are not useful. Any suggestions more along those lines? I suppose if you don't hate the fable games, they let you do that to a degree. Most pre-ME Bioware games as well, especially KOTOR and Jade Empire.

#7 Posted by SunBroZak (1030 posts) -

You do pretty bad things in the Prototype games. God of War is kind of the classic example, though.

#8 Edited by TheHT (10929 posts) -
#9 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5268 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite

#10 Posted by Castiel (2539 posts) -

Dr. Luigi

Just kidding. I don't support the amount of Luigi hate on this site but I just couldn't resist.

#11 Posted by spyder335 (287 posts) -

has anyone played war for the overworld?

looks like pretty close to dungeon keeper

#12 Edited by Sammo21 (3214 posts) -

@castiel: Yeah, I really don't understand Luigi hate either. I think some people say they hate Luigi to feel like they are part of something but who knows.

#13 Posted by audioBusting (1481 posts) -

It feels good to refuse people into your country in Papers Please in a weird way. Civ V, Crusader Kings 2, and Princess Maker 2 come to mind too. And depending on your definition of "bad", The Secret World makes everyone play pretty interesting "bad guys".

#14 Posted by Gard3 (25 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption was pretty cool when you just wanted to cause trouble.

#15 Edited by alwaysbebombing (1539 posts) -

This is an interesting question for me because, I just can't play the bad guy in games. Ever. Unless it's something quirky or silly like Grand Theft Auto, I'm not ever able to play the bad guy. I tried in Fallout, but once I sent Megaton to hell, I had to just quit, delete my save, and back in as a good guy. I'm playing the DayZ Standalone right now, and I can't just run up to someone and shut their face off. In fact, if you come across me, I'll give you something to help you along your journey. I'm just that kind of guy, I guess.

#16 Edited by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad.

Borderlands 2 is pretty great. I consider it exatrated satire but i know a lot of people just dont like it. Hitman, And Deus Ex. All great for making you feel like you need to be bad to do good. I also really liked DmC Devil May Cry, but that was less you doing stuff, and more cut scenes. ( but it still felt great )

#17 Posted by Animasta (14650 posts) -

Nier?

#18 Edited by csl316 (8166 posts) -

In Starcraft you play campaigns as the Zerg. In Brood War, your time as Kerrigan makes you do some jerk things. It's awesome.

And this extends to the Warcraft series. The Undead, Arthas... not exactly performing rescue the village missions.

#19 Edited by kishinfoulux (2256 posts) -

Breath of Fire IV. Something I don't get why more games don't do. You play as both the protagonist AND the antagonist.

#20 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5339 posts) -

Scarface: The World is Yours. Basically this in game form:

#21 Posted by geirr (2483 posts) -

Elder Scrolls: anything

#22 Posted by Liquidus (946 posts) -

@sammo21 said:

@castiel: Yeah, I really don't understand Luigi hate either. I think some people say they hate Luigi to feel like they are part of something but who knows.

Because of 2013 being Year of Luigi and what a shit year it was.

#23 Posted by Sammo21 (3214 posts) -

@liquidus: I found 2013 to be pretty OK. Luigi's Mansion and New Luigi U (or whatever its called) were alright.

#24 Posted by MikeJFlick (438 posts) -

Sniper Elite series

#25 Posted by Veektarius (4639 posts) -

Jade Empire has some really twisted shit in it if you go evil.

#26 Edited by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

The Warhammer 40k Dawn of War games let you play evil factions like Chaos and Orks. Chaos are always down to do some fucked up things to people. The Postal games are all about being a killer going on a mass murdering rampage.

#27 Edited by Roger778 (955 posts) -

1. I enjoyed being the bad guy (with some doses of Paragon)while doing a renegade playthrough on all three Mass Effect Games

2. Hitman: Blood Money, and Absolution.

3. The Chronicles of Riddick Games.

#28 Edited by Viking_Funeral (1740 posts) -

• NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer
  • C&C games (NOD side)
  • Fallout 1&2
  • Baldur's Gate 2 + expansion
  • Syndicate (original)
  • Dungeon Keeper 2
  • Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
  • God of War games
  • Blood 2: The Chosen
  • GTA: Vice City
  • Hitman/Riddick games (tho their "badness" is debatable)

Well, damn. This guy got it in one go.

I'm a big fan of the KOTOR games, but their evil is more of the generic "Alright, I'll still do mostly the same quests, but I'm doing them for evil reasons! (like extra money!)" that can be found in a lot of games with a good/evil path.