#1 Edited by joshy9411 (310 posts) -

lets say your playing call of duty 4 online. You've just won a match and notice u have 27-odd seconds before the next match starts, and your reaaaaly hungry. you think to your self  "i have time to get some food right?" so you get up and run to the kitchen with one thing in mind "what can i play and eat at the same time?" Do you get a left over steak from last nights barbeque? or do u just get a pack of sour cream and sweet chilli chips? the coices are almost endless.

basicaly what im trying to say here is, is there any times when u have found it entirely necessary to eat and play a game at the same time, and im not talking about pausing to take a bite, i mean activly eating and playing at once, even if someone had to feed you!

let the posting begin!

#2 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I don't usually eat while playing, if I do, I'm taking a couple bites whenever there's a break in the action or loading or something. Generally I'd stay away from chips because they make your hands dirty. A sandwich or something is preferred. Cookies are also rad. Always rad.

#3 Posted by Kombat (2205 posts) -

All the time, but then again, I don't play online much.

#4 Posted by rokkis (74 posts) -

I've never eaten while playing a game. Not even when I played World of Warcraft.

#5 Posted by jasondaplock (260 posts) -

I will occasionally delve into bags of chips, but I generally separate my games from my food.

#6 Posted by Optiow (1745 posts) -

I sometimes do it, but it usually distracts me from playing the game.

#7 Posted by fugie7 (1105 posts) -

i do it sometimes.

#8 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -

Hmm... looking around, I obviously eat too much in front of this computer. I have an egg carton here, a McDonalds bag, various chips, a bunch of Nutrigrain Bars wrappers, bowls, plates, a few glasses, a bunch of cans, a mug, and Kraft American Cheese Singles wrappers.

I don't know if any of them were consumed while playing.

#9 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

yes i would have breakfast/lunch/dinner or a snack and drink juice or water all together and sometimes have tons of cookies all piled next to me as i play Battlefield 2 viciously

#10 Edited by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

Well, eating a bowl of fried rice with chopsticks(!) whilst playing a game (either with a gamepad or mouse) is quite challenging, i can tell you.
I like to eat while watching/reading reviews, articles etc. though.
I once borrowed the thermoelectric cool box from my parents and filled it with some cans of my favorite sodas, sandwiches, some fruit (watermelon, apple, already sectioned) in plastic containers and placed the box next to my PC rig because i wanted to play WoW all evening/night long without a break. (This must 've been in the summer of 2006)
As you can see, reasonably healthy food.(except for the sugar-laden sodas)

#11 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

oh god no...

#12 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Today I got Peggle on the iPhone for 99 cents.  I got on the toilet and played Peggle on the iPhone while I ate chocolate bars.

#13 Posted by natetodamax (19164 posts) -

I sometimes eat chips, but it's really messy and gross when I do so.

#14 Posted by joshy9411 (310 posts) -

i must say i gave eating with my feet a try...i wouldnt recomend it....

#15 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Yes all the time.

#16 Posted by Lyphen (75 posts) -

Only if I'm playing World of Warcraft or some other game with huge amounts of downtime. Otherwise, I'll just quit and eat.

#17 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -

I absolutely dispise people who eat while playing, it makes their controlers greasy and horrible (and imo, unplayable with) and when they then do it to my stuff I RAGE!!! It makes me so angry.

If I get hungry, I slog it out to a save point and shove a movie in before getting a meal or some snackfoods. Or if I have stuff in the house I can eat while holding onto the wrapper, or small crisps (hula hoops for example, salt and vinegar sticks etc) that I can just tip into my mouth without them touching my hands, that's fine too i'll do that while playing.

But greasy foods during play, fuck no, turns the controller into a bar of soap and you can never get a decent grip on it ever again, and it makes your clean hands dirty the next time you come back to it. Ughh. hell no.

#18 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

I regularly eat ice cream, crisps and pizza whilst playing Killzone 2.

#19 Posted by PenguinDust (12436 posts) -

I don't know how you can eat while playing something online, but I have snacked during cut-scenes of single-player games.  It depends on the game for me.  I have enjoyed chips & dip, cold pizza, chicken nuggets and even soup while playing some RPGs.  Hell, I hear that you could probably eat a full course meal during some of the cut-scenes in MGS4.  But the truth of the matter is, if you are "reaaaaly" hungry, you should probably hit pause and go eat something substantial rather than stuffing yourself with junk food.

#20 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

When I played WoW i did it all the time, don't eat and play when on my PS3 generally just PC sometimes during CS:S but generally nope.

#21 Edited by Canberra (1065 posts) -

I’m always drinking whilst I play first person shooters online to calm my nerves.  if you take your left hand off the controller you can still use your right hand to aim and shoot.

#22 Posted by Oedipus (72 posts) -
@joshy9411 said:
Do you get a left over steak from last nights barbeque?
Who the hell grills a steak and doesn't eat it? Shame on you!
#23 Posted by Osaladin (2514 posts) -

I never eat while playing, greasy controllers and keyboards drive me crazy. If I'm really that hungry, I'll stop playing for 15-30 minutes and go eat.

#24 Posted by skywing (1153 posts) -

the thing I hate most in the world is greasy controllers/keyboard so I try to keep from eating and playing games as much as possible.  If I do eat it's something that won't grease up my fingers like a cookie or sandwich or something.

#25 Posted by Deathdealer108 (290 posts) -

I do it more often than I should. If i get take-out like pizza or something I usually play a game when I'm eating. I do need to clean my 360 controller regularly cause of it though. Once your controller is a little dirty they really never are the same again.

#26 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@joshy9411 said:
"left over steak"
Does this even exist?
#27 Posted by ZeroCast (1869 posts) -

Yep, i do it all the time, in fact, I'm eating a Nutella sandwich as we speak.

#28 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

I never eat while playing games, I guess that's why I'm skinny :P, but mainly it's because I don't want to get my controller/keyboard all messy and disgusting.

#29 Posted by Matt_ (337 posts) -

I don't eat while I play games. However, I do snack when I watch movies which is usually Netflix on my 360 or Blu-rays on my PS3. In which case I'm very careful to wipe my hands before I touch the controller in case I have to pause it or something. "Beverages" make late night multiplayer sessions so much more fun though.

#30 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

I normally either throw the oven on leaving it to warm until the next round the put dippers or pizza in, or make noodles.

#31 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

I watch tv or read while eating the foods.  Eating while gaming leads to messes, and I like to keep things clean.

#32 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

I only eat when playing offline mode or on the laptop. Never with my 360 though, I don't have a table for my food to sit on.

#33 Posted by Keyser_Soze (1186 posts) -

It's a messy business. Frantically trying to wipe hands on tissues, seconds away from the action starting up again.

#34 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6033 posts) -

Sheeeyit, chilluns, I can eat, chop wood, whip up a batch of cookies, slaughter small villages, listen to the lamentation of the women, and game at the same time.  Yeah.  I'm that good.

#35 Posted by Illmatic (1358 posts) -

I can't/dislike eating while doing anything else except for watching tv or listening to podcasts on my iPod. Once I have to start touching things then the problem of dirtying things starts to rear its ugly head. Heck, it already annoys me when I miss a point on a podcast because I was zoning out and have to rewind with my one clean finger.