• 145 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by mugugipan (376 posts) -

If you check the charts (http://www.vgchartz.com/) xbox 360 has been stuck on 20 million for some.
Plastation 3 has caught up with almost 15 million sold.

As an xbox 360 owner, I could not be more thrilled.
The better the competition, the better the games and lower the prices.

I also hate xbox live and how everybody keeps talking about how great it is.
I don't think its that great because its not free. The internet is inherently unreliable
and whatever microsoft is offering isnt enough to make me pay for it, I am also used to
getting stuff free on the internet. Email, web pages, and yes even music. Just wondering how long
microsoft can keep milking this. Especially since they still advertize on it, silver or gold.

#2 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

A wise random forum poster once said "Using VGChartz is like volunteering yourself to be a test subject for large anal suppositories- nothing good can come of it."

Seriously, at least use NPD if you're going to make a post related to market data.

#3 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -

Why does it matter how many units a company sold? It's not like you own shares of Microsoft or Sony.

#4 Posted by Guiltyspark (554 posts) -

VG charts is fake

#5 Edited by pause422 (6201 posts) -

it doesn't matter, its that simple. 360 had over a year ahead of PS3,they'll stay ahead for a while probably for that. Both systems are fine, and both have great games(and more coming very soon) Does it really matter if the sales for one or the other go up?we already know the PS3 80GB is going to 399,and sometime in november I think the 360 is supposed to drop  in price a bit,they aren't going to lower it much more from that,even if competition increases a lot. At least not for a while after this price drop.

#6 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

VG Chartz is shit, bro. But if you do line up the consoles, the PS3 is right at the same point of 360. Can you believe that?

PS3 - Launched with competition already in the market (360), and laucnhed with a really high price ($600), and had a big lack quality titles.

360 - Launched with no competition, a year before PS3/Wii, (therefore more people could buy it with ease/no doubts), and was only $400.

And even though these factors are here, PS3 is still right next to 360 when lining up the launches? That is pretty funny IMO.. and PS3 is even selling more then 360 in EU, despite being more the one year late.

Maybe it's just me, but that's crazy.

#7 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (4778 posts) -

lol really? 360 has been stuck on 20 million for a while? odd last i checked it went up from 19.5m or so when the npd data for june came out... and of course you see it that way sentry.

#8 Posted by TmlMatus (41 posts) -

its vgcharts, but yeh i wouldn't be suprised if it over sells xbox worldwide by the end of the year.

#9 Edited by pause422 (6201 posts) -

Wow this topic is stupid,but no he doesn't just see it that way,it is the truth,they've also been neck and neck or outselling the 360 on the monthly basis since the beginning of the year.

As I said though above,it doesn't fucking matter really,its great that both consoles are selling well,and that the PS3 is finally getting out to a lot more people. The more that get to experience all the great games available on both platforms,the better.

#10 Posted by somesthetic (191 posts) -
Jayge said:
"A wise random forum poster once said "Using VGChartz is like volunteering yourself to be a test subject for large anal suppositories- nothing good can come of it."

Seriously, at least use NPD if you're going to make a post related to market data.
"
what if you hemorrhoids and they were the cure for hemorrhoids?
#11 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
WilliamRLBaker said:
"lol really? 360 has been stuck on 20 million for a while? odd last i checked it went up from 19.5m or so when the npd data for june came out... and of course you see it that way sentry."

Lol, well what other way is there to see it? It's odd that the PS3 is next to 360 even though it launched at a hundreds of dollars more, with competition, and not many good games. I personally would not have expected that at all, doesn't add up at first.
#12 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
somesthetic said:
"Jayge said:
"A wise random forum poster once said "Using VGChartz is like volunteering yourself to be a test subject for large anal suppositories- nothing good can come of it."

Seriously, at least use NPD if you're going to make a post related to market data.
"
what if you hemorrhoids and they were the cure for hemorrhoids?
"
Sticking a pill up your ass would not cure hemorrhoids.
#13 Posted by somesthetic (191 posts) -
Jayge said:
"somesthetic said:
"Jayge said:
"A wise random forum poster once said "Using VGChartz is like volunteering yourself to be a test subject for large anal suppositories- nothing good can come of it."

Seriously, at least use NPD if you're going to make a post related to market data.
"
what if you hemorrhoids and they were the cure for hemorrhoids?
"
Sticking a pill up your ass would not cure hemorrhoids.
"
ok dr. jayge, but it's a hypothetical question, isn't it?

I'm just saying, something good could come of it.
#14 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

by the end of 08, ps3 will be unanimously judged the better system by everyone. online and off, it will pwn 360

#15 Edited by Fr0Br0 (3092 posts) -
TwoOneFive said:
"by the end of 08, ps3 will be unanimously judged the better system by everyone. online and off, it will pwn 360"
Easy Tiger. Both are great consoles.

Now the Wii on the other hand... >_>
#16 Posted by Fusi (19 posts) -

To be honest,  you shouldn't use NPD as that's America only where the PS3 only sells as well as the Xbox 360. The PS3 sells better in regions such as Continental Europe and Japan however, places NPD would never step foot.

#17 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
TwoOneFive said:
"by the end of 08, ps3 will be unanimously judged the better system by everyone. online and off, it will pwn 360"

Cha cha cha chill. They're both good, but yes buy Jan 1st of 2009, PS3 will have better games out, and coming, then the 360, IMO.
#18 Posted by Guiltyspark (554 posts) -
TwoOneFive said:
"by the end of 08, ps3 will be unanimously judged the better system by everyone. online and off, it will pwn 360"
who is this everyone you are speaking of?
#19 Posted by pause422 (6201 posts) -

Yeah that statement,the way it was put at least was a bit much, the way everything plays out in the future has yet to be seen.

#20 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

Honestly when you think about it, what exclusives are going to be on the 360? Gears 2 (buying), Fable 2 (must buy), Banjo (not sure), and what else? Those are the only big games I cam imagine, honestly. And it's just not enough IMO. So come 09 I wouldn't see a reason why someone would buy the 360 over the PS3. Early 08? It would have been the opposite.

#21 Posted by Guiltyspark (554 posts) -
Sentry said:
"Honestly when you think about it, what exclusives are going to be on the 360? Gears 2 (buying), Fable 2 (must buy), Banjo (not sure), and what else? Those are the only big games I cam imagine, honestly. And it's just not enough IMO. So come 09 I wouldn't see a reason why someone would buy the 360 over the PS3. Early 08? It would have been the opposite.
"
What does ps3 have in 08?

resistance?

Little big planet?


#22 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -
#23 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
Guiltyspark said:
"Sentry said:
"Honestly when you think about it, what exclusives are going to be on the 360? Gears 2 (buying), Fable 2 (must buy), Banjo (not sure), and what else? Those are the only big games I cam imagine, honestly. And it's just not enough IMO. So come 09 I wouldn't see a reason why someone would buy the 360 over the PS3. Early 08? It would have been the opposite.
"
What does ps3 have in 08?

resistance?

Little big planet?"

Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, MGS4, MS2, Socom, and then just two months after 2008, or 2008 FY, Killzone 2 comes. Then in 09 you have stuff like MAG and GoW3, and much more. Just generally speaking there are more exclusives on PS3 going forward. Back in the days of 07 it was the opposite, 360 had Bioshock, Halo 3, Mass Effect, etc. But it's changed...
#24 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

VG Chartz? Fail.

#25 Edited by pause422 (6201 posts) -

Ok now this seems to be turning into some stupid who's console is better shit,but honestly he is only pointing out a fact. Regardless the main big exclusives are only 2 games for each console,most of the best titles coming out this year are multiplatform

360-Gears of War 2,Fable 2
PS3- Little Big Planet, Resistance 2

yes I know there are at least 1 or 2 more that people are somewhat looking forward to for each console, don't bother correcting me,but those few seem to be on top of the hype.

So lets not start a "my console has better games than yours" argument,and accept that the cream of the crop this year are multiplatform titles(regardless of the hype behind the few exclusives) and if you have both,only a 360 ,or only a PS3, you'll be in for a great treat this year. /end rant.



real quick just to add to sentry's post up there,yes atm there "ARE" more ps3 titles announced than 360,thats the fact,not some fanboyish statement. Its because at the E3 conference they actually talked about some future titles and such, Microsoft didn't. So no one is saying microsoft doesn't have some exclusives yet to be seen that could turn out great or anything,just in terms of games they annouced recently, PS3 decided to focus more on upcoming games,while microsoft decided to focus more on dressing an avatar.

#26 Posted by Iffy350 (224 posts) -

It has the letter Z at the end of the name so its credibility is unlikely. Kinda like video games and tv shows where word extreme/extended/etc is replace with the letter X.

#27 Posted by Guiltyspark (554 posts) -

nothing has changed

1. metal gear solid 4 doesnt count unless you want to add in gears 1 , dead rising , mass effect , and ninja gaiden 2

2. socom will be terrible like the first 2 ( shooters have evolved since the first and based on what i have seen , Socom hasnt )

3. Mag is not an 09 title

4. God of war 3 is not an 09 title

5. there is no "much much more" thats it


Microsoft hasnt announced its future lineup

they never do this early

#28 Posted by DarkElf2112 (10 posts) -

I'm a stone cold 360 fanboy, but to not acknowledge that the PS3 is comin' and comin' strong would just be stupid. I still think the PS3 is short on games but the gap is closing.

#29 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3092 posts) -
Guiltyspark said:
"nothing has changed

1. metal gear solid 4 doesnt count unless you want to add in gears 1 , dead rising , mass effect , and ninja gaiden 2

2. socom will be terrible like the first 2 ( shooters have evolved since the first and based on what i have seen , Socom hasnt )


3. Mag is not an 09 title

4. God of war 3 is not an 09 title

5. there is no "much much more" thats it


Microsoft hasnt announced its future lineup

they never do this early "
Okay take that back. Socom 1 was good and Socom 2 was amazing. Socom 3 is where the series started to fall off... And have you seen the gameplay videos of the new Socom? Looks like an improvement to me.
#30 Posted by Guiltyspark (554 posts) -
The gameplay videos look terrible are you kidding?
#31 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3092 posts) -

What would you like? A cover system? Health regeneration? You just don't understand what makes Socom fun if you thought Socom 3 was the best. Socom Confrontation looks like it will carry the same fun factor the firsts came with.

#32 Posted by Guiltyspark (554 posts) -

that fun factor was the idea of playing online with other people

i dont think you understand how dated and shitty the gameplay is now ......

#33 Posted by Iffy350 (224 posts) -

I watched SOCOM 1 and 2 on Arena on G4tv and the gameplay looked choppy and unplayable. A PC FPS fan would not accept a game like that for a gift.

#34 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
pause422 said:
"360-Gears of War 2,Fable 2
PS3- Little Big Planet, Resistance 2

real quick just to add to sentry's post up there,yes atm there "ARE" more ps3 titles announced than 360,thats the fact,not some fanboyish statement. Its because at the E3 conference they actually talked about some future titles and such, Microsoft didn't. So no one is saying microsoft doesn't have some exclusives yet to be seen that could turn out great or anything,just in terms of games they annouced recently, PS3 decided to focus more on upcoming games,while microsoft decided to focus more on dressing an avatar.
"

Lol, yes that's the point, 08 we both have great games. But your excluding MGS4, which still came out in 08, :P. But do you guys honestly think they will announce a handful of new exclusives that will come out in 09? Doubt it, its just not possible. PS3 has more in 09 atm, and thats not an opinion its just fact.

DarkElf2112 said:
"I'm a stone cold 360 fanboy, but to not acknowledge that the PS3 is comin' and comin' strong would just be stupid. I still think the PS3 is short on games but the gap is closing."

Oh my god, people like you really exist!?
#35 Posted by MOLE (321 posts) -
You know what, I hope PS3 passes the 360 in sales BECUASE MS would lower the price, and they would try to make better deals.  WIth competition, it forces MS to try harder, thus us consumers get all the benafits
#36 Edited by pause422 (6201 posts) -

Socom is loved by many fans,just like Halo is loved by many fans. You can say the game sucks,just like others think halo sucks,its a fucking opinion, which doesn't come close to any valid fact. No shooters really evolve much,an FPS is what it is,there isn't much to change.

I love how this is constantly what these threads have to turn into,no one can have a damn civil adult disscusion about both consoles,and being happy for one another. They both have great games upcoming,and have had great games out in the past, just be happy that gaming has evolved into how good it is in this day and age in the first place.

#37 Posted by Guiltyspark (554 posts) -
Iffy350 said:
"I watched SOCOM 1 and 2 on Arena on G4tv and the gameplay looked choppy and unplayable. A PC FPS fan would not accept a game like that for a gift.
"

no gamer would , sony fans are forced to latch on to garbage titles and defend them to the death
#38 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
Guiltyspark said:
"nothing has changed

1. metal gear solid 4 doesnt count unless you want to add in gears 1 , dead rising , mass effect , and ninja gaiden 2

2. socom will be terrible like the first 2 ( shooters have evolved since the first and based on what i have seen , Socom hasnt )

3. Mag is not an 09 title

4. God of war 3 is not an 09 title

5. there is no "much much more" thats it


Microsoft hasnt announced its future lineup

they never do this early "
#39 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

1. Dude, MGS4 came out in 2008, lmfao. Gears 1, Dead Rising, & Mass Effect did NOT come in 08. Ninja Gaiden 2 did come in 08, but it was not a big hit like MGS4, or Gears 2.
2. Read and watch coverage on the game, the press are hyped about it too, and it looks great, please don't kid yourself here.
3. MAG is an 09 title, and it looks fucking amazing. Hell even if it was a 2010 title!, which it isn't
4. GoW3 is an 09 title, and again even if it wasn't bro, which it is.
5. There is MUCH more, trust me on that, I swear to you that there is a shit load that we will see soon that will come in 09.

MS hasn't announced their future line up? OK, but is it possible for them to announce several games for 09? Even if they do, they still won't have as much exclusives as PS3 has, thats just a fact bro.

#40 Posted by pause422 (6201 posts) -

Any absolute true PC FPS player wouldn't accept any console shooter as a gift,because they are still top with keyboard and a mouse,and best played that way.

#41 Posted by MOLE (321 posts) -
Sentry said:
"Honestly when you think about it, what exclusives are going to be on the 360? Gears 2 (buying), Fable 2 (must buy), Banjo (not sure), and what else? Those are the only big games I cam imagine, honestly. And it's just not enough IMO. So come 09 I wouldn't see a reason why someone would buy the 360 over the PS3. Early 08? It would have been the opposite.
"

Theres other frachises

Theres 3 more Halo games coming out, possibly a new Perfect Dark, Jade Empire 2,  Alan Wake, Star Ocean 4, Splinter Cell Conviction, Age of Conan, Postal 3, and GTA 4 DLC.

You need to think more about what might and will come out

#42 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Idc bout charts, i like to game.
Playing Awesome Games > Talking About It

#43 Edited by Iffy350 (224 posts) -

I picked up and played halo 2 against a bunch of people at a party once. You could see it was geared toward console gamers because as an avid PC gamer and fps fanatic I picked up an xbox controller for the first time ever and totally kicked everyone elses ass. It was almost too easy.

#44 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
MOLE said:
"Sentry said:
"Honestly when you think about it, what exclusives are going to be on the 360? Gears 2 (buying), Fable 2 (must buy), Banjo (not sure), and what else? Those are the only big games I cam imagine, honestly. And it's just not enough IMO. So come 09 I wouldn't see a reason why someone would buy the 360 over the PS3. Early 08? It would have been the opposite.
"

Theres other frachises

Theres 3 more Halo games coming out, possibly a new Perfect Dark, Jade Empire 2,  Alan Wake, Star Ocean 4, Splinter Cell Conviction, Age of Conan, Postal 3, and GTA 4 DLC.

You need to think more about what might and will come out"

Exactly, but some of those things are not in 09, and are not big hits like, oh, say GoW3. My point is that there are a lot of exclusives on both platforms, but the PS3 just has more for the future then the 360 does.

Cartman said:
"Idc bout charts, i like to game.
Playing Awesome Games > Talking About It
"

So true, too bad im out of country atm and have no access to games. :(
#45 Posted by pause422 (6201 posts) -

Oh god I hope a new perfect dark doesn't come out..just look at zero. I loved PD so much from the N64 I don't want to see it further raped.

#46 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3092 posts) -
Guiltyspark said:
"Iffy350 said:
"I watched SOCOM 1 and 2 on Arena on G4tv and the gameplay looked choppy and unplayable. A PC FPS fan would not accept a game like that for a gift.
"

no gamer would , sony fans are forced to latch on to garbage titles and defend them to the death"
Whatever man. You are missing some prime action that is going to come with Socom. Go back and play Halo 3 or CoD4. Whichever one doesn't get boring first.
#47 Posted by MOLE (321 posts) -
Sentry said:
"MOLE said:
"Sentry said:
"Honestly when you think about it, what exclusives are going to be on the 360? Gears 2 (buying), Fable 2 (must buy), Banjo (not sure), and what else? Those are the only big games I cam imagine, honestly. And it's just not enough IMO. So come 09 I wouldn't see a reason why someone would buy the 360 over the PS3. Early 08? It would have been the opposite.
"

Theres other frachises

Theres 3 more Halo games coming out, possibly a new Perfect Dark, Jade Empire 2,  Alan Wake, Star Ocean 4, Splinter Cell Conviction, Age of Conan, Postal 3, and GTA 4 DLC.

You need to think more about what might and will come out"

Exactly, but some of those things are not in 09, and are not big hits like, oh, say GoW3. My point is that there are a lot of exclusives on both platforms, but the PS3 just has more for the future then the 360 does.



You really make it sound like theres nothing coming out for hte 360 next year. 

I beleive Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2 are coming out next year.
#48 Posted by Guiltyspark (554 posts) -
Fr0Br0 said:
"Guiltyspark said:
"Iffy350 said:
"I watched SOCOM 1 and 2 on Arena on G4tv and the gameplay looked choppy and unplayable. A PC FPS fan would not accept a game like that for a gift.
"

no gamer would , sony fans are forced to latch on to garbage titles and defend them to the death"
Whatever man. You are missing some prime action that is going to come with Socom. Go back and play Halo 3 or CoD4. Whichever one doesn't get boring first.
"
lol non gamers make me laugh

do you really think socom will be special or are you baiting me ?

didnt you people learn your lesson with HAZE?
#49 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3092 posts) -
Guiltyspark said:
"Fr0Br0 said:
"Guiltyspark said:
"Iffy350 said:
"I watched SOCOM 1 and 2 on Arena on G4tv and the gameplay looked choppy and unplayable. A PC FPS fan would not accept a game like that for a gift.
"

no gamer would , sony fans are forced to latch on to garbage titles and defend them to the death"
Whatever man. You are missing some prime action that is going to come with Socom. Go back and play Halo 3 or CoD4. Whichever one doesn't get boring first.
"
lol non gamers make me laugh

do you really think socom will be special or are you baiting me ?

didnt you people learn your lesson with HAZE?"
WTF does Haze have to do with anything? And for bringing that up you are nothing more than a fanboy trying to bait me so I'm done "discussing" your lack of knowledge about good games.
#50 Posted by Guiltyspark (554 posts) -

- 1 sony fan