dutchbear10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By dutchbear10

Dear Playstation All-Stars,

How do you have this game without Crash Bandicoot? I know you don't have the license, but why put this out before you nail down the coot?

Sincerely,

Everyone that bought a Playstation 1

dutchbear10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By dutchbear10

Dear Playstation All-Stars,

How do you have this game without Crash Bandicoot? I know you don't have the license, but why put this out before you nail down the coot?

Sincerely,

Everyone that bought a Playstation 1

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By jacksukeru

Not much to discuss here, unless someone actually has some inside info on why Crash was omitted,

It's a thing and it's bad basically.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Activision probably wanted an absurd sum for it.

Or maybe the developers just don't care.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Gaff
@JackSukeru

Not much to discuss here, unless someone actually has some inside info on why Crash was omitted,

It's a thing and it's bad basically.

I just had a terrible vision of Activision All-Stars: all your favourite characters in the Activision stable, from the 2600 to the present, duking it out in a 4 player brawl, with online stat tracking and ladders.
ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By ESREVER

Fuckcrash. You got 3 playstation1 fighters (at least) in the game. Maybe they'll acquire him for DLC. There are gonna be more characters added after Kat and Emmett I'm sure.

I don't have much love for Crash. I played some of the games, and they were cool. I care not about the character though. There are more important characters to me that need to be added.

Fungamebtw. Its missing some TLC menu wise, but the core gameplay is fun.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By TheHT

@ESREVER: There are four PS1 era characters. Heihachi, PaRappa, Sir Daniel, and Spike (from Ape Escape).

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

@dutchbear10 said:

How do you have this game without Crash Bandicoot? I know you don't have the license,

You answered your own question.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By ESREVER

@TheHT said:

@ESREVER: There are four PS1 era characters. Heihachi, PaRappa, Sir Daniel, and Spike (from Ape Escape).

you're right! Hmm, I thought I added "at least" in parenthesis afterwords. Owell.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By DarthOrange

1. Omar Kendall just didn't give a shit about him. He doesn't even know half the characters in his own game.  
2. It is also possible that Activision said "only if he is DLC and we get 70% of the monies!" 
3. Or maybe Sony didn't give enough of a shit to ask for him.  

The TV spots for this game (both the UK one and the US one) were horrible, and show a real lack of caring for what should be the biggest PlayStation game of all time. It should have been on billboards, it should have been the toys at McDonald, it should have been on you mothers T-Shirt. They had an awesome thing going with the "Team ____".  

The "Team _____" t-Shirts and bandannas should have been available everywhere to help build hype on the streets. It should have been the event of the year, bigger then Halo 3 and the launch of the Wii. You can bet you ass that when the next Smash Bros comes out it will be treated like the second coming of Christ. 

I have stated my problems with this game before and it basically boils down to SuperBot and Sony not caring enough about PlayStation history. It should have had All the Stars of PlayStation, not less then half a dozen. There were tons of people they could have included! In spite of all this the game is crazy fun and the mechanics are deep and unique, but it could have, nay should have been so much more. Sony really took a fat shit on what could have been a giant cash cow big enough to erase all of Sony's financial problems. 
dutchbear10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dutchbear10

@Video_Game_King: So true.

toolzz360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#11  Edited By toolzz360

the licenses for crash and some other characters like cloud were way too expensive and wouldnt have made any sense to include from a business standpoint.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Sooty

How do you:

Use the new Dante instead of the old one. Not only is new Dante not in any of the originally PS2 line up of DMC games but he's also not exclusive in any way to the PlayStation brand.

Include the Big Daddy as a character, you know, that originally Xbox exclusive game.

but whatever, who cares about Smash Bros.