PlayStation Meeting & Next Generation Allegiances

_Mattallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

Edited By _Mattallica

Hey guys. Decided to write a quick impromptu blog post as I haven't done one in a week and with all my next reviews all coming in March (Tomb Raider, Gears of War: Judgment and Bioshock Infinite!) I wanted to talk about something. The topic I would like to talk about is the looming PlayStation Meeting that's merely hours away and my excitement for it. Whenever the next generation is around the corner it's such an interesting time for the industry and I really can't wait to see what's in store for us. Note that I'm not including the Wii U as 'next gen' because Nintendo just do their own thing (which I love them for) and I don't think they are in direct competition with anyone unlike Sony and Microsoft.

No Caption Provided

I would like to just take a moment also to talk about next generation allegiances and where you think you might be leaning this time around. My background is that currently I own both the Xbox 360 and PS3. I've had an Xbox since December 2006 whereas I've only been a PS3 owner since March 2012. I've spent at least 95% of my gaming time this gen on the Xbox and have enjoyed it very much. I love the online service and don't mind paying for it, the party system is great, arcade games are awesome and I'm proud of my gamerscore and friends I've met. You would assume that would mean I would be definitely be buying the next Xbox over the new Playstation. But that isn't the case.

No Caption Provided

Sony have done a lot recently to really get me interested once again. The PS2 is probably my favorite console of all time but the early days of PS3 just completely lost me. The price was way over what I could afford and the early games didn't grab me the same way Gears of War did. The online service also is still pretty bad. However now I've finally got round to owning one there are things I really like. The online service is getting better and PlayStation Plus is a incredible service. They also seem to be way more focused on games than Microsoft at this point, buying multiple studios and having a huge amount of exclusives. I hate how bad the Xbox Dashboard has got over the years with arcade games being buried, the UI is terrible for non Kinect users and overall games play second fiddle to Film, TV and even Music. Really it is starting to feel like if you just want a system to play games, Playstation is the way to go with the Xbox being more of an overall entrainment hub which I don't really care for.

No Caption Provided

So when it comes to choosing between the new consoles this time round all bets are off for me. I will wait till both are announced with release dates and prices, see what games are coming for both, and then make a decision. I did think I wouldn't want to lose my gamerscore but honestly, I couldn't care less. All of the friends I've met on Xbox Live that I would miss I already know them on Twitter or elsewhere now so that isn't a problem either. The PS3's launch was a travesty but I doubt they will make the same mistake twice. Only time will tell and it will all begin very soon.

So, what do YOU think about next generation allegiances? Are you already decided on which console you are siding with? Are you sticking with your current company no matter what or thinking about jumping ship like myself? Or maybe you will just buy both no matter what. Let me know what you think and no this isn't a fanboy war. Until next time, enjoy the Playstation Meeting 2013!

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Marcsman

This seems like flame bait to me.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

I'm going with Sega.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

I go where the games are at.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Vinny_Says
Miketakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Putting my eggs in the PS4/Steambox basket.