#1 Posted by pretender15 (192 posts) -

Does anyone know when the PlayStation Phone is coming out? Last I heard the release date is February 2011. What exactly will the phone be capable of? Will it have all the features (texting, internet, etc.) as normal cell phones, plus the ability to play games (not mobile games, but real games)? What sort of games will it be able to play exactly? Will it be like the N-Gage, only more advanced?

#2 Posted by Dantekiller (206 posts) -

Sony will let us know when it comes out until then anything any one is saying is a waist of time, all i want is to see the psp2 

#3 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i think it will pretty much do what other phones can do.

#4 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

The phone is simply an Ericson with a PSP built in, so it has all the same features of the phone and the PSP (no UMD drive).  There's no release date or anything like that at the moment because it hasn't been officially announced yet.  Personally, I'd hold off for the PSP2, unless you really need a new phone.

#5 Posted by DrHawking (214 posts) -

I think its an interesting idea but if im going to pick up it, it would have to sell me as being a capable phone on par with the current smart phone market. Hopefully it isn't just the second coming of the N-Gage

#6 Edited by Voxatron (352 posts) -
@pretender15 said:

"  Does anyone know when the PlayStation Phone is coming out? Last I heard the release date is February 2011. What exactly will the phone be capable of? Will it have all the features (texting, internet, etc.) as normal cell phones, plus the ability to play games (not mobile games, but real games)? What sort of games will it be able to play exactly? Will it be like the N-Gage, only more advanced? "

February should be when it's announcement and sometime March is supposedly going to be the actual release date.  Well supposedly it's going to top out graphically near early PS3 and will have everything a normal android phone has, at least it should anyway. It will play mobile phone games too I'm pretty sure.  It's rampant speculation as of right now of course, but supposedly the people who did the Resistance port our currently working on one for Uncharted and it's rumored to be for the phone. 
#7 Posted by pretender15 (192 posts) -
@DrHawking said:
" I think its an interesting idea but if im going to pick up it, it would have to sell me as being a capable phone on par with the current smart phone market. Hopefully it isn't just the second coming of the N-Gage "
N-Gage had some good games though like Red Faction 2, Splinter Cell, and a couple others
#8 Posted by DrHawking (214 posts) -
@pretender15 said:
" @DrHawking said:
" I think its an interesting idea but if im going to pick up it, it would have to sell me as being a capable phone on par with the current smart phone market. Hopefully it isn't just the second coming of the N-Gage "
N-Gage had some good games though like Red Faction 2, Splinter Cell, and a couple others "
Yea but the hardware was pretty terrible. Taking out the battery to change games and terrible button layouts. If they made the PSP Go into a capable android smartphone with good game support, then i would get it hands down.