Plea for Advice Regarding Battlefield 3 Online Pass

newhatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By newhatter

So, I just rented Battlefield 3 for the 360, which I had previously purchased for the PS3. Upon finding out that I was no longer eligible for the online pass free trial, I purchased the online pass from Gamestop.com (planning on purchasing the game used anyway). Unfortunately, I mistakenly purchased the PS3 online pass, admittedly due to my own carelessness. Now, I am stuck with a download code for the PS3, which is non-refundable by Gamestop.

EA is not available on the phones right now, so I attempted to live chat with a representative, who informed me that they could not do anything without a physical receipt, and promptly ended the chat without my consent. Obviously, because the purchase was entirely digital, I don't have a physical receipt. I sent a screenshot of the order history on the website as well as the confirmation email, but apparently that is insufficient.

So, any advice? I realize that it was my own idiocy that led to this problem, but if anyone else has ever had such frustrations, how did you deal with it?

Deathawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Deathawk

I would get on the phone with them and go in with the mindset that you are going to get a code off of them. At a certain point it's just beneficial for them to give you the code as opposed to putting up with you.

newhatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By newhatter

@Deathawk: That is what I was thinking. Thanks for the input.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

Be a troublesome dick. They'll eventually give it to you just to shut you up.

Or they'll just hang up on you. It's a battle of persistence.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By napalm

Be really screamy and yelly.