Please Don't make a Fallout 3 MMO

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By turbomonkey138

I found a article today that i 100% agree with .
THIS ARTICLE
What do you guys think ?
I think that the reason why fallout 3 works so well as a single player game is becuase it fits the mood of the game . You constantly alone and you have to fen for yourself . Now if there was a MMO it would be weird wondering round  wasteland and seeing someone who looks exactly like you run past you .

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By turbomonkey138

Fallout 3 MMO ...... i meant to type just Fallout ... my bad ;(

Budster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Budster

Well I have mixed feelings about this. Firstly because it has some of the original creators of Fallout and I do believe they did one hell of a job with them especially compared to Bethesda version, which just has prettier environment and is in FP. Secondly I'm not really into MMORPG's I tried wow but couldn't really get in it, but I can see why a lot love that genre. Mostly its a wait and see for me  

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Gunner

might be ok, hope they dont just make it a WoW clone like a lot of other MMO's that have come out lately, if i want to play a game that was like WoW, i would just play WoW.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

Please don't make any game ever, they may sound good in theory, but it's so easy to fuck them up. Please? To reinforce that, I'll list every single thing that's been done wrong about all genres in the past. Then, I'm sure you will agree in that you should be content playing the good games that have been, as there's no reason to risk having a shitty game just because of a near non-existent possibility of a good one.

...Lame. He's getting his wish anyway, Interplay's in yet more trouble (as if anyone expected otherwise) and about to lose the rights to a MMO.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By CenturionCajun

The game isn't happening anymore. Interplay had until earlier this month to produce something or Bethesda would take the rights back. The date came and went and Bethesda took it back.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/973/973441p1.html

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

Unless of course Bethesda decide to make one instead. Shudder.

Interplay can always continue (if they actually have anything going at all) and call it something along the lines of Wasteland instead of Fallout.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By CenturionCajun

True, but the Fallout license was what was really going to make that a potential big player. It's a shame they couldn't produce any kind of progress in the several years they apparently had the rights.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By turbomonkey138

I don't know how they would do it anyway .

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Gav47

If the game was set 100 years after project purity the number of characters to play as in the capital wasteland would be huge, you could be a resident of megaton/rivet city/tenpenny tower, raider, mutant or ghoul to name a few.The setting could be an agricultural and industrial revolution mix with an on going war between the different factions.
I have to admit that I have never played an mmo but the Fallout universe may be the thing to get me interested in them along with thousands of other people