Please help GB Community

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Kiemoe

It's my little brother's birthday tomorrow, and I need to think of a game to buy. He really likes co op games and stuff, so I was trying to think of something like that, maybe an RPG so that there's a good amount of replay value. I have a PS3 and 360, and we both have PSP's, but I doubt that's any help. Thanks everyone, and tell me about your great past experiences

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By suneku

Fable 2 is an RPG with offline/online co-op, it's also a great game. Give that a shot.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By c1337us

He likes co-op. Do you have Gears of War 2 or Left 4 Dead by any chance. Those are two good games with co-operative multiplayer available.

How olds your brother?

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
suneku said:
"Fable 2 is an RPG with offline/online co-op, it's also a great game. Give that a shot."
Fable 2 as awesome as the single player was, it  is a horrible coop experience
Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kiemoe
c1337us said:
"He likes co-op. Do you have Gears of War 2 or Left 4 Dead by any chance. Those are two good games with co-operative multiplayer available.How olds your brother?"

He's gonna be 12, but it's not like he doesn't play M rated games. He's actually playing Halo right now lol
suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By suneku
ZombieHunter said:
"suneku said:
"Fable 2 is an RPG with offline/online co-op, it's also a great game. Give that a shot."
"
So I've heard, I personally haven't even played co-op on Fable 2 yet and I've completed different 4 characters.
Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Coltonio7

Gears 2, fun times

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By c1337us

Yeh I havent played the co-op part of Fable either so I cant say how that goes. But if your brother isnt adverse to games with mature ratings and your parents dont care I would still stick with Gears 2 of L4D as good choices. Maybe leaning towards Gears 2 because if he wanted to play singly that option is still there with the campaign. L4D while good doesnt give the same experience when playing it alone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

suneku said:
"Fable 2 is an RPG with offline/online co-op,
Dude, no it doesn't.

I suggest Gears 2 for co-op, or either of the last two Personas for some RPG action. And they're cheap. Or how about CoD4? That games multiplayer is wonderful.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By JJOR64
Coltonio7 said:
"Gears 2, fun times"
Gears 2 has very fun co-op and fun muliplayer. 

PS: My 500th post!
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#11  Edited By natetodamax
JJOR64 said:
 PS: My 500th post!"
OMG YAY
Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kiemoe

Thanks for all of the posts guys, you're all saviors. Anyone have any other suggestions for RPGs that are co- op though? I was hoping for a little more replay value.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#13  Edited By Pepsiman

I think Tales of Vesparia might have it. I recall hearing years and years ago that people had a good amount of fun with Symphonia's co-op, so I imagine that if Vesparia does have it, it could be good. I don't know from personal experience, though.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By RedSox8933
Kiemoe said:
"Thanks for all of the posts guys, you're all saviors. Anyone have any other suggestions for RPGs that are co- op though? I was hoping for a little more replay value."
again, fable II, but co-op is really bad.

i can't think of a good RPG with good co-op right at the moment
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Karmum
ZombieHunter said:
"suneku said:
"
As mentioned by the topic creator, the kid is twelve. Do you think he is going to notice? Since you listed PS3 (and since this is technically an RPG), how about Valkyria Chronicles? I assume it has co-op, since Dave and Brad we're playing together. Doesn't exactly have all the RPG-elements, but why not?
chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By chililili
Karmum said:
"ZombieHunter said:
"suneku said:
"
As mentioned by the topic creator, the kid is twelve. Do you think he is going to notice? Since you listed PS3 (and since this is technically an RPG), how about Valkyria Chronicles? I assume it has co-op, since Dave and Brad we're playing together. Doesn't exactly have all the RPG-elements, but why not?"
Valkyria Chronicles is great, but honestly there are little to no RPGs with coop. If I think real hard FFIX had co-op also DIablo but really RPGs are not designed for co-op. Actually White Knight Chronicles has a decent multiplayer but it has not yet been released in America, so you might wanna wait on that. Fable II does not have coop, don't be tricked into thinking that that's a decent coop game. Most coop games tend to be shooters, maybe get Resistance 2 or Gears of War 2.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Karmum
chililili said:
"Karmum said:
"ZombieHunter said:
"suneku said:
"
As mentioned by the topic creator, the kid is twelve. Do you think he is going to notice? Since you listed PS3 (and since this is technically an RPG), how about Valkyria Chronicles? I assume it has co-op, since Dave and Brad we're playing together. Doesn't exactly have all the RPG-elements, but why not?"
Valkyria Chronicles is great, but honestly there are little to no RPGs with coop. If I think real hard FFIX had co-op also DIablo but really RPGs are not designed for co-op. Actually White Knight Chronicles has a decent multiplayer but it has not yet been released in America, so you might wanna wait on that. Fable II does not have coop, don't be tricked into thinking that that's a decent coop game. Most coop games tend to be shooters, maybe get Resistance 2 or Gears of War 2. "
I admit the co-op in Fable 2 was anything but passable, but we are talking about a 12-year old kid here. Do you think he would notice all of these problems we would?