Please help me find out the name of this game

NamelessTed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By NamelessTed

For roughly the last 15 years I've been trying to remember the name of a game I played at a friends house. Don't quote me on the time, I could be way off! I only have vague/sketchy details, but as I recognize that my knowledge is vastly inferior to some of yours I pose the question to the group... the following is all I remember:

Look:
The game was a 3/4 over top view, similar to the A Link to the Past. 
Art style was roughly the same if only slightly less cartoony. 
If I had to pick an era to place it, I'd say the 16BIT (SNES/Genesis)

Genre: 
I believe it was a hack n' slash rpg, but again my recollections is hazy.

Story Elements:
I only recall two definitive pieces of information about the game, the first was I remember my friend telling me that one of the bosses was too powerful so you had to go to the past to fight it as a baby. And that even the "baby" version took up the most part of the screen. 

The second piece of info was that at some point of the game the hero makes his way to a hedge garden. The boss of this section was a oafish monster, almost like an ogre. He was a yellowish orange and had a large mouth. I believe that part was something that was mentioned over and over again. That like he go swallow you in one bite or something. Regardless, I remember him being incredibly difficult and never getting past him. In fact this is the last image I have in my head of the game.

Aside from that there's not much more for me to say. I've done some research trying to find it, and come up short. I've even reached out to my old friend who while also remembering the game, could not tell me the name or any more specific details. He thought it might be Brainlord... I looked into it but it didn't seem to quite fit. And the parts I remember were not there. 

If anyone can solve this mystery for me you'll win my undying admiration.

I leave it to you guys!    

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

It's definitely not Brain Lord. As to what it actually is, I have no idea. The baby thing does remind me of Earthbound, if that helps.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Secret of Mana?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By NTM

Man, yeah, same deal for me. Except, not that game. I remember some game on the SNES I remember my brothers rented when I was really small, and now I can't figure out what it was. I won't explain though. Instead, lets see. Um, it could of been Secret of Mana. Although, I haven't gotten all that far into that game and wouldn't be able to tell you what the bosses are like. And, the story doesn't seem similar, but I'm not quite sure. Don't know, just keeping searching and you may find it. Wish I could help. Just remember, just because you thought it was cool once, won't mean you'll think so today. That's happened to me a lot... Oh, and my brother says it may have been Soul Blazer, Lufia, or something else if not. -shrugs- sorry. I'll check myself. Like I said, I've had a problem with this sort of thing too. One thing that sticks out to both of us is Chrono Trigger.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Ryax

ive been trying to remember a N64 game that had these futuristic bike racing and you went up walls and it was crazy and the versus was either racing or you were in these tank things

DrZoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By DrZoltan
@Ryax: Extreme G?
Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Ryax said:
" ive been trying to remember a N64 game that had these futuristic bike racing and you went up walls and it was crazy and the versus was either racing or you were in these tank things "
sounds like extreme g or extreme g-2
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Ryax
@DrZoltan: 
 @odintal: 

thank you! its been bothering me!
Chyro