#1 Posted by VoshiNova (1687 posts) -

Please keep doing this thing. By thing I mean Giant Bomb, and by please I mean pretty, pretty, pretty please.

I've watched the latest PAX panel video twice now, and I want to congratulate the bomb squad and the whole giant bomb community for an awesome show! Ryan was a such a key cog in the bomb machine that (for me) there really was no telling how the panel would go. Jeff, you rock so mother fuckin' hard it's ridiculous; seeing you in that blazer was a hilarious good time and I enjoyed every minute of it.

But at the end of the panel, and I may be a nerd reading too much into it, but it ended with a resounding sadness to me. I just got the feeling that Giant Bomb is on it's last leg, and that the squad themselves aren't sure they want to continue this crazy website for much longer.

Please Never Stop.

It's probably overly dramatic to interpret the ending of the panel this way, but if there is even the slightest chance that the crew feels this way - I want to do my part to show I love/respect/cherish this website and everything it does by writing this down and sharing it.

#2 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5479 posts) -

I wholeheartedly second this sentiment. I didn't necessarily get the sad undertone at the end of the panel, but it's kind of felt a little uncertain around here ever since Ryan's passing. I'm sure I speak for most people around here when I say, I'll stick around for as long as the GB crew still wants to keep on.

Duder for life!

#3 Posted by Christoffer (1816 posts) -

I think you're reading a bit too much into that ending, yeah. Other than that, I totally agree with everything you say. This site needs to keep going and I'm sure it will for a long time. Here's hoping the next 12 months will be a lot more stable for the guys.

#4 Posted by VoshiNova (1687 posts) -

I think you're reading a bit too much into that ending, yeah. Other than that, I totally agree with everything you say. This site needs to keep going and I'm sure it will for a long time. Here's hoping the next 12 months will be a lot more stable for the guys.

I wholeheartedly second this sentiment. I didn't necessarily get the sad undertone at the end of the panel, but it's kind of felt a little uncertain around here ever since Ryan's passing. I'm sure I speak for most people around here when I say, I'll stick around for as long as the GB crew still wants to keep on.

Duder for life!

I love you duders and this site BOOSH!

#5 Posted by BIGJEFFREY (5016 posts) -

Nothing stops the BOMB, The Bomb will keep on going.

#6 Posted by BonOrbitz (2193 posts) -

I'll admit that I didn't feel sadness at the end of the panel, but the little CBSi snippets gave me some sense that something's a little rough behind the scenes. I can get paranoid sometimes and read too much into things, however, and in this case it stems out of my love for the site and the crew. Jeff seems stressed and over worked, lately, and that's no fun for anyone. I don't want anything else to go bad for them!

#7 Posted by Confirm4Crit (142 posts) -

I'll admit that I didn't feel sadness at the end of the panel, but the little CBSi snippets gave me some sense that something's a little rough behind the scenes. I can get paranoid sometimes and read too much into things, however, and in this case it stems out of my love for the site and the crew. Jeff seems stressed and over worked, lately, and that's no fun for anyone. I don't want anything else to go bad for them!

Sometimes I think that, and sometimes I think that it's very easy to make a CBSi joke.

#8 Posted by TruthTellah (9002 posts) -

Giant Bomb must continue.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/3448/myc.gif

#9 Edited by MetalGearSunny (6992 posts) -

I just thought the ending was Jeff not really knowing what to say at end the panel.

#10 Edited by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

I watched the entire panel, and i have no idea what ending you're talking about?

#11 Edited by subyman (615 posts) -

I see what you are talking about in the panel, but I highly doubt giantbomb is going anywhere. What exactly is Jeff or Brad going to do? Silently slink into the dark shadows? No way. This trainwreck is going to keep flipping and burning.

#12 Edited by Capum15 (4899 posts) -
@subyman said:

I see what you are talking about in the panel, but I highly doubt giantbomb is going anywhere. What exactly is Jeff or Brad going to do? Silently slink into the dark shadows? No way. This trainwreck is going to keep flipping and burning.

It's like a never ending Michael Bay Action Shot.

And it is glorious.

#13 Edited by Itwongo (1196 posts) -

Oh come on.

Giant Bomb will never die.

But for real. As someone who was at that panel, I think you're looking too far into it, though I can see where you're coming from.

#14 Posted by themangalist (1735 posts) -

Ryan's divine blessing shall be with the Bomb Squad, now and forever. Amen.

#15 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1971 posts) -

Don't know where you're coming from, everything they talked about at the end indicated that they had no plans on stopping.

#16 Posted by Damodar (1387 posts) -

The website is going to end, but Giant Bomb will continue as a cult, just as soon as they find the right shoe manufacturer to co-sponsor.

#17 Edited by VoshiNova (1687 posts) -

@damodar said:

The website is going to end, but Giant Bomb will continue as a cult, just as soon as they find the right shoe manufacturer to co-sponsor.

I'm a member of the Giant bomb cult.

Nothing stops the BOMB, The Bomb will keep on going.

4 Life CJ

#18 Edited by MEATBALL (3236 posts) -

It really does feel like things have been on the decline to me, lately - but I don't think there's any danger that the site is about to just stop. It's understandable with everything that has gone on. I hope the guys turn it around.

It just really sucks that there's no more ILM or TNT (or some other regular Thursday free-stream) and that half the premium content is just Brad playing a game I have zero interest in and it seems like 50-75% of every episode of Unprofessional Fridays has been largely boring for a while now. I'm not sure I'm going to renew my subscription, honestly, which isn't helpful, but you know, I'm not sure I'm going to be happy with having spent that money over the next 12 months. Ugh, sorry, I shouldn't be using this as my personal spot to whinge obnoxiously.

Looking forward to Giant Bomb figuring it out. Hopefully the next gen consoles bring some spark back. I could really go for a Vinny/Jeff endurance run or some sort of Vinny/Jeff regular premium content.

#19 Posted by TheHT (11240 posts) -

Hear, hear!

#20 Edited by VoshiNova (1687 posts) -

@meatball said:

It really does feel like things have been on the decline to me, lately - but I don't think there's any danger that the site is about to just stop. It's understandable with everything that has gone on. I hope the guys turn it around.

It just really sucks that there's no more ILM or TNT (or some other regular Thursday free-stream) and that half the premium content is just Brad playing a game I have zero interest in and it seems like 50-75% of every episode of Unprofessional Fridays has been largely boring for a while now. I'm not sure I'm going to renew my subscription, honestly, which isn't helpful, but you know, I'm not sure I'm going to be happy with having spent that money over the next 12 months. Ugh, sorry, I shouldn't be using this as my personal spot to whinge obnoxiously.

Looking forward to Giant Bomb figuring it out. Hopefully the next gen consoles bring some spark back. I could really go for a Vinny/Jeff endurance run or some sort of Vinny/Jeff regular premium content.

No reason to apologize, I feel the same way and it makes me feel good to know I'm not a duder uno.

Also, I agree that Vinny/Jeff combo ER could be a ringer for my personal giantbomb plight.