#1 Posted by OptimusPrime (81 posts) -

This is to you, he who will not be named.   We are not, not buying Braid because it is $15.  NO.  We are not buying it because in reality a $15 game costs US $20.  Yes, for you see, Microsoft does not allow exact amounts to be charged to a persons credit card, they only allow the buying of Microsoft points!!!  What is a person to do when they can only buy in 10 or 20 dollar increments and NOTHING in between!!!  Don't blame us for your game not selling well.  Blame Microsoft, For it isn't us that is saying $15 is too much, NAY, We are only saying...$20 is too much.  Make your game $10 or make it FREE!!!  ...plus, think of how much you could have already made if it was only 800 points.  You would have avoided all this controversy to boot.

#2 Posted by KillerFly (396 posts) -

The game is expensive because they don't think the game will sell well anyway, so they are trying to recoup the costs of makng it.

#3 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -

There has not been a single purchase of Braid on my friends list. I think that's indicative of how well the game will sell. Yes, it's possible to recoup your losses if you make the price higher; but that's a very one-sided way of thinking. You're going to drive more people away if it's a 20 dollar game (Same thing happened with OtRSPoD). Especially if the game offers at *most* 4 or 5 hours of gameplay. I don't like paying 4 or 5 bucks an hour for anything, period.

#4 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Well, I bought it, and have no regrets.

#5 Posted by dum41 (26 posts) -

So buy a bunch of points and get some other games along with Braid. There are a lot coming out this month. What's wrong with that?

Alternatively, just get it when it comes out for PC.

#6 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

I had some left over points from purchasing other games. Braid only cost me $12.50.

#7 Posted by Keano (466 posts) -

Cry some more please, maybe MS will care enough to spit on your general direction.

#8 Posted by normajean777 (450 posts) -

Classic M$ ha and you all bow to them

#9 Posted by Keano (466 posts) -
normajean777 said:
"Classic M$ ha and you all bow to them"

says the Cow that pays extra to get Rumble in his controller, LMAO!!!!
#10 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

lol no they made it expensive cause its that good its an amazing game.

#11 Posted by HitNRun (344 posts) -
normajean777 said:
MS published Braid?

KillerFly said:
"The game is expensive because they don't think the game will sell well anyway, so they are trying to recoup the costs of makng it.
And they were wrong, and now they're paying for it in $$ and outrage.

It was a gamble. Normally charging less brings up sales, and the trick is to find the sweet spot. With Braid, it cost so much to make that they charged $15, betting (safely) that the enthusiasts will still buy it, but covering their asses just in case it didn't go mainstream.

Well now it's caught everyone's eye, so they end up leaving money on the table because it won't sell nearly as well as it would have at the same price as other XBLA games, and end up getting a lot of grief for it as well.
#12 Posted by OptimusPrime (81 posts) -
Keano said:
"Cry some more please, maybe MS will care enough to spit on your general direction."
whos crying?  certainly not I.  I am merely trying to explain why the game isn't selling very well.  I have no problems with game.  I just dont like the microsoft points idea.  Bad idea microsoft.
#13 Posted by TheBigTicket (41 posts) -

I'm not buying it because it's overrated, I played the trial and I do not see at all what the deal is. I hope it fails at selling.

#14 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

This game is good, it would sell at ten dollars.  I bought it, but nobody else on my friends list has, nobody wants to pay $15 dollars for it, this price is just hurting and, it would have made more money at ten dollars

#15 Posted by normajean777 (450 posts) -
Keano said:
"normajean777 said:

says the Cow that pays extra to get Rumble in his controller, LMAO!!!!"
at least i dont have to pay to have wifi and a play and charge and also the yearly fee to play online so i win
#16 Posted by dum41 (26 posts) -
normajean777 said:
"Keano said:
"normajean777 said:

says the Cow that pays extra to get Rumble in his controller, LMAO!!!!"
at least i dont have to pay to have wifi and a play and charge and also the yearly fee to play online so i win"
No. No one wins in this situation.
#17 Posted by InuFaye (80 posts) -

Braid is worth 15 dollars.

You have spent more on shitty 60 dollar games.