Podcast - DF #60: E3 and a Vagina

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

Edited By kush
This week’s episode of Distributed Failure is an extra long E3 extravaganza featuring special guest Atheistium, who is a member of Destructoid’s UK podcast: The Podcastle. She was kind enough to lend her voice (and vagina) for a little E3 after thoughts special and we are extremely happy to accommodate both. You can follow her on Twitter, check out her writings at Consolemonster.com, or give her blog a visit at viera.nu!

We start off this show like any other with “What We’ve Been Playing”. We talk about Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Red Faction: Guerrilla, Resistance: Fall of Man, Overlord II, the Uncharted 2 multi-player beta, and much more. We continuously stray off-topic, but eventually managed to get through “What We’ve Been Playing” and get down to business, the business that is “E-Trio”.

We began our E3 discussion with a breakdown of each of the Big 3’s press conferences and eventually choose a “winner”. We then talked about the surprising absences of E3, such as the absence of Rare and the lack of a PS3 Slim announcement. We follow that up with our best and worst moments/news from E3 and end it all with our game of the show.

We had a lot of fun recording this episode and we hope you enjoy listening to it. Once again I just want to thank Atheistium for joining us on this very fine day and wanted to let her know that she is always welcome to stop on over as a guest anytime. Just remember: You bring the dumpage and I’ll bring the sausage! Don't forget to rate/review us on iTunes!

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By kush
This week’s episode of Distributed Failure is an extra long E3 extravaganza featuring special guest Atheistium, who is a member of Destructoid’s UK podcast: The Podcastle. She was kind enough to lend her voice (and vagina) for a little E3 after thoughts special and we are extremely happy to accommodate both. You can follow her on Twitter, check out her writings at Consolemonster.com, or give her blog a visit at viera.nu!

We start off this show like any other with “What We’ve Been Playing”. We talk about Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Red Faction: Guerrilla, Resistance: Fall of Man, Overlord II, the Uncharted 2 multi-player beta, and much more. We continuously stray off-topic, but eventually managed to get through “What We’ve Been Playing” and get down to business, the business that is “E-Trio”.

We began our E3 discussion with a breakdown of each of the Big 3’s press conferences and eventually choose a “winner”. We then talked about the surprising absences of E3, such as the absence of Rare and the lack of a PS3 Slim announcement. We follow that up with our best and worst moments/news from E3 and end it all with our game of the show.

We had a lot of fun recording this episode and we hope you enjoy listening to it. Once again I just want to thank Atheistium for joining us on this very fine day and wanted to let her know that she is always welcome to stop on over as a guest anytime. Just remember: You bring the dumpage and I’ll bring the sausage! Don't forget to rate/review us on iTunes!

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Endogene

How the hell did i end up in this thread...

edit: just noticed the title

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By ZombiePie

So I started my summer vacation early and missed almost all of E3.I'm trying to catch up on everything and hopefully I didn't miss anything big...

Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Muttinus_Rump

Big fan of Podcastle, so definately going to check this one out. Great show guys!

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I ought to start listening to your podcasts and reading your blog posts more Kush, 

Cause we all know 
Vagina's 

Nuff' said
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#6  Edited By LordAndrew
@Endogene said:
" How the hell did i end up in this thread...edit: just noticed the title "
The title's probably the reason you came into the thread in the first place. :P
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kush

Hopefully the title makes you come, while the sausage makes you stay! ...wait, what!? Seriously though, it was really nice to having a new guest on the show and Atheistium was a fantastic guest and a lot of fun. I think this episode was a pretty damn good one and I hope people enjoy it. We probably could have rambled on for another hour if we wanted to...it was quite easy for us to trail off-topic.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TwoOneFive
@LordAndrew said:
"
@Endogene said:
" How the hell did i end up in this thread...edit: just noticed the title "
The title's probably the reason you came into the thread in the first place. :P "
der ya think!?
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TwoOneFive

this is a wierddd podcast. 

you are an...interesting fella. 
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kush
@TwoOneFive: a.k.a. =

this is an awesomeee podcast

and I am an...awesome fella!
Gump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Gump
@Kush said:
" Hopefully the title makes you come."
Yes, it actually works as expected. I imagine she (Atheistium) must be really very happy about that.

If you click here your computer will be infected by a virus. Not kidding.
IroncladMerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By IroncladMerc

Lent her vagina? Not sure if I should listen, not sure what that means.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kush
@IroncladMerc: Doesn't that bit of curiosity make you have to listen to the podcast? If you don't listen you're just going to end up struggling to fall asleep every single night thinking, "What did he mean by 'lent her vagina'?...WHAT DID HE MEAN!?"
hendersonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By hendersonman

ONe of the best shows we recorded, It was a lot of fun.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kush
@hendersonman said:
" ONe of the best shows we recorded, It was a lot of fun. "
He only says this because we had a lady on the show...too bad he never had a chance of "getting some", which is pretty much all he ever thinks about when he thinks about "girl gamers".
simpsons_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By simpsons_28

Well...Hooray for vaginas.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kush
@simpsons_28: That is something I can agree with 100%
Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kush said:
" @IroncladMerc: Doesn't that bit of curiosity make you have to listen to the podcast? If you don't listen you're just going to end up struggling to fall asleep every single night thinking, "What did he mean by 'lent her vagina'?...WHAT DID HE MEAN!?" "
I immeadiately thought of Mrs. Potatohead from toy story. Probably detached it or something. ITS A TRAP!
simpsons_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By simpsons_28
@Kush: Yup. having one tempted me to say that. lol
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kush
@simpsons_28: Well sadly, I do not have one (or maybe I should not be sad...I really don't know). The greatest vagina in all of gaming...it belongs to none other than sir Otacon!

@kitsune_conundrum: Now you have me thinking about Ms. Potatohead and whether she has a bunch of different vaginas stored for different occasions.

...I must say that after playing on an HDTV again for some time...playing on an old, crappy, blurry 13" SDTV is extremely uncomfortable.
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kush said:
" @simpsons_28: Well sadly, I do not have one (or maybe I should not be sad...I really don't know). The greatest vagina in all of gaming...it belongs to none other than sir Otacon!

@kitsune_conundrum: Now you have me thinking about Ms. Potatohead and whether she has a bunch of different vaginas stored for different occasions....I must say that after playing on an HDTV again for some time...playing on an old, crappy, blurry 13" SDTV is extremely uncomfortable. "
every sentence in this post is disturbing to me in some form or another.
simpsons_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By simpsons_28
@Kush: you shouldn't be sad! Be glad. Be very happy you don't!   

And we all know that Otacon is just like that. Did you see the scene where he peed himself in MGS?? Didn't look like how it should of.
simpsons_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By simpsons_28
@kitsune_conundrum: Well the topic has the word "Vagina" In it. That get's attention.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kush
@simpsons_28: I just have to say that I am filled with an extreme amount of glee due to the fact that you rhymed right there (I love rhyming). Don't forget Otacon's long, lush hair...there is no way that a vagina-less person could take care of a head of hair like that! :P

@kitsune_conundrum: Well I'm glad I was able to disturb you in more ways than one! That is my sole purpose here on GB!

...I have a question for everyone out there. I am currently out of town, but I took my "tard" 360 with me and a few games. I want to play these games, but at the same time I don't because I don't want to get achievements while offline and thus without a date affiliation. Am I odd for feeling this way? ...and a second thought: Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword is a surprisingly awesome game... I think I may actually like it more than NG2!
simpsons_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By simpsons_28
@Kush: Yeah. He would have to have a vagina if his pee landed below him. And he cries SO MUCH. lol.
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kush said:
" @simpsons_28: I just have to say that I am filled with an extreme amount of glee due to the fact that you rhymed right there (I love rhyming). Don't forget Otacon's long, lush hair...there is no way that a vagina-less person could take care of a head of hair like that! :P

True, I tried to grow long lush hair once and it was messed up. Grew sideways instead of down.
simpsons_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By simpsons_28
@kitsune_conundrum: Yeah! I have awesome hair. Maybe it's because I take care of it. Or because of the vagina. I don't know!
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hormones, its always their fault.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kush

I love how the word "vagina" can cause such interesting discussions. If you add "vagina" to anything...they (a.k.a. everyone) will all surely come! As much as I didn't mean for that to sound extremely dirty, I know that many people will only take it as dirty.

simpsons_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By simpsons_28

I don't see what you mean...excuse me.
vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina.
Now as I was saying. I don't see what you mean?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kush

Early impressions on Prototype: It's pretty fun so far and the interactivity of the game is nice...the "web of intrigue" is an interesting way of delivering the story, but nothing too compelling as of yet. I can say that I'm officially tired of the whole "let's start the game in the future with a fully upgraded character and then go back to the beginning after giving the player a taste of what's to come..." <--- I just find that shit to be annoying and overused now. Think of something else will you!!!

creamclouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By creamclouds

great podcast. best I've heard on giantbomb, (next to the Giant Bombcast), it's funny and doesn't venture way off point.