Podcast: DF #66: Call of Juarez's Secret Monkey

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

Edited By kush
Another week and another episode of Distributed Failure is here for your listening displeasure. We have an extra long and extra special episode for all our listeners this week. We have a special guest who will be joining us as a permanent co-host for as long as he wants. This special guest goes by the name of BigSt3ph3n, formerly of Why Are We Friends, and he is big, black, and proud! (minus the being black part) We had a blast with our new guest this week and hopefully you enjoy this new addition just as much as us!

This week's "What We've Been Playing" features a very lengthy and in-depth discussion on Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, as well as some little baby discussions on The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, Wheelman, Sonic Unleashed, Bionic Commando, Raiden Fighters Aces, and much more! We follow that up with some gaming news including the Bioshock 2 delay, the leaked redesign of the Tomb Raider franchise, and the absolutely ridiculous "Prestige Edition" of Modern Warfare 2.

We end the show with a tiny Sausage Dump. We talk about a few of TV shows once again including True Blood, Weeds, and BigSt3ph3n's man-crush for Grey's Anatomy. We hope you enjoy the show and don't forget to rate/review us on iTunes.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By kush
Another week and another episode of Distributed Failure is here for your listening displeasure. We have an extra long and extra special episode for all our listeners this week. We have a special guest who will be joining us as a permanent co-host for as long as he wants. This special guest goes by the name of BigSt3ph3n, formerly of Why Are We Friends, and he is big, black, and proud! (minus the being black part) We had a blast with our new guest this week and hopefully you enjoy this new addition just as much as us!

This week's "What We've Been Playing" features a very lengthy and in-depth discussion on Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, as well as some little baby discussions on The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, Wheelman, Sonic Unleashed, Bionic Commando, Raiden Fighters Aces, and much more! We follow that up with some gaming news including the Bioshock 2 delay, the leaked redesign of the Tomb Raider franchise, and the absolutely ridiculous "Prestige Edition" of Modern Warfare 2.

We end the show with a tiny Sausage Dump. We talk about a few of TV shows once again including True Blood, Weeds, and BigSt3ph3n's man-crush for Grey's Anatomy. We hope you enjoy the show and don't forget to rate/review us on iTunes.

hendersonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By hendersonman

This was one of the best shows we have done. I thought of maybe a question of the week: What type of Bosses do you hate in Video Games.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kush

I have a question specifically for Xbox 360 owners: Would you pay $60 for Shadow Complex if it were a retail release? ...I'm probably one of the rare few who really loves this type of game and would gladly have paid $60 for it. And for the majority who say they wouldn't pay $60; why? Is it because of the length? ...the 2D gameplay? ...the lack of multi-player? etc...

I'm just a bit curious.

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By TheGamerGeek

Kush. No. Not at all.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kush
@TheGamerGeek: But you're like...8 years old! You can't even afford the game at $15! :P

...I have a serious question for those who have listened to the show for at least a little while now: What are your thoughts on the new guy, BigSt3ph3n? Do you think he meshes well with us and the show? I know that both Rob and myself had a blast and think he fits rather well with our current set up, but I'm just a bit curious as to what some of the listeners think...
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Kush:  This is the first time I have listened to your podcast and I like it so far. I'm actually only about half way through now but it's entertaining. I can't make comparisons to earlier podcasts but from what I have heard "BigSt3ph3n" seems to have some good game knowledge and opinions, and I think you guys all mesh pretty well. Good job.
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By ZombiePie
@Kush: One of the reasons why people are excited for Shadow Complex is because they are excited to see games' mixing of other past games for its gameplay. These gamers have a nostalgic connection and happy memories with the games that Shadow Complex draws inspiration from, but I on the other do not. I haven't played any of the Castelvania games, nor have I played any of the Contra games. Because of this I'm extremely skeptical on whether or not the game will be a sucessful hybrid of various game concepts that I haven;t experienced, as such a $60 price tag doesn't intice me to buy a game that remains an enigma to me.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kush
@JJWeatherman: Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad to hear that you thought BigSt3ph3n worked well on the show...so far all the feedback seems to be rather positive. :)

@ZombiePie: Everything you say makes sense...I don't expect people unfamiliar or uninterested in the genre to be as excited as someone like me, but my God, I can't help but be massively excited for the game. If the game goes live on Amazon right away I may even give away a code as a prize on the podcast!
TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheGamerGeek

I do like me some Big Stephen. Although nobody can replace Gus. EVER. EVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kush
@TheGamerGeek: All we have to do is have BigSt3ph3n belch every now and again and say "That is whack!" and you won't even notice the difference! For instance...the game Tour de France 2009 is totally WHACK! I don't understand why that game exists...
TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheGamerGeek
@Kush Because it's amazing. The depth, the strategy, it's all too fantastic for your crazy mind. :P
hendersonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By hendersonman

Also we have to make Big Stephen Asian. Is there a machine that does that?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kush

It's probably best if I just leave the show and then Gus and Bru can make their triumphant returns...we all know that they both left because of moi.

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheGamerGeek
@Kush said:
" It's probably best if I just leave the show and then Gus and Bru can make their triumphant returns...we all know that they both left because of moi. "
It's only a matter of time until Big Stephen leaves cause you talk about stabbing him in the chest and pissing in his eyes or something along those lines.
smokeH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By smokeH

another cool podcast, I think im gonna start visiting Pixelated Sausage a lot more now since I have a lot more time on my hands. Gonna be sweeet!

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kush
@TheGamerGeek: I seriously have no idea where that came from...I think you may want to go see a doctor or something. 
@smokeH: Glad you enjoyed the show and hopefully you continue to enjoy our future shows! :) ...and welcome to the PS XBL Leaderboard as well.

...Currently playing Nascar 09 and I think I've officially lost interest in Nascar games, or maybe Nascar games just haven't changed in the past 5 years and need something new and fresh...I really don't know. I'm also curious if anyone else is excited about the Kings of Leon track pack coming to Rock Band this week? It has personally made me very happy because it now makes me no longer feel obligated to but GH5...Hurray! (also excited for more tracks from Rise Against as well...Yay for Chicago!)