Podcast: DF #68: Marvel vs Cricket

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

Edited By kush
Another week and another episode of Distributed Failure is here for your listening displeasure. Once again we have another long show, though you can expect a much shorter episode next week (BigSt3ph3n will be on vacation). More off-topic ramblings and many moments of shame, but let's get right into the meat of the show with "What We've Been Playing".

This week's "What We've Been Playing" features discussion of 'Splosion Man, Marvel vs Capcom 2, The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, Ninja Blade, Overlord II, Fuel, and much more. We follow that up with some gaming news including the Splinter Cell: Conviction delay, the announcement of a sequel to The Darkness, Warren Spector's Disney game, and plenty more.

We end the show with a Sausage Dump featuring some film discussion including (500) Days of Summer and Bruno. We should all thank Sasha Baron Cohen for giving us a film with a talking penis! We hope you enjoy the show and don't forget to rate/review us on iTunes.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By kush
Another week and another episode of Distributed Failure is here for your listening displeasure. Once again we have another long show, though you can expect a much shorter episode next week (BigSt3ph3n will be on vacation). More off-topic ramblings and many moments of shame, but let's get right into the meat of the show with "What We've Been Playing".

This week's "What We've Been Playing" features discussion of 'Splosion Man, Marvel vs Capcom 2, The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, Ninja Blade, Overlord II, Fuel, and much more. We follow that up with some gaming news including the Splinter Cell: Conviction delay, the announcement of a sequel to The Darkness, Warren Spector's Disney game, and plenty more.

We end the show with a Sausage Dump featuring some film discussion including (500) Days of Summer and Bruno. We should all thank Sasha Baron Cohen for giving us a film with a talking penis! We hope you enjoy the show and don't forget to rate/review us on iTunes.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

I still don't know, if you do, please enlighten me..was it his actual penis? That's fucked up if it was, lol. All I know is that the Pube styling was certainly similar, but that could be down to special effects.

Where does the Cricket come into this?, I hope your not taking the piss out our nations sacred sport, if you are I will do my utmost to round up the few Cricket fans we have here and troll this thread. Just so you know, Cricket balls are much harder...baseballs are soft in comparison. That's why Cricketers have to wear so much padding.

I may get Overlord 2, what with the Wii game being weak wiikiddie crap...I should have known when I saw all the fairytale nonsense,

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By ZombiePie

Warren Spector making a Disney game, no one step better--a steam punk Mickey Mouse game, is the weirdest news that I have heard in a while.

Oh and great show as always!

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kush
@Linkyshinks: I can't speak on the matter of the penis due to the fact that I didn't see the movie (and I don't have any desire to see it), but as far as the Cricket goes...It's referencing the Cricket demo that was on XBL this past week, which I played and wasn't exactly enjoying myself. I also find it odd/funny that the demo either completely disappeared from XBL after the show, or they just removed it from the New Arrivals section (I wasn't inclined to do a detailed investigation).

@ZombiePie: It may seem like weird news, but I think it's also pretty damn cool news...except for the fact that it's on the Wii of course. I LOVE Warren Spector and now the douche may end up forcing me into buying a Wii. ...Bastard!
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By ZombiePie
hendersonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By hendersonman

The penis was an actually penis, but I believe the uretha hole was maybe cg. That has to be the worst thing I could ever remember typing into Giantbomb forums

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kush
@ZombiePie: For me...anything Warren Spector works on is a must play for me. It could come out that he's making a Disney fitness game based around High School Musical and I'd end up buying a system just for that game...and he would probably figure out some way to make it awesome too.