#1 Edited by kyledanderson (37 posts) -

Considering the shocking and upsetting news of Ryan's death, is there any word if a podcast will be released today? What time are they usually released? I am more antsy than usual because I want to share in the memories of Ryan's life.

I would assume not, and would not be disappointed if there wasn't. I understand the entire community of GiantBomb and the family and friends of Ryan need their time. My guess is there won't be.

#2 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4293 posts) -

Nothing yet, man. Jeff hasn't said anything. Or Brad.

#3 Posted by NPfeifer (182 posts) -

I understand the need to heal, I totally get that, but c'mon, it's like letting the terrorists win if they don't put one up.

#4 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

@npfeifer said:

I understand the need to heal, I totally get that, but c'mon, it's like letting the terrorists win if they don't put one up.

The Reaper is a god damn terrorist if you ask me.

#5 Edited by Spoonman671 (4746 posts) -

@npfeifer said:

The Reaper is a god damn terrorist if you ask me.

So you're saying we need to call in Shephard?

#6 Posted by kyledanderson (37 posts) -

Is there a set time they usually release them?

#7 Posted by afabs515 (1257 posts) -

I really hope they put one up. Wouldn't be surprised or offended if they took a week or two to recover a bit. Fingers crossed though.

#8 Posted by ottoman673 (556 posts) -
#9 Posted by FRWrath (6 posts) -

I really want to hear from them. I'd understand if they didn't, but I feel like I need to hear them to make sure the family is OK.

#10 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4293 posts) -

Is there a set time they usually release them?

These days (before) I expect it by 10 PM CST, or so. But that's me.

#11 Posted by subyman (654 posts) -

A tasteful celebration of Ryan in a podcast a month or so from now seems more appropriate rather than while everyone is grieving.

#12 Edited by Mister_Snig (623 posts) -
#13 Posted by kadash299 (281 posts) -

podcast confirmed

#14 Edited by Poppy_Persona (155 posts) -
#15 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Nothing stops the Bombcast. Jeff would do the Bombcast on his deathbed, or while his head is in a jar.

#16 Posted by McLargepants (395 posts) -

https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/354764570595827714

For those who don't want to copy and paste, Patrick posted on twitter about 20 minutes ago, "podcast".

#17 Posted by ElmerGlue (32 posts) -

Patrick confirmed a podcast today.

#18 Edited by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Ryan would never have let there be a Tuesday without a Bombcast. Going to be tough to listen to.

#19 Posted by vegetashonor (652 posts) -

Look, it's going to break our hearts to hear this, but I feel I can't breath until they do. I need to hear my long distance friends voices. They mean a lot to me, as I'm sure they do to you too. The bombcast will not stop. It's for Ryan!

#20 Posted by cthomer5000 (845 posts) -

I don't know how they're doing it, and I wouldn't be surprised if we have to hear the break music a few times. God bless 'em.

Unfortunately, i think they all realize the longer they wait to get back to normal, the harder that will be and the more focused everyone will be on whatever content comes next.

And in all this confusion i think i'd forgot about his relocation... I wonder if Patrick is skyping in or if he's traveled back.

#21 Posted by SPARTAN3 (53 posts) -

I don't like how nothing new has gone up I want to know the GB guys are ok.

#22 Edited by QuaglarTheIV (64 posts) -

@spartan3

try not to worry about it. I'm sure previous Bombcasts have gone up later than this. If they have recorded it, it must have taken a long time to record in order to get the tone right and properly articulate what they have to say, and will probably take a while to edit.

If they didn't than that's fine too, but I think they would have posted something saying so.

Check back every once and a while but don't drive yourself crazy. They love this community, know how much we love them and will let us know when they are ready to let us know.

#23 Posted by ElJosh (38 posts) -

Brad posted a pic from in the podcast room, so im guessing its getting a once over and being posted

i will be balling my eyes out tonight, cant listen to it at work tomorrow for that reason

#24 Edited by SPARTAN3 (53 posts) -

@quaglartheiv: Ya very true, I bet editing this one wold take awhile.

#25 Posted by cblanknz (20 posts) -

This is one I am going to have to listen to at home. Normally listen while working.

#26 Posted by LegendaryChopChop (1234 posts) -

I think it should wait until next week. I was just thinking about it today, and even if there was one day: I just couldn't listen to it.

#27 Posted by VACkillers (1075 posts) -

I would completely understand if there wasn't one... I would actually be quite supprised if there was actually.... everyone is just bummed out and sad about this whole situation, I couldn't even imagine how the guys at GB are handling this, or the gamespot crew, or anyone who knew him in the industry (which was just about everyone).

#28 Posted by QuaglarTheIV (64 posts) -

In case some of you don't know. it's up....
i tried listening twice so far, each time i broke down... I'm 38 seconds in...
Just had about 4 shots of melon smirnoff and am sipping a hiniken because we have shitty booze at work.
Don't worry, I'm not on shift or driving home...
I'll try an dive back in in a second here... Staring to get tipsy.