Point and Click Adventures

greennoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By greennoodles

Anyone love point and clicks? Favorites? i know they still make a few, there any good ones still out there?

I love the old Police Quest and Monkey Island series. Both maniac mansions are great and Sam & Max (I like the new ones too).

i think my favorite of all time though is Fate of Atlantis. That should have been Indy 4.

phatkav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By phatkav

I used to play a lot of them about 8-9 years ago. Now, I don't see that many of them. There is the Sam and max series. I heard it's pretty decent.

Terra1909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Terra1909

Day of the Tentacle was awesome.

I'd like to see more point and clicks.

tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By tec3297

Sam and Max, but Day of the Tentacle is pretty awesome too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I like the Myst games, The 7th Guest, and The 11th Hour. No much else, honestly.

FaintDeftone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FaintDeftone

My favorite PC game is a point and click adventure game called Blade Runner, based on the Ridley Scott film. It was developed by Westwood Studios (RIP Westwood) and is probably one of the most memorable games in existence.  Anybody who hasn't played it, I highly suggest hunting down a copy. Its fantastic.

I used to play a lot of point and click adventure games in the mid to late 90s. Some of my favorites were Space Quest, Leasure Suit Larry, Maniac Mansion, Phantasmagoria, and Gabriel Knight.

Marnox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Marnox

My favourite point and click games are Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2.
Can't wait to get my hands on the new one, Chaos Happened.
I signed up today and wrote in the wiki of those two games. Can't wait to see if they will accept my edits :P

Chilreu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Chilreu

Myst. I like some others, but none of them come even close in quality and depth to Myst.

callik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By callik

Grim Fandango and Monkey Island rate as my highest. The new Sam & Max games are pretty awesome.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Absurd

My favorites are Grim Fandango and the Monkey Island series...If you haven't played Grim Fandango then you must

I hope LucasArts makes more Point-and-Clicks one day or atleast a 5th Monkey Island :D

BinaryDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By BinaryDragon

I love point and clicks, I run a podcast and a few months ago me and my housemate were talking about great point and clicks. One for the record books is 'Full Throttle' I loved that game. Ah memories.

If you like point and clicks you should check out Ben Crowshaw's 'Days' games. They are free and can be found on his website, they are amazing titles. Quite serious but very compelling.

his website is www.fullyramblomatic.com

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Absurd

Man, I tried to replay some old Point-and-Click adventure games and I don't think I have the patience anymore, I mean I've played so many shooters that they feel too slow. (or maybe I've replayed them too often)

BinaryDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BinaryDragon

I went trough a phaze, I played Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis, Day of the tentacle the dig and Monkey Island one. All in the space of 5 days. It was awesome. That was only 3 months ago.

I got hooked again playing the ben crowshaw PnC games.

It was fantastic fun!

Avatar image for worldsfastestshrimppeeler
WorldsFastestShrimpPeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're great, Point and clicks are one of  my favorite types.
My favorite would have to be Sam and Max.

brydello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By brydello

I love Sam & Max.

iamsickofspam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By iamsickofspam

Everything everybody else has said, + Broken Sword 1 and 2, Blade Runner, and The Longest Journey.

ozeki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ozeki

Like BinaryDragon said, the Chzo Mythos by Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw (of Zero Punctuation fame) are very, very good.

They are mostly adventure, survival-horror point-and-click games but the story and the characters are extremely engaging. The gameplay is nostalgic and pretty solid and the script is really good. The graphics and animations are also very old school but the game has such a professional vibe to it. I think that if this game was release some 10 or 20 years ago, it would have been an adventure game classic.

You should at least check out the first in the series:
5 Days a Stranger

--

Anyway back to the subject, by the time I was consciously into gaming I think point-and-click games were already dying. I played through Maniac Mansion just recently and loved it. I also player some Monkey Island as a kid but I never really got more into the genre at the time. The Croshaw games really brought me back into it though. When I was a kid I would play any game that would come as a demo with a magazine. So I played the demos for:

• Grim Fandango
  • Blade Runner
  • Men In Black: The Game (a pretty bad adventure game based on the first movie)
  • Broken Sword II (which I only knew by its French title: Les Chevalier de Baphomet: les Boucliers de Quetzalcoatl back then)
  • Sanitarium (a crazy game where you started in a mad house with no memories)
  • ...so many other random adventure games I played but don't remember the details of.

I never really had the chance as a kid to get the full version and play them so I pretty much played those same demos over and over. I should get a move on and play those games now that I'm an adult but life ain't all about games like it used to be when we were kids. :-/

There used to be this maddeningly-hardgame about you being a detective (or a cop) and having to solve a crime for some lady about her missing sister I think. That was the classic story starter back then. :D

So, I was really into it but I just couldn't get out of my office. There was this dude (my partner I guess) and he wasn't helping much either. The game was mostly black and white and with live-action style characters I think... not sure... wish I could remember the name of that game just for the kicks of it.
Beaudman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Beaudman

I love point and clicks. My favorites are Grim Fandango, Longest Journey, and Syberia 1&2.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Absurd
Ozeki said:

"Like BinaryDragon said, the Chzo Mythos by Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw (of Zero Punctuation fame) are very, very good.

They are mostly adventure, survival-horror point-and-click games but the story and the characters are extremely engaging. The gameplay is nostalgic and pretty solid and the script is really good. The graphics and animations are also very old school but the game has such a professional vibe to it. I think that if this game was release some 10 or 20 years ago, it would have been an adventure game classic.

You should at least check out the first in the series:
5 Days a Stranger

--

Anyway back to the subject, by the time I was consciously into gaming I think point-and-click games were already dying. I played through Maniac Mansion just recently and loved it. I also player some Monkey Island as a kid but I never really got more into the genre at the time. The Croshaw games really brought me back into it though. When I was a kid I would play any game that would come as a demo with a magazine. So I played the demos for:

• Grim Fandango
  • Blade Runner
  • Men In Black: The Game (a pretty bad adventure game based on the first movie)
  • Broken Sword II (which I only knew by its French title: Les Chevalier de Baphomet: les Boucliers de Quetzalcoatl back then)
  • Sanitarium (a crazy game where you started in a mad house with no memories)
  • ...so many other random adventure games I played but don't remember the details of.

I never really had the chance as a kid to get the full version and play them so I pretty much played those same demos over and over. I should get a move on and play those games now that I'm an adult but life ain't all about games like it used to be when we were kids. :-/

There used to be this maddeningly-hardgame about you being a detective (or a cop) and having to solve a crime for some lady about her missing sister I think. That was the classic story starter back then. :D

So, I was really into it but I just couldn't get out of my office. There was this dude (my partner I guess) and he wasn't helping much either. The game was mostly black and white and with live-action style characters I think... not sure... wish I could remember the name of that game just for the kicks of it.
"
You just reminded me of Sanitarium, that game was so great, Wow THANK YOU A LOT!
DeathBySnuSnu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DeathBySnuSnu

Monkey Island & Myst definitely.

And do internet ones count?  Mystery of Time and Space counts for me because it was so long, but I loved playing it.
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ThePlothole

The point and click adventure is my all-time favorite genre. The last one I played was Sam and Max, Season One. Now I'm waiting for the new Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People (which is being made by the same developer).

My favorites would be the Monkey Island series and Day of the Tentacle. Oh, Zack and Wiki is also a pretty good P&C adventure... There isn't much in the way of story, but lots of great puzzles.

igpx407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By igpx407

My favorite is a tie between Day of the Tentacle and The Curse of Monkey Island. The Sam and Max games (both new and old) are also very good as is Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. The Phoenix Wright series for DS is also a ton of fun.

DeathBySnuSnu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DeathBySnuSnu
ThePlothole said:
"The point and click adventure is my all-time favorite genre. The last one I played was Sam and Max, Season One. Now I'm waiting for the new Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People (which is being made by the same developer).

Oh, Zack and Wiki is also a pretty good P&C adventure. There isn't much in the way of story, but lots of great puzzles.
"
Are you lining up for makeouts or high fives?
tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By tariqari

Sam and max is cool. LucasArts also made a bunch of good ones back in the day. I know there's some others I really like but I can't remember them right now.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By Karmum

They are not so bad, Sam and Max is pretty fun.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By Black_Rose

Im not a fan but i loved Zack & Wiki

Evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Evilross

The Myst games are fantasic. I'd like to see the series return in some form. There was a point and click game on the original NES called Shadowgate, and it was a pretty good one, although it was kinna short.

I recently picked up an adventure game from the $10 rack at Target called Journey to the Center of the Earth. It's not very good.

wowzers002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By wowzers002

get diablo 2!!

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29  Edited By Termite

I like the idea of point and click, but too often I get bored with them after the first 2 hours

BinaryDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BinaryDragon
wowzers002 said:
"get diablo 2!!
"
Wrong kinda point and click.
ZackBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ZackBoy

I'm thinking of getting Broken Sword DirectorsCut on the iPhone. I guess my question is if there is enough new content to justify the purchase if I've already finished the original game? 

JohnRehill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By JohnRehill

I've never really like point and clicks, honestly.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#33  Edited By BeachThunder

Yes ;D

I wish Grim Fandango were a point and click adventure :(  Anyway, I would say Beneath a Steel Sky, followed by Day of the Tentacle. 

@Evilross:  Shadowgate was awesome, especially the eerie music.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dalai

Oh you, old thread. 

But yes, Maniac Mansion remains one of my favorites. I've also been enjoying what Telltale has been doing the past few years. I loved Sam & Max and Strong Bad was also pretty damn good.

Altruis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Altruis

Zack & Wiki for Wii was rather good, though I only know about it through a friend so couldn't play through the whole thing,and it is a bit different from the standard point and click. Would probably be worth looking at if you have a Wii

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Definently check out A Vampyre Story its a great Click and Point game :)

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By Alphiehyr

Never thought that far back. I only enjoy the current and very recent point and click adventures, provided they have a rich background story.