#101 Edited by ViciousAnchovy (771 posts) -

these things are horrifying and ruining my pokemon memories. Awesome work.

#102 Posted by ssdelorean (12 posts) -
#103 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Great job Duder! Can't wait for Arcanine.

#104 Edited by HolyCrapItsAdam (448 posts) -

Duder these are amazing!!! Great job. Keep it up. I know you can do it!!!

#105 Posted by Bones8677 (3267 posts) -

I love the idea, and the artwork. I'm an artist myself, and I need to practice so I think I'll join in on your little experiment. You're not gonna get through all of the pokemon until the launch, so I'd like to help you out.

#106 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
Let's call this one Pidgey.

#107 Edited by pepperzz (160 posts) -
#108 Posted by AURON570 (1674 posts) -

holy crap damn dude this is awesome!

I foresee that first post becoming extremely LONG, unless you switch to the tiled image layout at some point, haha.

#109 Edited by pepperzz (160 posts) -

I killed and ate @symptomz, gained his powers, and continued with Ekans.

#110 Edited by TheHT (11549 posts) -

Terrifying/Stellar

#111 Edited by SleepyDoughnut (1229 posts) -

well this is awesome.

#112 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -
#113 Posted by Marmalade (192 posts) -
#114 Posted by Sanity (1940 posts) -

Awsome work, these are great! Im not even remotely artistic so it always impresses me to see what people can do in such a short amount of time.

Cant wait for Koffing, if you make it that far.

#115 Posted by Aronman789 (2687 posts) -

Will you incorporate the glorious Missingno?

#116 Posted by Symptomz (130 posts) -

@bones8677 Ye of little faith :P I think I'll make it to Chikorita

@ssdelorean That's radd. I actually read those in the back of EGM growing up. Maybe there's the slightest hint of that in my style?

@auron570 Yeah, I think I'm gonna fiddle with it soon.

@aronman789 Didn't even cross my mind until you said it. I just might.

And once again thanks for all the kind words.

#117 Edited by Symptomz (130 posts) -

#118 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11930 posts) -

@symptomz said:

Yep. Morbidly Obese Pikachu is about as upsetting and fantastic as I would have hoped.

#119 Edited by HeavenInBlack (14 posts) -

These are ridiculously awesome. Keep it up!

#120 Edited by D_Bones (365 posts) -

Ah man didn't know what you were going to do with Pikachu to make him look nasty....good job. Btw this whole thing is great and I really enjoying coming to this thread once a day for an update. Looking forward to some of the harder to make creepy Pokémon like Dratini and shit. And am obviously excited for some of my faves like Haunter, Geodude and Gyrados getting a makeover. GREAT WORK!!

#121 Edited by JJOR64 (19024 posts) -

@symptomz said:

Yep. Morbidly Obese Pikachu is about as upsetting and fantastic as I would have hoped.

This is pretty damn awesome.

Also the Arbok is rad. Keep it up!

#122 Edited by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -
#123 Edited by Marmalade (192 posts) -

Having been inspired by this thread, I decided to try my hand at this drawing stuff. After haphazardly scribbling down too many lines I ended up with this.

#124 Edited by TruthTellah (9362 posts) -

@marmalade: I like it. It's like a Clefairy had a baby with a ghost from Super Mario Bros. :)

#125 Edited by darkdragonmage99 (741 posts) -

Dude now all of a sudden I want a dark mature console Pokemon game all of a sudden.

#126 Posted by JackSukeru (5922 posts) -

All hail the thunder buddha Pikachu!

#127 Edited by TyCobb (1973 posts) -

Dude now all of a sudden I want a dark mature console Pokemon game all of a sudden.

Same. The teenager in me loved the original Pokemon game when it came out. Now the adult in me wants this re-envisioning. Fuck. I would actually chip in on a Kickstarter for this. Someone make an indie Pokemon-like game. NOW!

#128 Edited by Symptomz (130 posts) -

What pokemon do you guys think the bomb squad would have? There are no Pokemon that look enough like pugs for Rorie to have.

#129 Edited by kerse (2117 posts) -

@symptomz said:

What pokemon do you guys think the bomb squad would have? There are no Pokemon that look enough like pugs for Rorie to have.

Jeff would probably have a Koffing/Weezing, Rorie could have an Arcanine

#130 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@symptomz said:

For some reason, I like to imagine Patrick having a Doduo or Dodrio, and Alex have a Rhydon.

#131 Posted by JackSukeru (5922 posts) -

@symptomz said:

Well there's Lillipup and he posts a lot of small dogs on Twitter...and in posts he makes on the forums, so I'd think he'd be into it. As was mentioned Jeff has declared his appreciation for Koffing so that's a given. Brad might pick Cubone after this:

and for some reason I'm picturing Ryan picking up and raising a very rude Pikachu.

#132 Posted by JackSukeru (5922 posts) -

Other possibilities that came to mind:

Brad "eat and get sleepy" Shoemaker has a Snorlax.

Alex has a Croagunk, because look at it!

Patrick meets his fro match in Bouffalant while being secretly stalked by a Misdreavus.

#133 Posted by Symptomz (130 posts) -

It's possible you're a genius. So what do we got

Jeff: koffing,

Alex: croagunk, rhydon

Patrick: doduo, bouffalant, misdreavus

Ryan: pikachu, maybe psyduck?

Brad: cubone, snorlax

Rorie: lillipup, arcanine,

Vinny: ...?

Vinny would have a Magnezone possibly

#134 Posted by JackSukeru (5922 posts) -

I forgot to mention this but your Raichu looks super awesome. I also completely agree with the King regarding Patrick having a Doduo, it just feels right for some reason.

Psyduck is always a good choice and I checked the Pokemon snap video they did where Ryan describes Psyduck as "dope", so that seems legit. At around the same time Jeff states that Slowpoke is "the craziest looking Pokemon" in an appreciating manner so I say put him down for a Slowpoke.

Magnezone is one of the few added evolutions to Gen 1 pokemon that I really like and it totally makes sense with Vinny if you go the ham radio wave direction, though personally I feel Magneton feels more like a "radio wave" Pokemon, while Magnezone is a more "Sci-fi/UFO" Pokemon. Unown is also a Pokemon associated with radio waves, even if it's kind of useless outside of a collecting perspective (I did catch every single type once). I also thought about suggesting one of the baby Pokemon for Vinny, but couldn't settle for anyone specific.

Safety Gear Brad makes me think of Gurdurr, take it or leave it, and the easy route to go with Drew is suggesting some type of Flying Pokemon, though I'll leave it to someone else to suggest a good one.

Also, this is so obvious that I can't believe I didn't think about it before, but a Dinosaur like Pokemon, such as Rampardos or Archeops, would of course be prime candidates for Patrick.

#135 Edited by SamStrife (1286 posts) -

@symptomz said:

As a Raichu lover, I love this Raichu.

What about Granbull/Snubbull for Rorie?

EDIT: Vinny could have a Loudred/Exploud perhaps?

#136 Edited by Damodar (1429 posts) -

Isn't Ryan the one that has repeatedly voiced an appreciation of Koffing?

Anyway, great job!

#137 Posted by JackSukeru (5922 posts) -

@damodar: When it comes to Pokemon Jeff and Ryan seem to have the same level of interest and taste.

According to their separate wiki pages both of them has named Koffing as their favorite Pokemon.

#138 Posted by TooWalrus (13240 posts) -

I think Jeff was way into Geodude.

...uh.

#139 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I think Jeff was way into Geodude.

...uh.

I present to you: Geoduder.

#140 Edited by TooWalrus (13240 posts) -
#141 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

I didn't expect these to be so ugly. And by that I mean that they're really good.

#142 Edited by Greenshoes (284 posts) -

Did you guys know Arbok spelled backwards is Kobra?

#143 Posted by KentonClay (256 posts) -

I'm not saying you should draw Brad, Jeff, Ryan, and Vinny as the Elite 4, but I'm not NOT saying it either.

#144 Posted by BBAlpert (1532 posts) -

For Vinny, I'd say either a Gastly/Haunter/Gengar (for that penchant for causing complete and utter mayhem in games like Sleeping Dogs) or a Machoke wearing jeans and a black t-shirt.

#145 Posted by pepperzz (160 posts) -

I'm not saying you should draw Brad, Jeff, Ryan, and Vinny as the Elite 4, but I'm not NOT saying it either.

This is the best idea. Patrick could be the rival at the end too.

#146 Edited by KentonClay (256 posts) -

If they were gym leaders, I'd give the giant bomb crew these types:

• Jeff - Rock
  • Ryan - Poison
  • Vinny - Ghost
  • Brad - Electric
  • Patrick - Psychic
  • Alex - Fighting
  • Rorie - Fire
  • Drew - Ice
#147 Posted by 49th (2788 posts) -

I really enjoy coming in here every few days and seeing what is new.

Please give Primeape big bulgy veiny arms and a fucked up nose, and keep up the good work.

#148 Edited by Hunter5024 (5840 posts) -

I wish I had some form of artistic talent so I could draw Trainer versions of the bomb squad. Also that Raichu looks so much more badass than Raichu has ever looked before, glad the Pikachu wasn't all cutesy as well.

#149 Edited by Symptomz (130 posts) -

There's no part of me that doesn't want to draw the BombSquad as the Elite four.

#150 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -