Pokemon Gold/Silver Remake! Hell Yes!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Under_Influenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Under_Influenz
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Heart Gold and Soul Silver? How are those related? Why not something better?

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EvilTwin

Is anyone else baffled by the concept of remaking a 9(?) year old game that is already pretty much remade every other year?

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Red

Now the only question is what my starter should be...

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By AgentJ
EvilTwin said:
"Is anyone else baffled by the concept of remaking a 9(?) year old game that is already pretty much remade every other year?"
I dunno, you could say the same thing about tons of other gaming series, like Halo or Gears. I'm excited.
SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By SpecTackle
EvilTwin said:
"Is anyone else baffled by the concept of remaking a 9(?) year old game that is already pretty much remade every other year?"
This.
EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EvilTwin
AgentJ said:
"EvilTwin said:
I dunno, you could say the same thing about tons of other gaming series, like Halo or Gears. I'm excited.
"
Honestly that wasn't even me taking a shot at the Pokemon games.  I liked all the ones I've played.  It just surprises me that they're remaking such a new game when new iterations of the franchise come out so frequently already, and they don't do very much to give a perception of change in the series considering all of the games are named after colors, precious metals, and jewels. 
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By KaosAngel

Wait so let me get this straight...you can already import all the G/S/C poke'mon to D/P/P.  D/P is the SAME Poke'mon games from the old days but "finalized"...so they're going back to make a game everyone's played before. 

You can already get the G/S/C Poke'mon in D/P, I see no need for this game.

What happened to the only one franchise per generation?  R/B/G/Y - GB, G/S/C - GBC, R/S - GBA, D/P - DS.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Red
KaosAngel said:
"Wait so let me get this straight...you can already import all the G/S/C poke'mon to D/P/P.  D/P is the SAME Poke'mon games from the old days but "finalized"...so they're going back to make a game everyone's played before.  You can already get the G/S/C Poke'mon in D/P, I see no need for this game.What happened to the only one franchise per generation?  R/B/G/Y - GB, G/S/C - GBC, R/S - GBA, D/P - DS."
Right now I'm playing Pokemon Platinum, a game I played two years ago, and it's awesome. Playing through a game that I played 8 years ago (and didn't actually manage to beat) will be even more awesome. 
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KaosAngel
Red said:
"KaosAngel said:
"Wait so let me get this straight...you can already import all the G/S/C poke'mon to D/P/P.  D/P is the SAME Poke'mon games from the old days but "finalized"...so they're going back to make a game everyone's played before.  You can already get the G/S/C Poke'mon in D/P, I see no need for this game.What happened to the only one franchise per generation?  R/B/G/Y - GB, G/S/C - GBC, R/S - GBA, D/P - DS."
Right now I'm playing Pokemon Platinum, a game I played two years ago, and it's awesome. Playing through a game that I played 8 years ago (and didn't actually manage to beat) will be even more awesome. "
You can already GET the G/S/C Poke'mon in D/P, what's the point?!
Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AgentJ
KaosAngel said:
There are big differences between the features and storylines of each games, not to mention that in Gold and Silver you could go between Kanto and Johto, which means the game is twice as big as any other pokemon game. And you get to battle Red, the original trainer.
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Red
KaosAngel said:
"Red said:
"KaosAngel said:
Right now I'm playing Pokemon Platinum, a game I played two years ago, and it's awesome. Playing through a game that I played 8 years ago (and didn't actually manage to beat) will be even more awesome. "
You can already GET the G/S/C Poke'mon in D/P, what's the point?!"
So? I don't play Pokemon to "catch 'em all" I play it for building a cool team.
Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Luke
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AgentJ

This is text from the website translated with Google. Sounds like there is a new element

Pokemon Corporation (President: Ishihara Tsunekazu), Nintendo DS, Pokemon soft heart of gold and silver, Pokemon, Seoul, will be released in fall 2009. 

Heart of Gold and Silver Pokemon is Seoul, DS JOUTO local stage debut with the powerful features of the series so far is filled with the latest development as a new element. Since its launch in 1999, boasts the world's sales of more than 2,300 million yuan in the film GEMUBOISOFUTO now・The Pokemon Gold and Silver from 10 years to newborn here.

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By PercyChuggs

And here EA gets the bad rap for milking and rehashing their games...

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Red
PercyChuggs said:
"And here EA gets the bad rap for milking and rehashing their games..."
Newsflash: all Nintendo does is make the same game over and over again.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KaosAngel
Red said:
"PercyChuggs said:
"
That's debatable...as I have yet to see the same Mother/Earthbound game.  Damnit Nintendo...just release it already!
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AgentJ
Red said:
"PercyChuggs said:
"
Soo, Metroid Prime is the same as Super Metroid? Pikmin is the same as everything else they've already made? Sure they are well known for milking their franchises, but whenever they do something new like Elite Beat Agents or Donkey Kong Jungle Beat no one buys the games.
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Red
AgentJ said:
"Red said:
"PercyChuggs said:
"
Soo, Metroid Prime is the same as Super Metroid? Pikmin is the same as everything else they've already made? Sure they are well known for milking their franchises, but whenever they do something new like Elite Beat Agents or Donkey Kong Jungle Beat no one buys the games.
"
That's why they just make the same game over and over again. And no, Metroid Prime isn't the same as Super Metroid, but it's pretty dang similar to Metroid Prime Echo.
mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By mattbodega

So, first question: Are you excited? I really loved Gold and Silver way back in the day, especially because of the sheer size of that game(Pretty sure it was the only game in the series to let you explore two different regions, which meant you could collect 16 BADGES! That's so many badges!)
Secondly , Heart Gold and Soul Silver will mark the second time in the franchise that a game has been directly remade(following Fire Red and Leaf Green released on the GBA) Obviously, part of the success of the Pokemon series has been Game Freak's amazing power to sell players the same games multiple times( There are now 3 different versions of the original Pokemon Games, including the original games and the Yellow Re-Release). Now there are three versions of the Gold/Silver line. When are we, as players, going to realzine that Game Freak is selling us THE SAME GAME THEY'VE BEEN SELLING US SINCE 1998! OH GOD. WE'RE JUST COGS IN THE POKEMON MONEY MACHINE. WE'RE GOING TO BUY THESE REMAKES AND THE REMAKES OF RUBY AND SAPHIRE NEXT JUST YOU WAIT. OH GOD.

Granted, I'll still buy them. But I'll buy these remakes with a frowny face.

Finally, who else thinks that 2009 is the year where people kept saying "The Worst Kept Secret in the Industry"? How many "big secret anouncements" have we known about weeks before the launch? Assassin's Creed 2, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, The PSP Go...it makes things  in this industry a little less interesting.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

Why did you bump this thread?^^^^^^^^^

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers