Posted by bunnymud (717 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: POLL: Alex's Chin Hair (298 votes)

Yes, I like the soul patch 54%
No, it didn't even look good in the 90's 46%
#1 Edited by EXTomar (4689 posts) -

Never get into a land war in Asia and never comment on another man's chin hair.

#2 Edited by SaturdayNightSpecials (2374 posts) -

It's terrible but I don't begrudge him it.

#3 Edited by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

Other: I like it and it fits him, but I feel it has grown over the years into an intimidating entity.

Seriously, he needs to trim that thing and make it smaller!

#4 Edited by wrecks (2245 posts) -

It's like an upside down mustache, on his chin.

#5 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2028 posts) -

It's fiiine! My only regret is that my chin hair grows a lot messier.

#6 Edited by Zajtalan (1163 posts) -

no pictures?? fail

#7 Edited by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

He just wants to fit in!

#8 Posted by Flappy (2206 posts) -

Hey! As a man that has to trim his soul patch every once in a while, I respect Alex's ability to grow a respectable one.

DON'T FUCK WITH ALEX, SON. HIS GOONS HAVE GOONS AND THEY GON' GET'CHA.

#9 Edited by Mushir (2389 posts) -

Alex wouldn't be Alex without the soul patch.

#10 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

I'm pretty sure his facial hair doesn't qualify as a soul patch. Whatever you call it, though, looks fine on him.

#11 Posted by Animasta (14675 posts) -

you know, considering other people's ability on this site to grow beards (Patrick and Jeff specifically), his is totally fine.

#12 Edited by RollingZeppelin (1959 posts) -

I thought a soul patch was a bit of hair under the lower lip. I think his facial hair would look better if it wasn't as wide, but he should do whatever he wants.

#13 Posted by Boom_goes_the_dynamite (715 posts) -

Pretty sure what Alex has isn't classified as a soul patch, so I refuse to answer this poll. Howdie Mandel though has a soul patch.

#14 Posted by wjb (1657 posts) -

@animasta said:

you know, considering other people's ability on this site to grow beards (Patrick and Jeff specifically), his is totally fine.

Yeeeaaah...

I've gotten used to Patrick's goatee, but yeah, he looks a lot better without one. With the exception of maybe Ryan, all of them would look better without facial hair. Assholes have kind of ruined goatees and it was always a "90's thing" (long sideburns, too), but whatever, people do what they want.

I'll give Alex credit, though. He has had that chin hair for years. He needs to keep nu-metal alive!

(...and I think some people don't know what a soul-patch is.)

#15 Edited by bunnymud (717 posts) -

I know it isn't a soul patch, but it was the closest thing to one. I had no idea what to call it.

EDIT: Goggle image search calls it a "Petite Goatee"

#16 Posted by alternate (2697 posts) -

I have heard it called a hockey puck,

#17 Edited by wjb (1657 posts) -

@bunnymud said:

I know it isn't a soul patch, but it was the closest thing to one. I had no idea what to call it.

EDIT: Goggle image search calls it a "Petite Goatee"

I think what Alex has and what Patrick has can all fall under "goatee".

#18 Posted by Itwongo (1185 posts) -

Alex can rock it

#19 Edited by NegativeCero (2996 posts) -
#20 Posted by Wampa1 (648 posts) -

@wjb: Whenever I see Alex I immediately think of nu-metal and Johnathan Davis' terrible hair, now I know why.

#21 Edited by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

I thought a soul patch was a bit of hair under the lower lip.

It is.

#22 Posted by Chuncho_Munos (45 posts) -

The Button Mashing theme video wouldn't have worked with some one clean shaven in that role

#23 Posted by ShaggE (6429 posts) -

I say it's time we take back goatees from the people who made them a bad thing. Fedoras, too. No man should live in shame of a hat or a style of facial hair! Be free, Alex! Be free to stand and be proud! I salute you!

(Note: None of this applies to Guy Fieri. Somebody forcibly shave that man before I do it myself.)

#24 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2028 posts) -
#25 Posted by Legion_ (1270 posts) -

It's fucking awful. Looks like poop. Really.

#26 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

I think it looks fine.

@wjb said:

@animasta said:

Yeeeaaah...

I've gotten used to Patrick's goatee, but yeah, he looks a lot better without one.

I can't imagine Patrick without his goatee anymore, looking back at videos before he grew it freaks me the fuck out.

#27 Posted by bunnymud (717 posts) -

At first I hated Patricks facial hair. But it really works for him.

#28 Posted by jiggajoe14 (670 posts) -
#29 Posted by LackingSaint (1791 posts) -

I prefer all the Bombers with facial hair. Jeff looks like a cartoonish villain and it's great.

#30 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

It's a thing that exists.

#31 Edited by Winsord (1212 posts) -

@lackingsaint: Most of them could still do better than what they have now, though. See figure 1 below:

Figure 1

#32 Edited by konig_kei (607 posts) -

It looks gross but Alex wouldn't be Alex without it. On a side note Patrick looks like a man now and Jeff should grow the moustache back.

#33 Posted by BisonHero (6453 posts) -

@lackingsaint: Goddammit, you're so right about Jeff. I think part of it is that his hair is Super Saiyan all the time.

#34 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2217 posts) -

Alex's chin hair is his defining facial characteristic, without it I wouldn't be able to recognize him.

#35 Posted by SecondPersonShooter (616 posts) -

You can't get rid of it, it's an iconic piece of history.