(POLL) Who do you think will win the Motion Control War?

• 96 results
face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By face15
schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By schizogony

Wii

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By face15
Overall who do you think will have the better motion control? Things to consider are:  

• Use in 'hardcore' games 
  • Potential for sales in casual audience 
  • Price 
  • Precision and Accuracy 
  • Overall usefulness 
  • Uses outside of games

Oh, and if you say 'The Wii has already won' I don't care. It's not part of this discussion.
Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Im pretty sure the Wii won it already. 
Edit: didnt see the post above so im changing the answer to me, thats right I won.

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By simian

No matter who wins, we lose.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By face15
@Mr_Skeleton: Did you even read my first post? This isn't meant to be about the Wii's relative success or failure it's about the Move and Kinect.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Move and Kinect will fail equally.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

• Nobody who calls themselves a "hardcore" gamer cares about motion controls in their games.
  • Advertising yo. It has nothing to do with what you are selling, it's how you sell it.
  • Kinect is more expensive but so is a PS3, there will be little difference overall.
  • Move looks like it has the most precision, and accuracy, but Kinect can model your whole body which looks much better to me.
  • Kinect menus looks pretty neat. The ability not have to use a remote to watch TV or movies on my xbox actually looks pretty cool. VR aswell. I don't know what use you could make for Move that you couldn't do with a wii, so you may aswell use the remote you already have.
  • See previous.
I really couldn't give a crap either way, I have a 360 but I don't play it much. My Gold membership ran out a few weeks ago and I didn't even notice. So I won't be buying Kinect. 
Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Joshakazam
@schizogony said:
" Wii "
LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By LiquidSwords

What the hell are 'hardcore' games? 
 PS- Wii

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By face15
@zudthespud: When I said use in 'hardcore' games I was speaking specifically to the fact that Sony is implementing Move support into real games like Killzone 3 and Socom 4. I don't think that motion controls could ever replace standard controllers but the idea of using the Move for a second play through of Killzone is appealing to me. If you think that means I can't be a 'hardcore' gamer then I think you're an idiot.
I didn't say exactly that I was talking about the Move in that bullet point since I was trying to keep it broader and ask if people think Kinect could ever work in non-mini-game products, and if so, will Microsoft ever do it? 
Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

If Microsoft doesn't charge sixty bucks for Kinect games, I think they can probably beat Sony.

SirBlimE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By SirBlimE

Larger install base, will prolly give Kinect a better start.  And who knows, they might win due to the broader appeal of their machine. (work at a game store, and people still buy 360, because they feel that the games for 360 are more family friendly)

But my money is on the move, as i feel kinect is too "gimmicky" for my taste.

plapshapaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By plapshapaul
@simian said:
" No matter who wins, we lose. "

On a more serious note, I'm a pc gamer so I couldn't care less... Except if Micro$$$oft eventually releases Kinect to the pc audience, and that I seriously doubt.( I wouldn't buy it anyway)

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Whatever is cheaper ;)

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By MooseyMcMan

C. WiiMote.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eat a bag of Hell, the Wii has already won

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By Sambambo

The Kinect is a great piece of tech, however I cant see any good games coming of it.

The move is a copy of the wii, but may actually be good.

I voted Move.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By KingBroly
@schizogony said:
" Wii "
First post wins.
teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By teh_pwnzorer

Sony's Move seems to have more fidelity, but I'm not buying any motion control doodads.

Xanth93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Xanth93
@schizogony said:
" Wii "
guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By guiseppe

Hasn't the Wii already won? I doubt the new stuff can compete with them at all. As it is now, I personally think that the Move seems to work the best, but I find Kinect to be the most interesting of the three. As I said, I don't think Kinect nor Move can catch up to the Wii's already massive sales, so I'll have to vote for the Wii, even I personally think that Move has the most going for it.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By JoeyRavn

Seriously, not including the Wii as an option is a terrible mistake. If there's a "motion controller war" it's because everyone is now jumping at the motion controller bandwagon the Wii started. Or at least, reformulate the question, because you are now implying that the Wii has nothing to do or say in this "war"... 

But whatever, if it's between those two, I pick Kinect. At least it's a step forwards real motion-controlling things, as opposed to the Playstation's "Wii 2.0" Move, IMO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@face15: I just want to get this out of the way, I don't try to stereotype, when someone calls themself a hardcore gamer I think they've got their head up their arse.  If "Hardcore" means playing Sony's next blockbuster than whatever. It means nothing.  

Sony shoehorning motion controls into their franchises is their way of trying to get you to buy it. It's not going to be the optimum experience as the game has been designed originally for a controller. I sounds like something Microsoft would do actually, I'm surprised only one of their main franchises has taken it on board. Even then it's not as a serious game, the Forza game seemed much more like a mini game than a proper game.

I agree with Teflon Billy, the Wii has already won. If you enjoy playing shooters on the Wii then you will enjoy playing them on Move, it's practically the same thing. The thing is Move isn't going to sell 100,000,000 PS3's. If only Sony had came up with it 4 years ago maybe they wouldn't be losing so much money.
Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Castro

I would go with the Wii. Since that isn't an option, I'll go with Kinect. It's obvious that Sony and Microsoft are both gunning for the Wii crowd with all of this motion control hooha, and I don't see anyone that already has a Wii running out and getting the Move. Kinect is a different enough experience that I think people might be interested. The fitness game from Ubisoft looks pretty promising and Dance Central is reason enough to pick it up. Also, Kinect will likely be cheaper than the Move when you factor in the costs of the PlayStation Eye, Move controller, navigation controller, probably a second Move controller and so on. If the purported price of $150 is correct, Kinect seems like a good deal.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monkeygb21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By Monkeygb21

Kinect will move more systems and sell more in the USA but Move will sell better worldwide.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jadeskye

Wheres the 'who fucking cares?' option? =o

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#32  Edited By Meowayne

Look, its the five millionth thread on the same topic.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ryanwho

Once again we're omitting the far and away industry leader and making this a contest for the silver medal. Which new motion control will fail less? I'd say Kinect.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By face15
@zudthespud: Firstly, I've been saying 'hardcore' because that's the easiest way to establish what type of games I am talking about since everyone knows what someone means when they say it; sure it makes you sound like a douche but that's why both of us have been using quotation marks. 

And with the Wii, I don't consider it to be a success. Yes, it's sold a shit load consoles but as a piece of gaming hardware it is a failure; I own a Wii and the only games I have enjoyed on it are Wii Sports for about 20 minutes and New Super Mario Bros Wii which hardly uses the motion control at all. The thing that has me at least cautiously optimistic about the Move, and to a lesser extent Kinect, is that where Nintendo have already established the Wii as a casual toy, Sony and Microsoft have an opportunity to innovate and hopefully create a way for motion controls to work well in the games I like to play.  What I've seen and read of the Move so far tells me that it's a lot more precise to the point where it could be accurate enough to provide the fidelity needed for current gaming standards, and you can't deny that if Kinect is used in some really clever and subtle ways it could be really cool. 

So, I suppose the title of this poll should have been; "Do you think that either Move or Kinect will ever become products that are accepted by the core gaming audience rather than being exclusively for casual gamers?" because I define the success of a gaming product by how well it works in games, maybe that's just me and everyone else defines it by sales. I'm sorry I should have been more clear.
allprox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By allprox

Where's Ron Pearlman? he'll know.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ryanwho
@face15 said:

"  And with the Wii, I don't consider it to be a success.  "

People who measure success by success call the Wii a success. If I say "Avatar is unsuccessful", my definition of success is not the one people give a damn about because its not accurate. And if my support of "Avatar is not a success" is some flimsy anecdotal evidence, when I weigh it against the tangible success the movie found I'm factually wrong. I'm either wrong about the movie or I'm wrong about what I think success means.
face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By face15
@ryanwho: You seem to be very obsessive with sales, but just forget them for a moment and answer this; Which is the better gaming console, Wii, PS3 or 360? 
If you can honestly say you think that the Wii provides better opportunity for fun games then my follow up question is 'how old are you?'  
 And, yes, I do define the relative success of a product by how well it does what it was intended to do.
Drakhir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Drakhir

Wii.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By VWGTI
@ryanwho said:
" Once again we're omitting the far and away industry leader and making this a contest for the silver medal. Which new motion control will fail less? I'd say Kinect. "
I would say this is the best answer.
Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Semition

Between the two, I'll say Kinect, simply because it has more novelty than the Move.

The Wii is still going to be the clear leader.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#41  Edited By ProfessorEss

I have both a 360 and a PS3.
My wife has watched videos with me on both motion controllers.
I'm not buying either.
My wife can not wait to get  Kinect and showed no interest in the Move.

I'm curious how many people there are out there in the same position as me.

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#42  Edited By Jazz

Bob

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@face15 said:
" If you can honestly say you think that the Wii provides better opportunity for fun games then my follow up question is 'how old are you?. "
BZZZT!

Thank you for playing, there will be some lovely parting prizes on your way to GTFO.

I daresay you will find millions who will choose better opportunities for fun on the Wii than on the 360 and PS3 over all demographics.
Your argument seems deeply rooted in the mindset that "THE WII IS A BABBY CONSOLE FOR BABBIES WAGGAL CAN BE MATURE NOW!"

No Caption Provided

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By face15
@TeflonBilly: If you enjoy playing the Wii then okay.... but I can't understand that, at least from the what I've played I can't find there to be anything compelling about the controls of the Wii or any of the games. Maybe you could recommend some Wii games for me?  

And those millions of people you talk about that prefer the Wii are probably not on this website so they're kind of irrelevant to this discussion.
tranquilchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#46  Edited By tranquilchaos
@TeflonBilly said:
" @face15 said:
" If you can honestly say you think that the Wii provides better opportunity for fun games then my follow up question is 'how old are you?. "
BZZZT!

Thank you for playing, there will be some lovely parting prizes on your way to GTFO.

I daresay you will find millions who will choose better opportunities for fun on the Wii than on the 360 and PS3 over all demographics.
Your argument seems deeply rooted in the mindset that "THE WII IS A BABBY CONSOLE FOR BABBIES WAGGAL CAN BE MATURE NOW!"

No Caption Provided
"
So... 13 then?
ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#47  Edited By ProfessorEss
@RiotBananas said:
Yeah your wife showed interest in my videos too. "
Yeah, she likes to have a good laugh from time to time.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ryanwho

snap, snap 

grhud5194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers