POLL- Who is the strongest boss in the game? Dark Souls

• 65 results
SGT_HAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Not the easiest to defeat. because you can kill Manus without engaging , with long-ranged arrows from behind the bows. who is the most difficult to defeat face to face with no shortcuts.

SGT_HAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for me. I say manus. he magic attacks are very hard to avoid. he has very high HP. highest in the game. hes harder than gwyn to beat.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Did you put a Dark Souls thread in General Discussion or is there a bug with where posts are getting put still?

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had the most trouble with the Stray Demon (aka Asylum Demon II).

I eventually had to cheese that bastard with dung pies and hiding in the shadows with my ring of fog and slumbering dragon ring.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

O&S no contest

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this a poll with no actual poll?

I'm confused.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The 4 Kings consistently give me the most trouble on my playthroughs.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Where is this poll you speak of?

It will always be the damn Gargoyles for me. Didn't have any issue with O&S, but those damn Gargoyles were the biggest pain in my ass. I told them to stop stabbing me there.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I had the most trouble with Manus first time, but I didn't know you could get an item which lets you avoid the dark magic. I rolled through it.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Havent beaten the game yet (beat O&S a week or so ago and havent played since), so take this with a grain of salt.

Oddly the Hydra in darkroot basin (which isn't an actual boss, but I count it as one) was the hardest for me. It would have been alright if those fucking crystal golems werent there. Having to lure them out 1 by 1 every time I had to retry was frustrating. Shut the game off a few times on that one.

If I was to name an actual boss, probably Sif. Though it only took 3 or 4 tries, and I fought him earlier than patrick and vinny did.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I have a headache trying to read through this thread.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

It says poll but it's not a poll. I am disappointed.

I had the hardest time with the Abyss Walker (I forget his real name). All the other bosses were pretty much push overs. I know people say Lord Gwyn is easy, but I had a rough time with him too; probably because of the build I use.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I'd never played the Dlc, but as far as the main game goes it was definitely Ornstein and smough. The Asylum demon and the gaping dragon were two of my toughest challenges, but once I found the way to cheese them they were cake. O&S however was much more generally challenging. There were definitely patterens there to take advantage of, but the actual application of those tactics were a lot more challenging personally.

SGT_HAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SGT_HAM

@cornbredx:

I put "poll" in the title. but i dont know how to create a poll.

sorry guys.

SGT_HAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanwithnoplan:

O&S are definitely the hardest in the game when it comes to purely getting the crap kicked outta you. i summoned help on NG+. i took'em down after two tries on my first playthough. NG+ was tough.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Manus. Motherfucker took me 3 hours

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@sgt_ham said:

@themanwithnoplan:

O&S are definitely the hardest in the game when it comes to purely getting the crap kicked outta you. i summoned help on NG+. i took'em down after two tries on my first playthough. NG+ was tough.

It took me something around a dozen times the first time I took them on.

Also for the future, you can create a poll by selecting it on the top of the page when you go to create a new thread.

No Caption Provided

SGT_HAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SGT_HAM

@themanwithnoplan:

i will remember that. i thought the option will be within the thread creation. didnt see the GIANT BUTTON too. hehe

SGT_HAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tycobb:

you sure? the gargoyles are the easiest in the game.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I actually died the most times to the Taurus Demon right when I started playing the game (probably like 5-7). The only other boss that I didn't beat on my first or second try was Sif, but that was because I fought him just about as early as you can in the game, and I was using a 2h zwei build so I was super slow. I also never summoned anyone, be it an NPC or another player.

I am The Darkest Soul?

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sgt_ham said:

@tycobb:

you sure? the gargoyles are the easiest in the game.

Pretty sure I know what did and didn't kick my ass in a game.

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By endoworks

Stray Demon was the one that kicked my butt the most, but it was the boss that once I beat it I was so pumped up that no matter what happened after that I knew I could do it. So Stay Demon was the most gratifying win and to me the one I had the least hope of ever beating for the longest.

SGT_HAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SGT_HAM

@ajamafalous:

never summoned anyone in my 1st play through mainly because i killed most NPCs. thought they were enemies lol. though i summoned few times in my 2nd. and I was almost never a human. so i didn't know about summoning until the 2nd either lol.

VeggiesBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By VeggiesBro

After playing NG+, i'd have to say O&S. I also spent a bunch of time on Gwyn in NG+. Not a ton, but enough that I ended up learning how to parry/riposte him to death. which was super satisfying.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Tarsier

nobody can answer this until theyve played through with calamity ring on new game + and grave lorded max level 125.

(i can not, but here is me fighting ornestein and smough on such a playthru)

Loading Video...

PS if i had to make a wager i would say "artorias" (as i dont think i even attempted him in this playthrough yet :P)

mrbrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I feel good saying Gwyn killed me alot. Like a final boss should!

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Karkarov

I would say Ornstein and Smough, or Gwynn if you restrict yourself to not using parries.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Since you said "Strongest" I'd have to say Kalameet, dude's strong. Gwyn without parrying is the hardest, but the DLC bosses are all pretty comparable. Having gone back and played it recently Flamelurker is roughly Sanctuary Guardian difficulty at an appropriately low SL.

SGT_HAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SGT_HAM

@tarsier:

ofcourse. someone with a light armor. and calamity ring(just why?). i think its funny when you see these online playthroughs of killing bosses. they run the lightest armors. come so CLOSE to die. and they never do. haha. man. i can never do that. hopefully Dark Souls II gives some more advantage to heavy armors. something like way way more protection. they have quite a lot now. but not alot compared to the speed difference between light and heavy armors. this is the only thing i hate about Dark Souls . the advantage of speed over power. given the intended part of From software to make bosses. and generally enemies. easy to beat with speed and rolling.

SGT_HAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave:

Cutting kalameet tail is the hardest thing to do IN THIS GAME. absolutely and nobody can say no to that. it took me about 15 hours along with a friend to cut his tail. though hes not hard to beat. his attacks are slow and easy to read. good armor. 80+ stability and a high poise shield and your good to go. just a weapon with good range. Great scythe does it.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Ornstein and Smough gave me the most trouble. One shotted every boss after them on my first playthrough. Saving the DLC for the next run, but I imagine that Artorias and that dragon aren't going to be a cakewalk.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I had the most trouble beating the Gargoyles, because I didn't know I could summon NPCs. Once I did though I got them on my first try (though after like 15 tries by myself I was getting close on my own, Solaire was practically overkill at that point.) Never had trouble with Ornstein and Smough, that was around the point where my dude was getting overpowered.

On new game plus I had a lot of trouble with the Four Kings. I barely beat them, and it took a bunch of tries.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bed of Chaos, easy. It's totally random whether or not you live or die once you get swept. The direction she hits you has almost nothing to do with the direction you wind up flying in, which is inevitably towards a pit.

Easily the most frustrating part of that game. Your stats do not matter. Your memorization of patterns makes no difference. Your gear is inconsequential. Either the game decides you'll beat it in one go, or you're going into a fucking pit.

Every other boss in the game can be handled with little difficulty once you know how. You can just iron flesh, Havel up and swing away, and most will melt. A rare few require you to actually dodge some hits, and once you get good at that, every single one of them will fall apart.

But Bed of Chaos? Coin flip. Heads? Into a fucking pit.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@mirado: The Bed of Chaos is indeed a pretty bullshit boss battle. Though If such a poll existed, I'd vote for Artorious, because that guy is a fucking tank; he's seemingly strong against everything, and he's so damn aggressive. O&S are a cakewalk compared to that guy, least for me anywhoo.

SGT_HAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee:

what? when we fought with *Artorias he was already weakened by the abyss. he wasn't nearly the hardest boss. Bed of Chaos is easy. because you only need to destroy the two roots and then the bug inside. and it does not reset if you die.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the god damn 4 motherpuppies kings , just friggin hate them and always makes me loose a lot >:(

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I spent about 15 hours learning to fight Ornstein and Smough. Just going in, running around, taking note of how they react to things you do. Then I decided I'd kill them, that I was ready for that, and I did. After that absolutely nothing in the game was a challenge.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By fattony12000

Yourself.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smough and Ornstein probably. I had to do fight them at least five times before I got the hang of it by patiently waiting for openings and smartly managing my flask uses. I was a bit disappointed by how the Manus fight turned out, but maybe I was too over-levelled by that point. Artorias of the Abyss still had some of the best boss fights though.

Ancient_Gray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

O&S are easy for me now. But I've played the game so many times I can't count.

Oddly enough the one fight I dread most is Nito. Just because I hate the idea of running back to it if I die. Not that it's particularly hard, just scary.

Manus was tough but I'd put Kalameet up there too.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still don't get why so many people have trouble with Bed of Chaos beyond the first go around.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By TobbRobb

@fredchuckdave: Because the boss is so uninteresting that no one learns the pattern and just bruteforce it.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sif. I die a little inside every time I have to kill him.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobbrobb: I think the boss is interesting on future playthroughs if you try to do it in one go; not as interesting if you just do one side, die, do the other side, die, then fall on the root. But Puzzle bosses in the Souls series all have that problem (once you know the gimmick it's just easy/fast), granted stuff like the Dragon God is more visually/conceptually interesting than a tree monster.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

So far the only main boss I've had lots of trouble with was The Bed of Chaos. The other "boss" I had lots of trouble with was Havel.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling: My lack of respect for dogs has served me well. Though I guess he doesn't bark so he's okay in my book, but dem souls.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Ornstein & Smough absolutely no contest. For the very simple reason that I still die with them on occaison. Fighting two bosses at a time is just difficult because you can only lock on to one at a time.

Everything else is pretty easy. I dare say Kamaleet is still kinda tough. It does require my full attention anyway. I think the same with Manus. But I just fucking love the Manus boss fight. Reflecting his dark shit with my medallion shit is just the shit. It looks so awesome and makes me feel like a badass. I haven't played the DLC much though, so that might explain why I still think those two are sort of challenging.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: The DLC houses like 4 of the top 7 hardest fights in the series so your respect for it is warranted.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@fredchuckdave: Really? It's been a while since I last played it, but doesn't that DLC only have 4 boss fights? I can only remember that Guardian thing, which was pretty tough at first, Kamaleet, Manus and Artorias. You know, now that I think about it, those two Guardians you get when you finish the DLC; those are fucking hard. Beat them only one time and kind of cheesed them. But then, I was also too proud at that time to put on heavier armor.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: Even after you save puppy Sif? And he helps you with Manus? You still don't feel bad for killing him?