• 110 results
#1 Posted by Deusx (1903 posts) -

Ok I don't like talking about other websites here since Giant Bomb is my one true love but seriously guys, have you seen the content those guys have been making without even having a website? They seem to have the resources for great coverage and offer some great humour down the road. With personalities like Griffin and Justin McElroy, I can't be more excited. I've been a fan of the MBMBAM podcast for a while and seeing those guys actually talk about gaming is an absolute delight. Can't wait for the site to get runing.

I know they are two very different websites but this could be the first Giant Bomb contender in terms of how damn funny they are. Glad to know there are lots of journalists doing great work. What do you think? Are you excited? How about they join CBS and make a huge site called Polybomb.com? Follow the crew at twitter, youtube, and sing up for news on the official site

To quote the great Justin McElroy: "You wanna know who's really killing the game industry? ... Shh, come close. NOBODY IS. VIDEO GAMES ARE AWESOME."

Also: "VIDEO GAMES"

#2 Posted by planetary (348 posts) -

Reserving judgment. I only have bandwidth to follow one site and podcast primarily, and I like my Giant Bomb just fine. :)

#3 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@planetary said:

Reserving judgment. I only have bandwidth to follow one site and podcast primarily, and I like my Giant Bomb just fine. :)

Dude, where do you live?

#4 Posted by Scrawnto (2440 posts) -

I love the McElroys. I stopped reading Joystiq long ago, but I'll definitely be keeping tabs on Polygon as it develops. I've been listening to their Besties podcast too.

#5 Posted by GunstarRed (5115 posts) -

I could probably watch a whole video of just Justin McElroy talking about Blood on the sand.

#6 Posted by thornie (167 posts) -

I love everyone except Arthur Gies. He is the worst. I went to the panel at PAX where they unveiled they're new name/site and I am super stoked. It should be awesome. I love the design aesthetic and the McElroy's are great fun.

#7 Posted by EuanDewar (4886 posts) -

Awwwww Griffin has such a baby face. Pretty excited for all this, MBMBaM is the best podcast out there and they seem to have built up a pretty solid group around the Brothers McElroy for this new site.

#8 Posted by fuzzybunny566 (451 posts) -

do we really have to sing for our news?

#9 Posted by Deusx (1903 posts) -

@planetary said:

I'm sure we can all enjoy two sites! I'm never leaving Giant Bomb but now I have another site to visit besides this one.

#10 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I don't know any of those people.

#11 Posted by BeachThunder (11827 posts) -

@BraveToaster said:

I don't know any of those people.

This. I'm sure they're lovely people though :)

#12 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

I fucking love Polygon.com, almost as much as Giantbomb.com

#13 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

Super heavy tim and eric vibes, I dig it.

#14 Posted by Animasta (14669 posts) -

should have been thwomp.com

#15 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

I am actually kind of excited about this site. Only problem is I am not the biggest Arthur Geese fan. Either way, looks cool and hopefully they will be successful with it.

#16 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7076 posts) -

Goddammit, I'm going to this site just for Griffin and Justin. They're the best.

#17 Posted by NegativeCero (2995 posts) -

I recognize a few, but haven't seen most of their work. I'll keep an eye on them and wish them luck. Being yet another site about videogames, I hope they differentiate themselves well.

#18 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2684 posts) -

Anyone who says they don't know anyone from Vox/Polygon bewilders the shit out of me. You must not pay every much attention to anything in gaming.

But yeah, I was at the panel on Friday when they announced the name change to Polygon. I got one of the t-shirts for being in the first 60 people. Justin and Griffin are incredible. They were both super nice and signed my 3DS as well.

#19 Posted by poser (396 posts) -

IDK they seem pretty good, but they already have given a couples games 10/10. But maybe I should just stop reading reviews and focus on the other content....

#20 Posted by altairre (1176 posts) -

I only now Arthur Gies from the rebel fm podcast and he is awesome so I'll look into it. Thanks for the tip.

#21 Posted by AndrewB (7575 posts) -

Everyone knows that voxels are the future. Such a shortsighted final name...

#22 Posted by Cirdain (3074 posts) -

The end of the name choices bit sold me.

#23 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

Mmm, that Griffin McElroy. He is so hot right now.

#24 Posted by ShaggE (6415 posts) -

Oh goddammit. If they're even somewhat as prolific with their video content as GB is, I'll never have a life again. I can't not watch the McElroys at every opportunity.

#25 Edited by MattyFTM (14367 posts) -

I really don't like the name. Polygon seems so generic. But I suppose it's mathematically impossible to have a name better than Giant Bomb, so why bother trying? Just settle for a generic name. And so far the content seems great and I'm looking forward to seeing them launch the full site.

#26 Posted by Brendan (7752 posts) -

Wait, I thought these guys just set up Vox games with The Verge. Is someone able to explain what's going on?

#27 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

They do look like great people. They should appear as a guest spot on the bombcast one of these days.

#28 Edited by MattyFTM (14367 posts) -

@Brendan said:

Wait, I thought these guys just set up Vox games with The Verge. Is someone able to explain what's going on?

Vox Games was a temporary name. Being on The Verge is temporary and they're launching their own site. They're still the same dudes doing the same thing with the same parent company. Just the name has changed.

#29 Posted by Ferros (220 posts) -

That really is a who's who of internet video game writers. I like Gies and I'm surprised no one is questioning Crecente though. When that guy was involved in Kotaku it wasn't exactly a pillar of excellent journalism.

#30 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

Who are these people and why should I care?

#31 Posted by TheHT (11128 posts) -

Polygon.com is a better name than VoxGames.com.

#32 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

Why do people dislike Arthur Gies (I'd never heard of him before Polygon)

But I'm behind anything that has at least two McElroys.

#33 Posted by SSully (4153 posts) -

If they put out the same kind of cool content that they have from vox gaming then I will visit the site.

#34 Posted by mracoon (4967 posts) -

They should have named it Panda Suplex.

#35 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

I love what they've done so far. It's become my go-to website for video games journalism.

#36 Posted by donkeyscrotes (69 posts) -

People should check out their 'Besties' podcast. It's actually been quite amusing hearing them complain on the most recent podcasts at how few people listen to it.

#37 Posted by Deusx (1903 posts) -

Now I remember Jeff actually said the move to CBS was in some relation to voxgame's new site. Are they afraid or something?

#38 Edited by jozzy (2042 posts) -

Really excited to see what these guys will be doing. I really enjoy listening to the besties because it is pretty funny, only minor gripe is that they feature so many mobile games.

@mracoon said:

They should have named it Panda Suplex.

Totally agree, way better name than polygon (zzzz)

#39 Edited by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

@Deusx said:

Now I remember Jeff actually said the move to CBS was in some relation to voxgame's new site. Are they afraid or something?

They're kind of doing different things? So far Vox/Polygon has more and better written content while GB is about video content and a podcast where some dudes bro out.

#40 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

arthurs gies is part of this? he was ign's best reviewer hands down.

#41 Posted by Aaron_G (1612 posts) -

I've been keeping an eye on their content as it has developed. I'll probably keep looking at as it develops.

#42 Posted by ikwal (225 posts) -

Been following the McElroys since the good old Joystiq podcast so I'm really excited about this. Really liking their Besties podcast so far. I'm sure it will be a nice complement to giantbomb.

#43 Edited by SaturdayNightSpecials (2368 posts) -

They already shut down Vox?

Wow.

EDIT: nvm, I get it.

I don't really like the personalities involved here. Too much Kotaku stock. The McElroys are good as writers but not so much on camera IMO.

#44 Posted by Hailinel (24381 posts) -
@Ferros

That really is a who's who of internet video game writers. I like Gies and I'm surprised no one is questioning Crecente though. When that guy was involved in Kotaku it wasn't exactly a pillar of excellent journalism.

Crecente is the reason I have no interest in the site.
#45 Edited by jkz (4008 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Ferros

Crecente is the reason I have no interest in the site.

Crecente is the reason I'm dubious as well - I wouldn't go so far as to say that I have no interest, though; I like all the other personalities involved (the McElroy's and Gies especially), so I think it's fair to say I'm interested.

#46 Posted by mortal_sb (527 posts) -

i don't like my gaming journalism forced and high class.

#47 Posted by Camosid (110 posts) -

@Deusx said:

Ok I don't like talking about other websites here since Giant Bomb is my one true love but seriously guys, have you seen the content those guys have been making without even having a website? They seem to have the resources for great coverage and offer some great humour down the road. With personalities like Griffin and Justin McElroy, I can't be more excited. I've been a fan of the MBMBAM podcast for a while and seeing those guys actually talk about gaming is an absolute delight. Can't wait for the site to get runing.

I know they are two very different websites but this could be the first Giant Bomb contender in terms of how damn funny they are. Glad to know there are lots of journalists doing great work. What do you think? Are you excited? How about they join CBS and make a huge site called Polybomb.com? Follow the crew at twitter, youtube, and sing up for news on the official site

To quote the great Justin McElroy: "You wanna know who's really killing the game industry? ... Shh, come close. NOBODY IS. VIDEO GAMES ARE AWESOME."

Also: "VIDEO GAMES"

How are any of these video's high class?

#48 Edited by Zacagawea (1589 posts) -

Already have their sitebookmarked. I dig everybody there and everything presentation wise from what they've shown looks super sharp. I can only hope the full website carries on with that. Maybe I can finally stop visiting fucking Destructoid for when I want a shit load of news when it launches.

I feel really weird for being this excited about another fucking website about video games.

#49 Posted by jozzy (2042 posts) -

By the way, that scrawny dude that is not a McElroy looks exactly how I pictured him while listening to the Besties.

#50 Posted by Mikewrestler5 (602 posts) -

The videos they have shot and cut together are miles ahead of what GB has done since its inception.