#1 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1811 posts) -

I just recently noticed that I've never played a proper Sims game. I only ever played Bustin' Out on the GBA, which was awesome, but it's not in keeping with the rest of the franchise. So what about you? Any franchises you just never played?

#2 Posted by GnomeonFire (778 posts) -

I have never played anything with Warhammer in it's name.

#3 Edited by BeachThunder (12416 posts) -
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Final Fantasy
  • Pokemon
  • Halo
  • Silent Hill
#4 Posted by JacDG (2130 posts) -

Zelda.

#5 Posted by The_Grindilow (433 posts) -
  • Mass Effect
  • Bioshock
  • Final Fantasy
  • Resident Evil
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Splinter Cell
#6 Posted by Levius (1228 posts) -

I've never really played a 2D Mario game.

#7 Posted by AndieK (23 posts) -

God of War comes to mind. I've been meaning to change that for a long ass time, I just haven't gotten around to it.

#8 Posted by Fattony12000 (7566 posts) -

So, in actual fact, you have played a Sims game.

#9 Posted by JoeyRavn (4983 posts) -

Basically all of the Sony exclusives. I played God of War: Ghost of Sparta and I just couldn't stand the dull gameplay and gratuitous sex scenes. As far as I know, the whole series is basically that, so, no, thank you. But no.

#10 Posted by matti00 (675 posts) -
  • Halo
  • Gears of War
  • Resident Evil
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • God of War
  • Forza Motorsport/Gran Turismo

The only franchise I've never played that I really want to is Yakuza. Most of the exclusive franchises for 360 and PS3 hold no interest for me whatsoever.

#11 Posted by IBurningStar (2190 posts) -

I have never played one of the many entries in the critically acclaimed My Notebook series..

#12 Posted by Deranged (1859 posts) -
  • God of War
  • Uncharted
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Resistance
  • Sly Cooper

Basically any major Playstation exclusive.

#13 Posted by Blazyrob (3 posts) -
  • God of war
  • Demon Souls
  • Sly Fox
  • Starfox
  • Metroid
  • Street Fighter

I feel this list is too long already...

#14 Posted by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

Haven't played a Nintendo game since N64, but believe me I have absolutely no desire to.

#15 Posted by Gargantuan (1887 posts) -

Anything made by Nintendo and I've missed every Japanese RPG except for Dark and Demon's Souls.

#16 Posted by GalacticPunt (1106 posts) -

Never touched The Sims or Demons/Dark Souls over here. Hadn't actually touched either Portal game until this week, where I was totally entranced by the first one and played it in one sitting. I don't know if you've heard of this Portal thing, guys, but it's pretty good!

Every other major franchise in the history of man, I've had some experience with.

#17 Posted by Pr1mus (3947 posts) -

Pokemon, Monster Hunter, anything with Shin Megami Tensei in the name.

#18 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -

Anything big on the PC. Like Balders Gate or Starcraft.

#19 Posted by Vestigial_Man (311 posts) -

Anything Nintendo, Mario being the standout. I always feel confused when people talk about all of Nintendo's great franchises and characters, none of them look in the least bit interesting to me and without the nostalgia other people seem to have have for them, Nintendo hasn't done anything worth caring about since the launch of the Wii.

#20 Posted by Schatzy23 (164 posts) -
#21 Posted by InfiniteSpark (274 posts) -
  • Castlevania
  • Elder Scrolls
  • Final Fantasy
  • Metal Gear
  • Resident Evil
  • Zelda

Yeah... pretty bad.

#22 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (3781 posts) -
  • Metal Gear 4
  • StarCraft
  • Diablo
  • I did like 5 minutes of Fallout 3 and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion : /
#23 Edited by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1811 posts) -

@Fattony12000 said:

So, in actual fact, you have played a Sims game.

The best and only sims game! I've never played a God of War game.

#24 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (190 posts) -

I don't play many of the bigger PC games like Crysis or DayZ. Never played them before in my life.

#25 Posted by Morningstar (2240 posts) -

Tomb raider. Never saw the appeal of the ridiciously proportioned Lara Croft.

#26 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2030 posts) -

Apparently the Dreamfall stuff is fairly popular, never touched those.

#27 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2295 posts) -

Forza or pretty much any other racing game that isn't Dirt 2 or PGR3.

#28 Posted by Franstone (1155 posts) -

Final Fantasy.

And I have no desire to.

#29 Posted by Humanity (10090 posts) -

@JacDG said:

Zelda.

I've also never properly played a Zelda game. I might have owned one for the original block gameboy but not sure if I did I never got very far.

#30 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (529 posts) -

Having never owned any of Sony's consoles, pretty much all of the major/great franchises exclusive to the PlayStation.

#31 Posted by Little_Socrates (5715 posts) -
#32 Edited by Atlas (2457 posts) -

Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Castlevania, and Diablo are the first that come to mind, but I'm sure there are lots more venerable franchises that I've completely passed over, for various reasons.

#33 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

Halo comes to mind.

#34 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2543 posts) -

Mass Effect, Final Fantasy, Zelda,Metroid, Silent Hill

#35 Posted by Soapy86 (2619 posts) -

I've never played a Metroid. I would really like to get into the series at some point, but with each new release the prospect becomes more and more daunting.

#36 Posted by Slaps2 (286 posts) -

I have, not once, completed any game made by Nintendo.

#37 Posted by Railer (101 posts) -

There's a couple of popular franchises I haven't played. Mostly because I don't care much for the specific theme in them.

• Resident Evil
  • Silent Hill
  • Pokemon (This one I haven't played because I've never really owned a Nintendo handheld)
#38 Posted by believer258 (12191 posts) -

I thought I'd commented on this before...

Anyway, I've never played a Silent Hill game, a Tenchu game, Boktai, a Tales of ___ game, a Mana game, Earthbound, Metal Gear Solid, Shenmue...

...yeah, I can't think of much else. There are already some "cult classics" on that list, and you could probably dig down and find some cult series that I've never touched or even heard of before, but generally, if it's even remotely well-known or well-regarded I've played at least some of one of its entries.

#39 Posted by believer258 (12191 posts) -
@soapy86 said:

I've never played a Metroid. I would really like to get into the series at some point, but with each new release the prospect becomes more and more daunting.

You can skip the first and second games, the two DS games (Pinball and Hunters), and Metroid Other M. Zero Mission and Fusion are good, but not necessary. Neither are the latter two Prime games. Which leaves Super Metroid and Metroid Prime (two of the best games of all time), unless I'm completely missing something.

Honestly, the Metroid games have a storyline and continuity, but you could pick up any one of them and not need the others to know what's going on and, really, the story is not the reason to play those games since, in most cases, it's pretty minimalistic and in the background.

#40 Posted by plainplease (187 posts) -

Up until last week, I'd never played a BioShock game, but I've been enjoying it... I'm surprised at how little I actually knew about this game, but it is exactly like everyone told me: totally killer.

#41 Edited by Vexxan (4614 posts) -
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Silent Hill
  • Mass Effect
  • Uncharted
#42 Posted by Hupfen (44 posts) -

I have never played the Fallout series, neither the Max Payne series.
I think it is because I'm so fed up of playing games with guns, yet I adore games like Half-Life and Mass Effect... irony...

#43 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5992 posts) -

God of war - Diablo - Dragon Age