Portal Is Great

gimmysumcowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By gimmysumcowbel

I was just over at a friends house playing some Splosion Man, which is incredible by the way, when we realized that Portal has had so many influences over downloadable games. 
Splosion Man's collectibles are little cakes and the achievement for collecting all of them is "Not a Portal Reference." Also the end credits are almost as great as Portal's were.  (I have no clue if Portal was the first game to have amazing end credits but it was the first that i played) Same thing with Fat Princess.  The trophy for beating the Single Player is "The Cake is Not a Lie". Fat Princess also has some interesting end credits however they are not up to par with Splosion Man's or Portals. 

i thought that this was fairly interesting and thought i would share it with yall. If there are any other references to Portal that you guys know about feel free to add them.
gimmysumcowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By gimmysumcowbel

I was just over at a friends house playing some Splosion Man, which is incredible by the way, when we realized that Portal has had so many influences over downloadable games. 
Splosion Man's collectibles are little cakes and the achievement for collecting all of them is "Not a Portal Reference." Also the end credits are almost as great as Portal's were.  (I have no clue if Portal was the first game to have amazing end credits but it was the first that i played) Same thing with Fat Princess.  The trophy for beating the Single Player is "The Cake is Not a Lie". Fat Princess also has some interesting end credits however they are not up to par with Splosion Man's or Portals. 

i thought that this was fairly interesting and thought i would share it with yall. If there are any other references to Portal that you guys know about feel free to add them.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Wait, "Portal was the first game to have amazing end game credits?" Isn't that a bit...subjective?

gimmysumcowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gimmysumcowbel

@Video_Game_King:
read the rest of the parenthesis buddy

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By TheKidNixon

I actually noticed the influence Portal had on 'Splosion Man myself: set in a secret lab with science gone horribly wrong, near instant death unless you escape the traps, demanding platforming, a macabre sense of humor, the zany closing credits. I saw the inclusion of cakes as merely the final, obvious nod to a game that these developers clearly thought highly of.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King
@gimmysumcowbel said:
"

@Video_Game_King:
read the rest of the parenthesis buddy

"
I did, but I'm just saying...
joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By joey
@gimmysumcowbel said:

"(I have no clue if Portal was the first game to have amazing end credits but it was the first that i played) "