#1 Posted by Renegadegd (75 posts) -
#2 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Both!

#3 Edited by xyzygy (9990 posts) -

Portal 2, but not this week. Looks to be a much superior game

#4 Posted by Agent47 (1896 posts) -

Of course more people are going to pick Portal 2.GB has a bigger PC community than a fighting community.

#5 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

None... there is no PC version of MK. I liked Portal but I won't be paying full price for Portal 2. Steam sale :)

#6 Posted by JEC03 (900 posts) -

I'm going to wait for a price drop too for portal 2 I totally would get the new mk in a heartbeat if it came to PC.

#7 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

Both!

#8 Posted by Renegadegd (75 posts) -
@Agent47 said:
" Of course more people are going to pick Portal 2.GB has a bigger PC community than a fighting community. "
Too be honest, i just wanted to take advantage of the name "portal Kombat". Your probably right, but i still think Jeff and Brads love for fighting games will bring in some people.
#9 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

None of them, not really interested

#10 Posted by Eversoranimus (122 posts) -

Both

#11 Posted by CaptainObvious (2998 posts) -

None due to lack of funds. If I had the money I'd get MK though.

#12 Posted by JoMu (117 posts) -

Most likely both for me.

After seeing Gabe Newell walk out on the Sony stage during E3 that's when I decided I was going to buy Portal 2. After being so anti-PS3 he showed he was going to take a chance on Playstation so I will take a chance with Valve. I'm more of an RPG player so this will be my first Valve game.

I wasn't planning to buy Mortal Kombat until later but after seeing some of the deals out there, I'll probably pick it up today also.
#13 Edited by SMTDante89 (2579 posts) -

None, but only because Record Store Day was this past Saturday and that's where almost my entire paycheck went.

EDIT:  I say none for this week specifically.  I will pick up Portal 2 someday in the near future.  I may wait for a sale/drop in price for MK.

#14 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

Both, yo! Got my tax return check in the mail, so thankfully I can!

#15 Posted by Solidfox (60 posts) -

I really wanna get both, however I've only got money for one. So I'm buying Portal 2

#16 Posted by Cloudleet (155 posts) -

I bought Portal 2 yesterday (or, preloaded it) and MK arrived in the mail today!

#17 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

already have Portal and halfway through it (or so i think) and waiting for amazon uk to ship my MK. one of those weeks where its IMPOSSIBLE to choose just 1 in my opinion, food be damned

#18 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

Both. I'm a fighting game fanatic (well, I love SSFIV anyways) and I absolutely LOVE Valve games. It's a kickass fucking week for me in the world of games.

#19 Posted by TooWalrus (13197 posts) -

I've got both preordered from Amazon, they should be here later this afternoon (though I don't have much free time, so it'll be a few days before I can really get into them.

#20 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

None since I'm broke. I was thinking about getting Portal 2, but after finding out that it has that Man Co. nickle and dimming store built into it from the get go, I lost all interest in that game. 

I'm still really wanting to pick up MK, but I'm not a huge fighting game fan because I can never remember move combos, so I'm worried that will hurt that game for me. Plus, console games are fucking expensive. I will wait for it to drop to $30-$40 in a few months.
#21 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11009 posts) -

I find myself not interested in Portal 2 at all (despite my enjoying the first one), and wanting Mortal Kombat a whole lot. Sadly though, I don't really have the time or funds at the moment to get that, so it'll have to wait until it goes on sale or something...

#22 Posted by JoeyRavn (4973 posts) -

Both. I wasn't planning on buying MK, but Jeff's review got me totally hyped for it. It seems that even if I'm a complete (non-Saibot) noob when it comes to fighting games, I'll be able to enjoy the new MK. I just got the pre-order on Amazon. I'm getting the classic Sub-Zero and Reptile costumes, yay! ... yay?

And had pre-ordered Portal 2 a long time ago. Man, that game's so fucking sweet...

#23 Posted by JacDG (2124 posts) -

Mortal Kombat, probably just rent Portal 2, when I've finished it I don't think I'll ever play it again, so don't think it's worth the price of a new game (70-100 dollars)

#24 Posted by tourgen (4500 posts) -

Portal 2 is my game of choice, definitely.

But I just read Jeff's review and the challenge tower in MK sounds amazing.  I love the idea of progressing through a tower of weird, surprising challenges using fighting game mechanics.  I think it's a very cool idea and I can't wait to try it.  It's just enough of a puzzle gameplay aspect to hook me in hard.

I'm buying both today, release day.
#25 Posted by SoftCoreDave (151 posts) -

Have both on pre order, waiting for release day (UK) is killing me, then I have the problem of what to play first

#26 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

I think a very similar thread already exists.

Also, both.
#27 Posted by Wuddel (2092 posts) -

Portal 2. I got subzero interest in fighting games ;)

#28 Posted by pweidman (2334 posts) -

None, neither interest me, but I am looking forward to watching Jeff play MK on TNT.  Dunno why, but I like watching the fighting game matches far more than playing them,lol.
#29 Posted by eezo (284 posts) -

had some extra cash this month, so i got both :) FUCK YEAH! can't wait to get home from work and play the hell out of Portal 2 just to go get my copy of MK tomorrow!

#30 Posted by Mooseslayer (54 posts) -

Portal 2 for now. Probably MK after a price drop or two

#31 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

I want both, but I have no money, so probably neither.