Possible Uprising At The Infinity Ward Offices and Missing Execs

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By crusader8463

According to 1up.com and G4 security was called to the Infinity Ward Offices today for some unknown reason.

G4's news story

Something's happening at Infinity Ward right now. A source close to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 just informed me that a "bunch of bouncer-types" just showed up outside of the Infinity Ward offices unannounced. When approached by employees, the non-uniformed "bouncers" were unwilling to disclose why they were there.

"Everyone is on edge," said my source.

Infinity Ward studio heads Vince Zampella and Jason West reportedly met with Activision this morning and have not been seen by Infinity Ward staff members since. My source did not delve into specifics, but described the relationship between Infinity Ward and Activision lately as "tense."

The mood around the Infinity Ward offices is currently described as "freaked out" and "confused."

"We just wanna make our games," said my source.

I've contacted Activision for comment on the ongoing situation at Infinity Ward. Stay tuned.

My guess would be that there is going to be a few layoffs coming out of no where, and they want security their for the inevitable backlash. Or maybe that news story in Australia got one of the million or so crazies out there to decide that they need to end the evil that is Infinity Ward for destroying the youth of the world, and has taken it upon them selves to bomb the place or shoot it up.

So what do you guys think is going on?

UPDATE: It appears that studio head Jason West has been let go from Infinity Ward. West's LinkedIn account now lists his position as "past," and shows that the position ended in March 2010. In addition, one of our own sources inside Infinity Ward has said that Activision is "flexing their muscles" against the studio, which is attempting to "push back against change."

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pwnasaurus

there is about 4 threads on this already no joke.
Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Three0neFive

For the love of god stop posting this shit.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

Wait, Activision? This can't be good. Quick! To arms, my men! We must take down the evil empire!

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crusader8463
@pwnasaurus:@Three0neFive: Well then yell at Dave to fix the fucking thing that shows related threads because when i made it nothing came up.
Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Three0neFive
@crusader8463 said:
" @pwnasaurus:@Three0neFive: Well then yell at Dave to fix the fucking thing that shows related threads because when i made it nothing came up. "
ctrl+f
Activision

Not that hard bro
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crusader8463
@Three0neFive: I did do that and nothing came up. Some story about Activision being the mafia and activision shutting down the kings quest fan remake. So ya it is that hard bro.
ErgoProxy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By ErgoProxy77

Yo fuck Activision, I'm buying Rockband!

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By crusader8463

UPDATE

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By sodiumCyclops

http://kotaku.com/5483427/activision-cites-infinity-ward-insubordination

its over for Jason West at IW

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By AuthenticM

It's Gerstmanngate all over again! Man I hope they all quit their job and reform another independent studio... and partner with EA. :)

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Barrock

2 dudes are gone. Activision fucking sucks.

webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By webby
Tim Schafer's take on this 
"Getting mad at Activision for this kind of thing is like getting mad at an ape for throwing feces. It's just how the beast communicates."
AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AuthenticM
@Webby said:
" Tim Schafer's take on this "Getting mad at Activision for this kind of thing is like getting mad at an ape for throwing feces. It's just how the beast communicates." "
The Dude couldn't have put it any better.
jimmy5150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By jimmy5150
@Webby: Now it's proven that we can always count on Tim Schafer to tell things like they are in the video game industry!
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I guess ppl really were outraged by dedicated servers, they took it a bit far with bouncers. Jk of course, that's sure an interesting way to get fired.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By animateria
@Webby: Heh, the man sure knows how to speak his words.
Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Castro

As little as I care for the Call of Duty/Modern Warfare series, this is fucking ridiculous. I have a lot more to say about the dismissal of the Red Octane guys, but that's for another time. The Modern Warfare guys have made Activision a shit-ton of money. It's not like that team is dead weight or something. Since Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero are (kinda) dead, maybe they'll have Neversoft make Modern Warfare 3! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Wait, didn't they layoff the Neversoft guys too? It's a sad state of affairs when you can't even remember which studios are still in operation.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Synthballs
@ErgoProxy77 said:
" Yo fuck Activision, I'm buying Rockband! "
You've made the better choice.
Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#21  Edited By Atlas

I can just picture in my head the evil empire music from Star Wars playing, Bobby Kotick striding through the halls flanked by storm troopers, and then force choking Jason West.

Also, Tim Schafer's comments were absolutely awesome. Right on, duder.

act26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By act26

wtf, fire the makers of one of the most popular games ever??
Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By Tennmuerti

I think now Activision is just actively trying to come up with ways to one up themselves every week.
While I understand that they are heartless bastards, what I do not understand is that they are supposed to care about money, so how is this firing of lead developers of the IW cashcow help their bottom line?  I just don't see the logical connection:
Fire lead devs in biggest selling game of all time = PROFIT ... ?

Wait, what?

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Alphiehyr
@crusader8463 said:

" According to 1up.com and G4 security was called to the Infinity Ward Offices today for some unknown reason.

G4's news story

Something's happening at Infinity Ward right now. A source close to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 just informed me that a "bunch of bouncer-types" just showed up outside of the Infinity Ward offices unannounced. When approached by employees, the non-uniformed "bouncers" were unwilling to disclose why they were there.

"Everyone is on edge," said my source.

Infinity Ward studio heads Vince Zampella and Jason West reportedly met with Activision this morning and have not been seen by Infinity Ward staff members since. My source did not delve into specifics, but described the relationship between Infinity Ward and Activision lately as "tense."

The mood around the Infinity Ward offices is currently described as "freaked out" and "confused."

"We just wanna make our games," said my source.

I've contacted Activision for comment on the ongoing situation at Infinity Ward. Stay tuned.

My guess would be that there is going to be a few layoffs coming out of no where, and they want security their for the inevitable backlash. Or maybe that news story in Australia got one of the million or so crazies out there to decide that they need to end the evil that is Infinity Ward for destroying the youth of the world, and has taken it upon them selves to bomb the place or shoot it up.

So what do you guys think is going on?

UPDATE: It appears that studio head Jason West has been let go from Infinity Ward. West's LinkedIn account now lists his position as "past," and shows that the position ended in March 2010. In addition, one of our own sources inside Infinity Ward has said that Activision is "flexing their muscles" against the studio, which is attempting to "push back against change."

"
For starters, Australia's a outdated and ugly country that was colonized by convicts. Secondly, there's no such thing as good or evil. Lastly, someone got sacked, get over it. 
This reminds me of Gossip Girl and The Hills where something small happens, they bitch and brag about it.
AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AuthenticM
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By Hamz

Locking this down in favour of this topic where there is already extensive discussion over the Activision Vs. Infinity Ward debacle.