• 79 results
#1 Edited by Humanity (9599 posts) -

EDIT: Our prayers have been answered! Sort of.. maybe not a fully fledged daily feature (yet!) but there will be a sweet dose of Vinny tomorrow at whatever timezone you're in. Be there or be ..dark.. square..

So I wanted to post this in the other thread but I literally can't find it and have no clue how the search works.

Anyway Vinny was tweeting about maybe doing a Daily Dark Souls sort of thing and then I don't remember where but someone from staff said it would maybe start as early as Monday. Not sure if that was one of those sarcastic replies or a real one?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Maybe @rorie can exit the merchendising pits of hell fire for a sec and give us an update if this is something that is actually planned or is it simply an idea still floating in the ether?

it's this one

https://twitter.com/VinnyCaravella/status/380884088443248640

#2 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

I hope it happens, to say the least

#3 Posted by NegativeCero (3012 posts) -

Sure, I'll watch that. Hopefully it isn't a premium thing though.

#4 Edited by Rafaelfc (1382 posts) -

All the thumbs in the world are up for this!

#5 Posted by ConfusedOwl (952 posts) -

Oh man I'm so on board if this happens. I'm too much of a wuss to play Dark Souls on my own but fuck yeah I'll watch Vinny play it.

#6 Edited by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

I want to believe. Please make it so.

#7 Posted by Benny (1953 posts) -

@humanity said:

So I wanted to post this in the other thread but I literally can't find it and have no clue how the search works.

Anyway Vinny was tweeting about maybe doing a Daily Dark Souls sort of thing and then I don't remember where but someone from staff said it would maybe start as early as Monday. Not sure if that was one of those sarcastic replies or a real one?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No idea but I worry that bringing stuff up like this all the time makes it less likely to happen.

And yeah, GB's search function is total garbage and has been since the redesign.

#8 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Sorry guys. It's not Dark Souls, it's Daily LoL with Brad.

#9 Posted by Bollard (5663 posts) -

I hope we see more daily features, but all the games have to begin with d.

#10 Posted by Humanity (9599 posts) -

@benny: I think it's kind of weird that it's gotten to the point where were scared to mention a feature we might like in fear that the staff might see it and try to spite us by not doing it.

#11 Posted by ElixirBronze (434 posts) -

I remember Rorie on the UPF chat saying something along the lines of "We don't know what it'll be yet, but we'll definitely do something.".

#12 Posted by Benny (1953 posts) -

@humanity said:

@benny: I think it's kind of weird that it's gotten to the point where were scared to mention a feature we might like in fear that the staff might see it and try to spite us by not doing it.

I think the truth of the matter is that they don't want it to be forced. There's always been a sort of random hacked together feel about GB content and I think the CBSi buyout really put a damper on that aspect of Giant Bomb.

#13 Posted by vikingdeath1 (982 posts) -

PRAISE THE SUN! DAILY DARK SOULS!

#14 Posted by Humanity (9599 posts) -

I remember Rorie on the UPF chat saying something along the lines of "We don't know what it'll be yet, but we'll definitely do something.".

Somehow I got it in my head that they'd do something on Monday. Maybe I was just imagining it.. ?

#15 Posted by HermanBloom (94 posts) -

He's stuck a message on twitter, people were bound to respond to it and I'm not sure posting about it on here will make it in any way less likely to happen. Vinny is either working on it, or not. We'll find out soon enough. Hopefully it's a yes!

#16 Edited by ElixirBronze (434 posts) -

@benny said:

@humanity said:

I think the truth of the matter is that they don't want it to be forced. There's always been a sort of random hacked together feel about GB content and I think the CBSi buyout really put a damper on that aspect of Giant Bomb.

Daily Dark Souls™ coming soon, available exclusively to Super Premium Subscribers™ (only $24.99 / month) only on CBSi © ® ™ ℠

#17 Edited by Rafaelfc (1382 posts) -

Daily Disgaea confirmed....?

#18 Posted by probablytuna (3731 posts) -

I am in favour of this new feature (if it's true).

#20 Posted by Veektarius (4921 posts) -

I've seen the tweet before but have no idea where this optimism about starting today came from. Does anything ever happen on Mondays?

#21 Posted by ShaggE (6555 posts) -
#22 Posted by bybeach (4899 posts) -

Vinny is the one person there not always good at games who still is always enjoyable to watch. Brad must reflect life isn't fair(and it's not) when he sees this, but Vinny never fails to be a trip. Whether this happens or not is another matter. But thanks to Brad for Breaking Brad, would of had to be an influence.

#23 Posted by golguin (3965 posts) -

I'm always in favor of playing Dark Souls. Rorie mentioned in chat that he wanted to get back in during a stream last week. I know he finished Anor Londo. The DLC area would be a great place to start. It's the best content in the game.

#24 Posted by SlashDance (1828 posts) -

Yes, please.

I have to wait another week for my new PS3 to arrive so I can finally play GTA. A daily dose of Vinny would be the best way to pass the time.

#25 Posted by EXTomar (4843 posts) -

Actually I would rather watch the team in Minecraft (try to) build something but that is just me.

#26 Posted by billymagnum (837 posts) -

daily dota is probably the only feature on this site i have absolutely no interest in watching. i would watch vinny play anything on a daily basis....maybe even dota haha

#27 Posted by Milkman (17029 posts) -

Probably not today since they have to record the podcast but some time this week, most likely.

#28 Posted by TruthTellah (9318 posts) -

@bybeach said:

Vinny is the one person there not always good at games who still is always enjoyable to watch. Brad must reflect life isn't fair(and it's not) when he sees this, but Vinny never fails to be a trip. Whether this happens or not is another matter. But thanks to Brad for Breaking Brad, would of had to be an influence.

Everyone besides Vinny isn't Vinny. Life isn't fair.

#29 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1576 posts) -

I would watch the ever-living hell out of this! Make it so, Vinny!

#30 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5801 posts) -

I really hope that's a thing. I don't think Vinny would tease us with something that tantalizing if he didn't intend to at least try to get something together.

#31 Edited by MooseyMcMan (11301 posts) -

I would love to watch Vinny endure through his run of Dark Souls on a daily basis!

What?

Moderator Online
#32 Posted by Bocam (3785 posts) -

Vinny's at the Tomb of the Giants. He's pretty close to beating the game if he doesn't do the DLC area

#33 Posted by Abendlaender (2837 posts) -

So that's that Valve announcement!

#34 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2725 posts) -
#35 Edited by Nux (2383 posts) -

I hope this is a real thing. This would be so fun to watch.

#36 Posted by fetchfox (1290 posts) -

Oh god yes, that would be amazing. Please have this be true!

#37 Posted by Krataur (371 posts) -
#38 Posted by Zevvion (2094 posts) -

I don't care about Dota, but I would watch Daily Dark Souls. That game was quite fun to jump into every now and then, so I think I'll also enjoy watching someone play it every now and then.

#39 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@rafaelfc said:

@chavtheworld said:

Daily Disgaea confirmed....?

I'd say "Daily Don't Shit your Pants", but I'm pretty sure that would just be a live feed of Jeff's life.

#40 Posted by edoone (39 posts) -

Do it Vinny!! please!!!

#41 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1450 posts) -

Id watch a daily Dark Souls...it might even make me want to continue my game

#42 Edited by Vuud (2033 posts) -

Vinny is so good at breaking games I want to see what he'll do with Dark Souls.

#43 Posted by leem101 (110 posts) -

A dark souls endurance run would be great viewing :)

and also don't get everyones complaints about the pc version, i have a good time playing it on there

#44 Edited by Animasta (14712 posts) -

@leem101 said:

and also don't get everyones complaints about the pc version, i have a good time playing it on there

the fact that witcher 2 runs way better than dark souls for me is kind of a problem

dark souls 2 will be undoubtedly better but still

#45 Edited by Scrawnto (2456 posts) -

@leem101 said:

You were the first person in the thread to mention the PC version. I'm not sure what complaints you're talking about. With the mod out there that unlocks the resolution, the game is best on the PC by a wide margin.

#47 Posted by Salvationtwist (38 posts) -

i would watch any show with vinny just like AMVinny

but srsly maybe another endurance run allready?

THE PEOPLE WANT ENDURANCE!

#48 Posted by Castiel (2665 posts) -

So they are finally going to do a daily feature that's acutally fun to watch?

#49 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5801 posts) -

CONFIRMED!

#50 Posted by flasaltine (1682 posts) -

Dammit! I was hoping the Dark Souls feature would be daily and be a new character. This will have to do.