#1 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3906 posts) -

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/10/space-hulk-space-hulk-space-hulk-space-hulk/

Beautiful. This man deserves an award.

Also hell yes Space Hulk! I think XCOM has shown that there's a place for awesome TBS games and if it's got the 40K license attached to it even better. I'm interested to see how they're going to handle it, if they stay super faithful to the original game, or if they try to expand on it a bit. I remember playing XCOM thinking how rad it would be to have a 40K version of that, so aside from mods this is probably the next best thing.

#2 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

Now this is games' journalism I can get behind.

#3 Posted by TooWalrus (13237 posts) -

#1SPACEHULK

#4 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4690 posts) -

That some kind of Warhammer reference? Does the space hulk just shout it's name like a pokemon?

#5 Posted by DeadVillager (77 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

That some kind of Warhammer reference? Does the space hulk just shout it's name like a pokemon?

You could always consult Lord Google.

#6 Posted by Levius (1171 posts) -

This game sounds rad, I'm already getting final liberation flashbacks. This sounds way more squad based though, which is cool.

#7 Posted by Zaccheus (1797 posts) -

I approve of this.

#8 Posted by BisonHero (6674 posts) -

Who is the publisher? I'd consult Emperor Google, but I'm supposed to be studying for an exam right now.

#9 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2025 posts) -

I don't know which is better, the Choose-Your-Own-Score review of that Family Guy game or this article.

#10 Edited by IAmNotBatman (655 posts) -

I ONLY EVER WANT TO FIND ARTICLES LIKE THIS ON THE SITE FROM NOW ON. IT IS THE TEMPLATE FOR WHICH ALL FUTURE ARTICLES SHOULD BE WRITTEN.

@BisonHero: It's being developed by FullControl but I wanna say THQ???????

#11 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

SPACE HULK

I was disappointed that this game does not feature a non-terrestrial-bound Marvel character. But then SPAYCE MUHREENS!

#12 Posted by crusader8463 (14423 posts) -

So what the fuck is the game exactly going to be? All I could get off google was that the minifig game was like some kind of modified rule set of the table top game if I'm reading correctly. Is this going to be X-Com with space marines, because I would give body parts for that. Though the crappy 3D in that trailer doesn't get my hopes up much.

#13 Edited by BurningStickMan (232 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

Is this going to be X-Com with space marines, because I would give body parts for that.

Ehh... sorta. Can't speak to the board game, but the original video games were all about positioning your men strategically at intersections of a ship. There were spawn points on the edges of the map that sent out an infinite stream of aliens, who your space marines could easily smoke if shooting from the end of a hallway. If the aliens got to melee range, that marine was probably gonna die. You'd set up a moving perimeter to get to your objective (grab a computer core, have your flamethrower guy burn a room) or try and seal off doors to stem the flow of aliens. The sequel let you directly control any of the marines if you wanted to, the others were left to the AI.

I *assume* this game will be a modern update of that. At least that's what the very limited info on their page makes it sound like.

#14 Posted by Levio (1784 posts) -

Well, at least it was a quick read.

#15 Edited by Kidavenger (3582 posts) -

iOS "game"...

Move along, nothing to see here.

#16 Posted by NinjaBerd (221 posts) -

I read the article in the way Orks in Space Marine speak.

#17 Posted by kerse (2117 posts) -

Finally a journalist I feel I can trust.

#18 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2259 posts) -

There's some original journalism right there, bet no one thought of that before.

#19 Edited by ViciousReiven (821 posts) -
#20 Posted by Nightriff (5156 posts) -

Klepick got nothing on this guy

#21 Edited by EarlessShrimp (1663 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

They have an infatuation with the words. Similar to the Orks' "SPACE MARINES"

#22 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

i don't get it.

#23 Posted by BaconGames (3488 posts) -

Motha fuckin' Genestealers.

#24 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3906 posts) -
@BaconGames

Motha fuckin' Genestealers.

Right? Why can't they just mind their business.
#25 Posted by HarlechQuinn (450 posts) -

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD... We played the board game and the Amiga version to death back in the days...

#26 Posted by csl316 (8989 posts) -

Oh, shit yes Space Hulk. I didn't know anything that went on in that game as a kid. It wasn't Sonic 3, I said.

#27 Posted by ExplodeMode (852 posts) -

The most enthusiast press.

#28 Edited by avantegardener (1130 posts) -

Consider my interest peaked, is it going to in the digital stylings of Space Crusade and Hero Quest. Both of which hold a special place in my heart in thier original 'board' form.